INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: XVID with FFDshow  (Read 7217 times)

JONCAT

XVID with FFDshow
« on: October 13, 2006, 12:08:17 pm »

MC12 looks very nice so far. FFDSHOW with MC11 and XVID codec installed was working 100%. Now with FFDSHOW choosing the XVID codec (instead of libavcodec) multiple instance of ffdshow try to load in the systray which bogs down MC & PC resources for playback. Choose the libavcodec an XVID files crash MC. Granted this all has to do with the combo of MC12, x64, & FFDshow but it was all working flawlessly in MC11. I am really impressed with Theater View especially; makes it usable for me. If other ffdshow users can post about their experiences; I really hope to isolate this issue.

thanks
Dr. C

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: XVID with FFDshow
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 02:01:52 pm »

I use it extensively and have had no similar problems when using recent builds.

What FFDSHOW build are you using?

I'm using the one included with CCCP and it's been fine.  The 20051129 build on the FFDSHOW wiki does have problems.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JONCAT

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2006, 06:09:45 pm »

I was using the August 22 2005 version but I'm trying the only 2006 version I could find - I'll post the version when I get home.

Here's some more amplifying info:

I decided to start tagging all my video so I started using Tiles. MC seems to do a type of pre-fetch for thumbs I guess and MC11 would crash when the main Video view scheme was displayed in Tiles - this would take a bit as it loaded info on the video and then crash.

MC12 has no such problem with crashing but seems to load FFDshow icons in the systray as the info is loaded (JRthumb processes in Task Manager). Sometimes I have way too many i.e. 10+

I don't know a lot about video codecs but I try to use FFDshow to handle them and not install codec packs although I think I tried a pack someone (maybe you glynor) rec. in order to get WMV & WMA working on x64. I noticed the filter selection feature is in MC12 but not how this works or if I need to utilize it and select FFDshow to help this issue.

FFDshow has been mostly a headache on x64 but with MC11 I had the Xvid codec installed seperately, and told FFDshow to use that for Xvid & related codecs. This resulted finally in no excessive icons in the systray, no crashes, and a smooth integration with MC. I am inclined to think something has changed with MC12 especially due to the direct filter selection but I don't really know what I need to adjust or if the guys could take a peek and see if something is amiss.

I'll poke around for a FAQ on MC12.

v/r
DC

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 11:24:24 pm »

Things are panning out. But I have some instabilities to report. I keep getting a corruption that arises; my video turns into that rainbow color distortion where you can just see shapes and colors and video plays back. Once I restart MC12, things return to normal. Some kind of communication problem between MC and FFDshow. Is the filter selection option in MC12 so we can tell MC to exclusively use a certain app and itsa filters for certain types of files?

thanks
DC

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2006, 01:43:48 am »

I would strongly recommend that you try CCCP.  I agree with you about the codec pack aversion, with every codec pack except that one.  It's really the one to use.  It's mostly just FFDSHOW, but comes with a few other filters and splitters that'll help you play most anything that you'll need to handle.  Quite well done.

If you really don't want to use it (or if it happens to not work with XP64 -- check the CCCP Wiki for details), the best place to get current builds of FFDSHOW is either directly from Celtic_Druid here: http://celticdruid.no-ip.com/xvid/ or from http://x264.nl/

Those will be the newest builds.

EDIT:  CCCP does work with Windows Server 2003 and with Windows XP64.  There are issues, but it appears to work.  More here: http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Issues:Windows_2003_and_XP64_Video_Problems

It mentions weird color problems, explains why a little (and how to fix it when it happens).  Apparently it's a XP64 issue.

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2006, 08:33:43 am »

thanks - I'll try it today. So would you rec. uninstall all codecs (my current version of FFDshow and my Xvid codec install), then install the CCCP pack, and then FFDshow?

btw - I downloaded this FFDshow version - think it might be an x64 version?
ffdshow64-rev2546.exe    17-May-2006 13:40  3.4M 

thanks Glynor!
DC

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2006, 09:26:50 am »

Glynor! Kinda off topic, but...

I've installed the CCCP. Overall, it works great, but since installing I've been getting rather frequent error messages from the Hlaali Media Splitter while using MC12:

"MP4: No Supported Tracks Found"

This occurs mainly when I'm dealing with m4a files (don't have to be playing them, it happens even if they're in the view)

Any ideas on how to solve this?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2006, 10:53:35 am »

thanks - I'll try it today. So would you rec. uninstall all codecs (my current version of FFDshow and my Xvid codec install), then install the CCCP pack, and then FFDshow?

Yes, except for XviD.  That's cool to keep, though I'd make sure I had a current version.

There's detailed "suggested" install steps on the wiki here:
http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page#Latest_CCCP_.28aka._Download_Here.21.29

CCCP comes with FFDSHOW, so officially there's no reason to install FFDSHOW separately.  If you want to try the x64 version you found to see if it solves the rainbow colors issue go ahead, but yes, install it after CCCP.

Make sure to uninstall any splitters you've installed (DirectVobSub, AACFilter, etc).

I've installed the CCCP. Overall, it works great, but since installing I've been getting rather frequent error messages from the Hlaali Media Splitter while using MC12:

"MP4: No Supported Tracks Found"

This occurs mainly when I'm dealing with m4a files (don't have to be playing them, it happens even if they're in the view)

Any ideas on how to solve this?

Yeah.  Actually that is quite annoying.  I think the reason it happens when you're just viewing them is the thumbnailing process (rather than only when you play them).

I don't have any m4a files, so I haven't seen that particular error (but I have with some MP4 files).  There's a couple of things you can try...

0) Close MC (or any other app that plays back media)
1) Change the Haali Media Splitter settings in CCCP's settings dialog.  Go to Start --> Programs --> Combined Community Codec Pack --> Settings.  Click Next.  Uncheck Enable MP4 Support under the Haali Media Splitter frame and click Apply.

Try it to see if the error persists.  If so, then you can configure it through MC.  First, undo what you just did above...  Then, in MC, go to:

1) Tools --> Options --> Playback --> DirectShow Playback Settings.
2) In the DirectShow dialog, on the right under DirectShow filters, scroll down and find m4a in the list.  Select it and click Select Filters.
3) Wait patiently.  It might take a minute or so to come up.
4) Try selecting some Source Filters on the left hand pane (other than Haali obviously) and attempt playback of the M4A files until you find one that works.  Leave the Other Filters section alone.  (If you  can't get the error to go away, then you can try manually choosing FFDSHOW audio decoder over there).

(A tip... Try Nero Digital Parser or StreamBufferSource if you have them.)

This is one thing that is currently quite annoying about Haali.  Hopefully in the future they'll include an option to suppress the error dialogs (lots of people have asked for it), because the playback works (when Haali fails, it automatically tries a different method and finds one that works).

If you can't find a combination that works, let me know and I'll post more detailed directions on manually building a filter chain in MC that will work.  That probably won't be necessary though.

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2006, 09:46:12 pm »

Wow. Thanks for the detailed and helpful response glynor!

I tried option 1, which seemed to work. But then I realised it had defaulted back to quicktime for playback, which meant I couldn't play any of the files more than 64 character long. Darn.

Option 2 worked fantastically! Changed the filter to Nero's, like you suggested, and haven't had the problem since.

Problem sorted. Thanks for your help :)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2006, 10:20:05 pm »

No problem.  I fought for a while with it trying to get it to stop throwing the errors with a few odd MP4 files I was making with meGUI, so I figured it all out.

The really obnoxious thing is that Haali "fails" properly (meaning, even though it throws the error, it does still "fail over" and let the file play using another filter).  What's annoying is that 1) it pops up the darn error and there's no way to suppress them, and 2) it tries to play things it can't properly handle in the first place.

My guess is that there are SOME types of MPEG4 Audio that it can handle properly, but not all of them.  I really just wish the developer would add in a "suppress error messages and log" option.  Maybe eventually... (I've seen people ask for it on Doom9 and whatnot a lot, so hopefully!)

Only other thing to say is gotta love the new DirectShow playback options in MC12 (without which it would be much harder to fix this stuff)!  Thanks Yaobing (and everyone else)!!!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2006, 10:30:09 pm »

One caveat, because you're still set up to use Haali with MP4 files, if you get any of those that have the weird stuff that Haali can't handle (and it's not all of them because I have quite a few x264 MP4 files that work just fine through Haali), you'll want to do the same #2 procedure I outlined above for MP4.  Just set it to use Nero Digital Parser too.

When I suggested you uncheck MP4 to be handled by Haali (option #1 above), I assumed FFDSHOW would take over as the splitter rather than Quicktime.  Guess not!  You could force it to use FFDSHOW (instead of letting Quicktime end up with it) using the DirectShow settings, but if you're going in there, you might as well just do it this way anyway and leave the CCCP settings dialog alone.

JONCAT

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2006, 09:17:04 am »

A cursory rundown of my experience with CCCP.

I uninstalled all codecs except Xvid and also uninstalled FFDshow.

Installed CCCP (didn't read the link you posted, sorry), then tried that 64 FFDshow. The Haali splitter was running in the systray but I could see no picture. For some reason, even though CCCP was set up to display the FFDshow icons in systray, they were not showing up and though all codecs were set to run with FFdshow things were not not working right. I tried the other FFDshow I use, Aug2006, and same thing. Uninstalled everything to revert back to what was sort of working, just the Aug2006 FFDshow; stil no picture. Same problem I had about a month and posted here about it. I think Glynor, you rec. the Gordian knot codec pack. That did it and FFDshow seems to be behaving. I should have read through some of the info a bit more, as there is probably a workaround. The "colors" bug for x64 seems to have been replaced by this "no display" while the audio plays bug; it happens, I reboot MC and things work. I'll read up and post back regarding tis x64 bug.

v/r
DC

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2006, 09:26:05 am »

Yeah.  That EXACT problem is documented on the page I linked (sound but no video).  The solution is to disable Overlay Control in FFDSHOW and stick to one player.

You could then (using the new option in MC) turn on VMR9 mode.

Solution: To overcome this problem, there's not much you can do. First of all, make sure Overlay Control is disabled in ffdshow's Video decoder configuration settings (the Overlay option is unchecked in the list on the left)

It appears that doesn't completely solve the problem, as switching back and forth between player applications will cause it to reappear.  Once it does, they suggest you reset to the Default Overlay Values:

How to reset to Default Overlay Values:

For ATI graphic cards: start the playback of a media file if you have no file playing already -> right click on the desktop -> Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Overlay -> press the Defaults button -> use the other sliders to adjust the colours to your liking -> press Apply.

If you use the Catalyst Control Center, start the playback of a media file -> right click on the desktop -> Properties -> Settings -> Advanced -> Catalyst(R) Control Center tab -> click the ATI Catalyst(R) Control Center button in the center of the panel. Make sure to chose Advanced and click next. Click the + next to Video under Graphics Settings on the left side of the screen and highlight Adjustments. Uncheck Let the application control the video adjustments and the video should appear in your player.

For NVIDIA graphic cards: start the playback of a media file if you have no file playing already and then see the last paragraph of the nVidia Issues entry for instructions on how to adjust the color controls.

Each time you need to change the colours while playing, you have to use the overlay colour controls provided by the driver of your graphic card as written above.

I'd be careful with Gordian Knot's codec pack.  It installs a bunch of ugly stuff you don't need.  If it works, fine, but it could mess other things up (AAC playback, DVD issues, and other things).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2006, 09:32:18 am »

DrC:

One other question... With all the problems with it, why are you still running Windows XP64?  Do you use it for high-performance database serving tasks or something?  3D Modeling?  Huge amounts of memory?

There are almost zero current consumer-level applications that can make any use of 64-bit processing or memory addressing, since market penetration is almost zero.  That will surely change with Vista (which will have a default 64 bit version), but even that'll really probably be a ways off (not Vista itself, but the tendency for other software to start making real use of 64 bit capabilities).

I'm just wondering... Given all the negatives (poor compatibility, terrible driver support, etc, etc), what's the upside?

JONCAT

« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2006, 10:40:26 am »

I built a new system a few years ago, found all the drivers I needed (EMU, HP, etc.) and never looked back. I agree with you on the performance issues; I just wanted to check it out. Things were pretty smooth for a while and I have just spent so much time at this point "defeating" bugs or working around them, that I just can't turn back now : ) I just wanted to play with it, now I feel stuck with it. IWhen I build my next system (2-5 years?) I will make a more calculated decision on what OS to install.

thanks for your help - we have a new baby here and my wife was dying to watch some shows in TV for some respite.

DC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 10:45:29 am »

Congratulations on the new kid, Doc!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 10:48:24 am »

Absolutely.  Congrats!!

(I'm all excited because we just got a new dog -- my first ever.  That's nothing compared to a child though!  Good luck!)

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 10:53:53 am »

Congratulations on the dog, Ed!

Was it expected?

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 10:59:59 am »

Well... When my wife looks at PetFinder about every day and sends me links of 2-3 dogs she likes regularly, you kinda get the hint.

I've always been more of a cat person.  I like dogs a lot, but they're so high-maintenance.  If I decide to go out after work and party and never come home, the cats are okay (a little pissed and hungry, but they manage on their own).  With a dog, not so much...

I'm really pleased with ours though.  She's a shelter dog.  5yr old black Lab named Chloe.  Nice and mellow, just looking for a comfy spot to lay down and someone to snuggle with.  She also likes to play frisbee (though isn't obnoxious about it).  Best of all, I think (after they get over the insult) I think she'll be able to get along with our two resident cats!

JONCAT

« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 11:44:30 am »

I'm hoping Benjamin will get along with our two resident cats, a frisky young Bombay & a stubborn old Maine Coon Cat.

;D

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 12:13:14 pm »

a stubborn old Maine Coon Cat.

;D

Arent they all!

JONCAT

« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 04:55:54 pm »

Okay maybe I am exhausted, yes, that is my excuse; can't find how to PM you Glynor. Seems like we have somewhat resolved this for now, so you can PM me back or respond here. I thought I read a post in which you had a nice camera, a really nice camera. Wondering if you can recommend a batch resizer for digital photos besides Photoshop CS.

thanks
DC

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 04:56:27 pm »

Private messages are turned off.  They were being used for SPAM.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2006, 07:55:36 am »

Wondering if you can recommend a batch resizer for digital photos besides Photoshop CS.

I generally just set up an Action in Photoshop, but a couple other things that work well:

IrfanView - a great (and free) little image viewer application.  Doesn't try to do "too much", but does what it does well.  Includes a lot of batch processing tools.

ThumbsPlus - not free, but a well-liked photo management tool.  Considerably more powerful than iPhoto-style tools.  I've never used it, so I can't speak to it personally, but people really seem to love it.

GraphicConverter X - This is honestly one of the coolest little programs ever.  Unfortunately (for you probably), it is Mac-only, but that's not a problem for me.  Much like MC, new versions of this software come out with reckless abandon, and the revision "fix lists" are miles long.  It can do a little of everything, and it's name (while apt, it can convert from about any format into any format) does it no justice -- it's a lot more than a converter!

JONCAT

« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2006, 08:16:01 am »

I use Irfanview but I didn't realize it had batch tools, cool. I may just use MC actually for emailing pictures with resize then I can just keep the originals. If I throw some up on the web I have JAlbum resize the originals. thanks.

One question fro FFDshow users:

MC seems to preload video files to get a screenshot. It was doing this after I rebuilt my library and built thumbs. It seems like FFDshow and VOBsub get pre=loaded in the systray in multiple instances; I think I mentioned this earlier. It really seems to bog things down when you add a ton of new video files. Does this occur for anyone else. If I disable a bunch of codecs in FFDshow, Mc doesn't try to load FFdshow.

DC

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2006, 08:24:37 am »

Man I wish someone would make a Batch Resize Plugin for MC.
How Cool would that be!
http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=batchresizeplugingn7.png

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2006, 08:28:20 am »

Man I wish someone would make a Batch Resize Plugin for MC.
Why not use MC?  Select, right click, image, resize.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2006, 08:31:33 am »

I found it to restrictive, for a start it always modifys the original image,
which most the time I don't want to do.

Also I wanted a reason to make a snazzy graphic logo thingy.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2006, 08:46:20 am »

Make copies first.  Or use the "send to" option to e-mail yourself a few (conversion is an option).

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2006, 09:11:54 am »

And which I never want to do.  That's not the main reason I don't use MC's resizer tool, but it is an inconvenience.  A simple, "as a copy" checkbox (which automatically re-imported the new copy into the Library) would fix it right up in that regard.

The other big reason I don't use it is I often also really need to have some more resize options, similar to Photoshop's Image --> Image Size tool:

I'm less concerned with the resampling (upscaling) part of it (if I need to do that for some weird reason, I'd probably use Photoshop anyway).  However, quite often I need to modify the Resolution to 300 dpi (for print) or 150 dpi (which works quite well for PowerPoint), irrespective of the final document size or pixel dimensions.  Some examples:

• resize to 5 in x 7 in at 300 dpi for printing, without accidentally upscaling
  • resize to 20.5cm x 25.7cm (8x10 with a 2 mm oversize for borderless prints), but leave the pixel dimensions alone (and see what the resulting image resolution is)
  • change the image resolution to 300 dpi to see what the largest high-quality print size possible (or to actually print it that way)

Right now, all of these resizing tasks are not possible to perform using MC's simplistic tool.  Frankly, except for posting images here on Interact (and other web-centric uses), the resize tool in MC is fairly useless for me!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #30 on: October 17, 2006, 09:32:42 am »

MC seems to preload video files to get a screenshot. It was doing this after I rebuilt my library and built thumbs. It seems like FFDshow and VOBsub get pre=loaded in the systray in multiple instances; I think I mentioned this earlier. It really seems to bog things down when you add a ton of new video files. Does this occur for anyone else. If I disable a bunch of codecs in FFDshow, Mc doesn't try to load FFdshow.

Yes.  This is caused by MC's thumbnailing tasks.  These are, I must say, way way way more stable than they used to be (due in no small part to my constant complaining).  I now don't have many problems with the thumbnailing tasks, as long as I use CCCP and it's version of DirectVobSub.  If you have the DirectVobSub installed as part of Gordian Knot's Codec pack, that version is known to cause trouble and is certainly why you're having issues -- also the FFDSHOW the GK codec pack comes with has some issues as well.

Disabling the codecs in FFDSHOW just passes the buck over to other codecs installed on your system, and defeats the purpose of having FFDSHOW installed at all, as it can't do it's filtering or splitting then.  If you're just going to disable FFDSHOW from handling any media types, you might as well just uninstall it!

Potentially, many of your problems go back to using XP64, of course.  Perhaps, for you, FFDSHOW isn't the ideal solution.  I'm not sure that any other codecs are going to give better results though.

Have you tried these steps (in this order)?

1. uninstalling everything you have (codec wise)
1a. reboot!
2. install XviD if you want it for encoding purposes.  Also install any other "specialty" codecs you need, such as RealAlternative, Quicktime, etc).
3. install CCCP from here: http://www.cccp-project.net/
3a. reboot!
4. install FFDSHOW 64-bit build from here:  http://celticdruid.no-ip.com/xvid/

If you're using XviD, you might also want to try the XviD64 build available from Celtic Druid.  I have no idea if it's stable at all, but its worth a shot.

JONCAT

« Reply #31 on: October 17, 2006, 05:55:55 pm »

"If you're just going to disable FFDSHOW from handling any media types, you might as well just uninstall it!"

Sorry, I meant I was disablingjust to make the thumb rebuild a bit smoother.

I tried the x64 version and not the CCCP version. The x64 version simply didn't run; no systry icons, at least, to make me think FFDshow was being used.

I am using an aug 2006 FFDshow and the Gordian Knot pack has a lossless avi codec and some wma stuff. I could not play WMA or WMV nor could get an video until installing the GK package.

I will look into this further and I did try to install according to your directions above but had no luck with CCCP. I'll make an OS image tonight or soon, and play around with it somehow. I am nervous to undo a fix that finally has been found.

DC

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: October 23, 2006, 09:05:50 pm »

I just thought I'd post this here, since I'm fairly excited about it.  There's a brand, spankin' new beta version of CCCP (built today) that includes a version of Haali that can suppress the error dialog boxes!  Wahoo!!

There are some other changes to the codec pack as well (a new version of FFDSHOW and some other stuff) but nothing huge.  So far it's been working perfectly for me.

You can grab it here:
http://www.cccp-project.net/beta/

To enable the option to disable Haali's annoying error dialog boxes, simply go to Start --> Programs --> CCCP --> Media Splitter Settings.  Then , in the Haali configuration dialog that appears, expand the Interface node and choose Display Error Messages.  Set it to No and click Apply (or OK).  You should be all set then on these little irritations!

MrHaugen

« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2006, 04:10:35 pm »

I'm a bit confused now.
I thought there was no way to run FFDSHOW with MC.
If that works like a charm (considering image quality) I have to seriously reconsider the use of Zoom Player.
I think that I might still prefer ZP when it comes to DVD though. More possibilities.

I have been a heavy user of ZP and post prosessing through FFDSHOW for a good time now.
Almost never used MC for video... Would really like to though.

Could anyone give me a pro/con of the different setups and explain a bit? Especialy when it comes to the use of video in MC....

Thanks!

BTW: Love the version 12! Only missing my half star ratings so far :)
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2006, 04:14:39 pm »

I think that I might still prefer ZP when it comes to DVD though. More possibilities.

MC 12 gives full control over what filters get used on a per-file type basis.  We don't believe MC 12 gives up anything to ZoomPlayer in this area.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2006, 04:15:08 pm »

You might find some useful info in this thread:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36564.0

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2006, 05:40:26 pm »

I'm a bit confused now.
I thought there was no way to run FFDSHOW with MC.

You certainly are confused!

Just to answer unequivocally... You most certainly CAN use FFDSHOW as your DirectShow filter of choice with MC.  It works quite well, with both MC 12 and MC 11 (and probably MC 10 but it's been a while and I'm not sure).  MC12 makes it even better as it allows you to configure individual DirectShow settings on a per-file-type basis (overriding the default system filters if you want and setting up your own DS filter Chains).

FFDSHOW is a DirectShow filter, and works with any DirectShow player (like MC, MPC, WiMP, and so on and so forth).  I don't use Zoom Player myself (I have it installed as part of CCCP but I prefer MPC), so I don't know how it's interface works, but FFDSHOW creates tray icons for itself (one for the Video Decoder and one for the Audio Decoder) whenever it's loaded.  You can use these to set all of the FFDSHOW settings and options on the fly.  You can also pre-set them of course via the FFDSHOW Start Menu shortcuts to these same dialogs.

MC + FFSHOW == video euphoria!   ;D

MrHaugen

« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2006, 01:43:09 pm »

You certainly are confused!

Correction.... I was confused  :D
Thanks for the explaination.

Going to investigate the possibilities later on.

Never tried MPC, but it can't possibly beat Zoom Player imo.
I'm only considering MC for DVD playback to minimize the different apps I have to use.
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

JONCAT

« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2006, 12:14:33 am »

I'm using FFDshow for everything but DVD. I have the newest Purevideo decoder setup and gave up on ZP & FFDshow for DVD a while ago. Things look great with Purevideo & MC. ZP wouldn't work on x64 with Purevideo, MC would; this was about a year ago.

I installed the newest CCCP tonight after certain avi 2.0 files were breaking up and morphing and skipping. Not many files have this problem but they mostly seem to have in common> AVI 2.0 but then again other files of this type play okay. Turning off FFDshow seems to work (blur&nr, resize), strange that these files in particular don't dig being processed but much higher bitrate files have no problem with Lanzcos 4x, Blur, and NR etc.

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2006, 11:35:43 am »

Hey Glynor, a little off topic but since PM is disabled....I am going to build a new system and start from scratch. I know new doesn't equal better but I was wondering if there is realy no advantage to using a 64bit OS for me. Your right, I don't use it for large amounts of memorey or databases...is there no benefit to using 64bit drivers for Nvidia video cards or EMU soundcards. Is there no benefit to audio and video performance; I'm not using multi-track recording just archiving vinyl and using lots of compressed audio hence I like t ohave a powerful cpu for compressing/verifying .apes etc. I have drivers for sound, video, printer, etc. and my XP lalptop can map drives from x64 but my IRtrans IR device doesn't work nor does shell integration at all. And of course a multitude of other problems possibly due to x64. I am planning on an AMD64 x2 2.6 system with 2gb of DDR2 soon and really considering XPSP2 or 3 if it's out now. Thanks for your advice.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up