INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.95  (Read 7338 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.95
« on: October 17, 2006, 04:41:20 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved. 

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120095.exe

History

12.0.95 (10/17/06)

1. Changed: Expansion state of playlist groups is preserved even after collapsing the playlists root.
2. NEW: The tooltip in the "Image" tag window (click small image in tag window to zoom in) shows the image dimensions and size.
3. Changed: View header buttons use similar widths when possible.
4. NEW: Added an "Eject" button to the top of an iPod or removable disk view.
5. Changed: Limit style smartlists are now left in random order in the view instead of applying the view's sorting.
6. Changed: The "Sort" menu selection works nicer for smartlists. ("Default" leaves ordered smartlists, but other choices use view setting instead of smartlist order)
7. NEW: Added "Options > Tree & View > Advanced > Right click advanced play menu" to allow full zoned play commands to show at root of menu.
8. Changed: Sequence column is wider by default so it holds sequence numbers into the thousands without overflowing.
9. NEW: Three different image columns are available, and can be placed anywhere in a list and made any size. (old-style icon, alexicon, large album thumbnails)
10. Changed: The column list available from the "Columns" menu matches the list in "Customize Current View".
11. Changed: Any time the image player window is resized, it zooms so the whole image fits. (instead of only doing this if the image wasn't manually zoomed or scrolled)

12.0.94 (10/16/06)

1. Fixed: Remote Server was not included in Options > Startup.
2. Changed: When entering fullscreen mode from Theater View, the borders and mouse cursor are not automatically shown.
3. Fixed: The last action menu item at the top of a right-click menu wasn't working properly for Playlists.
4. Changed: The confirmation message box that is displayed when Media Scheduler tries to start recording TV while TV engine is already running will self-destruct in 10 seconds in case the user has left it running unattended.
5. Changed: Double-clicking on "Playlists" in the tree for playback would not properly honor Access Control.
6. Changed: The "Play" link on a thumbnail honors the double-click setting to "replace one file" so it won't use the full list.
7. Fixed: RAW files should return correct tag information.
8. New: Added a "Rule" to the HH Cache.  Default is [HHDevice]\[Artist]\[Album].
9. Changed: Post extension data is returned for the "Filename (name)" field / expression when dealing with CUE files.
10. Fixed: Library specific library import options were not being honored. (so Otto wouldn't see external changes)
11. Fixed: Library backups could cause a hang in some cases.
12. Fixed: Some MP3 based radio streams fail to open.
13. Changed: Media Center does a better job of not allowing the start menu to show over the top of a fullscreen mode.
14. Changed: Installer no longer recommends uninstalling other versions of Media Center.
15. Changed: Installer will no longer allow Media Center 12 to be installed into a folder with a previous version MC installed. (if you did this, uninstall all versions, reboot, and reinstall v12)
16. Optimized: Loading views with panes is faster.
17. Optimized: Improved performance of player window redraws.

12.0.93 (10/13/06)

1. Fixed: CUE file import would not properly get the genre, date, or length of the last track.
2. Fixed: Importing an MPL file with CUE tracks in it did not work properly.
3. NEW: Added more handheld lossy cache options.

12.0.92 (10/13/06)

1. Changed: Removed monochrome effect of unselected option pages.
2. Fixed: Library Server (and library backups) could fail.
3. Fixed: Podcast downloads would not show a download percentage.
4. Fixed: Some Theater View textures could still appear torn.
5. Changed: Tools that operate on selected files no longer ignore list selection state if the tree is focused. (like rotating images with Playing Now selected)
6. Changed: iPod syncing rules have been changed so that most tag changes will require a file to be re-sync'd.
7. Changed: Theater View searches now include numbers as well as letters. (U2, etc.)
8. Fixed: When editing fields that don't show a drop-list, the text could appear scrolled to the left.
9. Changed: A field's acceptable values are all listed when tagging. (instead of only values that file has)
10. Fixed: While editing a field like "People" in the Action Window, keyboard list navigation didn't work nicely.
11. Optimized: Improved how edit controls (and list edit controls) are created to improve speed. (please report any in-place or AW tagging strangeness)

12.0.91 (10/12/06)

1. Fixed: Library Server would only serve a partial library. (introduced in build 90)
2. Changed: Added a couple of tooltips over the TV channels list on "TV Channels" property page.
3. NEW: Options dialog uses faded images for unselected items.
4. Changed: Tuned the coloring used by Noire for Options page selection.
5. Fixed: If "Name" was listed twice in the tag window, editing either would always edit the second one.
6. Fixed: Auto-library upgrade from Media Center 11 was not working properly. (didn't find MC 11 libraries)
7. NEW: Windows Media (wma) streaming buffered for seeking.
8. NEW: User can choose whether to use "Video Mixing Renderer 9" or "Overlay Mixer" to play video.
9. Fixed: In some cases the aspect ratio setting did not take effect.
10. NEW: Added an "Edit Playlist" menu item for playlist right-click to open in the Action Window.
11. NEW: Added an "Edit" button to the top of a playlist view.
12. Fixed: Library backups could fail. (introduced with build 90)
13. NEW: Added the ability to change the Audible download path (right-click on service in tree).
14. Fixed: Visual Basic interface plugin controls could use skin coloring, even with skinning disabled.
15. Fixed: Theater View textures (buttons, text, etc.) could look torn through the middle.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gappie

Re: Media Center 12.0.95
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2006, 05:27:06 pm »

5. Changed: Limit style smartlists are now left in random order in the view instead of applying the view's sorting.
did not help for me. but there are no view sortings in my random lists and the standard ms smartlist.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2006, 05:40:42 pm »

did not help for me. but there are no view sortings in my random lists and the standard ms smartlist.

From the drop list at the top of the view, try picking "Sort > Default"

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 05:45:42 pm »

9. NEW: Three different image columns are available, and can be placed anywhere in a list and made any size. (old-style icon, alexicon, large album thumbnails)
For discussion, please use this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36461.0

tranceConscious

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2006, 05:58:39 pm »

In the tree views  [on the left] in folders under my computer, I've noticed that pressing left or right keys does not always work...

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 06:04:27 pm »

2. NEW: The tooltip in the "Image" tag window (click small image in tag window to zoom in) shows the image dimensions and size.

This is really nice, but it doesn't work over Media Server.  I don't know if this is a limitation of the way MS works, or if it's a bug, but it would be nice if this information was included when using the client as well as the server.

I haven't had a chance to see this yet, but this is something that I've been hoping for.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2006, 07:13:45 pm »

Bug Report:

Artwork is currently broken on Audible files.  All the aa files that include artwork just say "Inside file" in the Image window rather than actually displaying the art.  The thumbnails for aa don't show up either.

I don't know when this issue started, but I know that I definitely used to see the art for these files.

Thanks,

Larry

nathanchavez

• Galactic Citizen
  • I know nothing except for the fact of my ignorance
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 07:20:31 pm »

I have had a problem getting MC to enter fullscreen mode when watching any video file ever since I migrated over to MC 12.  For some reason it the play buttons stay visible and do not go away after a certain amuont of time, regardless of where the mouse is.  Is anyone else having this issue?

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 07:35:49 pm »

Image stacks in Theater View are not randomized like they are in standard view. It would be nice if they were.

Also, when you first enter Theater View and start drilling down down into a LIST VIEW, list items are animated (drawn) top-down. Subsequent attempts however cause the list items to draw in a random fashion. Is this the intent? I like the top-down look better.

Thanks.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 07:39:30 pm »

Bug Report:

Secure Rip "log" files still won't open over Media Server when accessing the files via the library.  The DO open when navigating directly to the files via "Drives and Devices."

Larry

lOth

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 07:43:05 pm »

thanks for this, I had been waiting for it for a long time:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=30598.msg210924#msg210924
;)

While you're at it, could we get an eject button that could be added to the toolbar?

Two Wire

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 08:52:56 pm »

Bug Report:

Artwork is currently broken on Audible files.  All the aa files that include artwork just say "Inside file" in the Image window rather than actually displaying the art.  The thumbnails for aa don't show up either.

I don't know when this issue started, but I know that I definitely used to see the art for these files.

Thanks,

Larry

I have this problem also. What I did was to copy images from those blank files and paste back to the same file. The image appeared after the paste.

mata7

• World Citizen
  • Me Drunk Singing Salsa
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 09:56:29 pm »

do i need uninstall the old version to install the new one?

jgreen

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2006, 10:20:57 pm »

Dragging a track into AW playing now while "get cover art from the internet" returned a "finished" message caused MC to hang unrecoverably.  I could neither finish dropping the track in AW playing now nor click "OK' on the cover art dialog box.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2006, 11:31:41 pm »

While you're at it, could we get an eject button that could be added to the toolbar?

I think another logical place for an eject button would be in the AW "handheld" window.  I relaize that there is only so much room, but this is a VERY common function when dealing with iPods, so it just seems like it belongs there.

Thanks,

Larry

DJ_Hazelwood

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2006, 02:22:44 am »

Hi,

I'm using the Scheduler of MC12. When adding or editing a task I can only see a 12-hour-clock in the time-field. So for example if I define 10:00 as start-time and then close the task I see 22:00 in the task-list. This is a little bit confusing.

I've noticed this also in previous builds.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2006, 03:34:44 am »

When I install the Wavpack plugin, my track display is not working properly:
On all audio files, (MP3, APE, MPC, WV) I just get Buffering... instead of the info selected.
[Remaining Time] // [Total Time] - [Bitrate (labeled)]   [PN Position] of [PN Tracks]

Also, MC has a filetype of Wavpack (wv) already. Of course it will not play wv but has the type.
Then after the Wavpack plugin is installed, we have 2 filetypes that claim the same extention.

gappie

« Reply #17 on: October 18, 2006, 06:01:53 am »

From the drop list at the top of the view, try picking "Sort > Default"

thanks. yesterday evening i tried that. did not work. also after restarting the programm. i just looked and now it does work. just changed it for random albums, and it does not work. but who knows, later. or maybe i should look again into the expressions. i fooled around with it to much the last days to get it to work.

funny thing is that by choosing default the sorting in current view is what i get when the sorting is empty when using random.  ?

thanks again.

gappie

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2006, 06:16:46 am »

just found a small thing. when trying to rename a playlsit i get this:

NoCodeUK

« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2006, 09:36:38 am »

Loving the new big icons!  Just a small thing which has bugged me for a while.  If a folder has an image saved as a folder.jpg and then you do a rename files from properties the image is orphaned in the old folder.  Is there any way the image could be moved at the same time as the files?  This would mena not having orphaned images left in folders or files with out of date image tags.

Cheers

Adam

EDIT:  If after moving you delete the image link and say yes to remove cover art it appears the old folder is deleted including the old cover but the new location does not have a cover.  Could it be a single process - move files, copy over cover, update image lik, remove old folder
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2006, 10:00:16 am »

I'm playing around a bit with the Advanced right click menu, and I can't help but feel that the Play menu should be removed from Send To and moved to the top level.

Maybe even change it up a bit.

Like you could keep "Play" at the topmost level, and then the Play-> menu beneath that with all of the various options, minus the plain "Play" option.

It's just that seeing how easy it is to hit the various Play options when they're in the top level like that (but only when you have multiple zones configured) makes me wish I could have that all the time.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2006, 10:00:56 am »

Marko,
I've moved your list here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36489.msg247675#msg247675

Please use that thread for any new problems.

Thanks.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2006, 10:01:48 am »

9. Changed: Post extension data is returned for the "Filename (name)" field / expression when dealing with CUE files.

1. Fixed: CUE file import would not properly get the genre, date, or length of the last track.
2. Fixed: Importing an MPL file with CUE tracks in it did not work properly.

CUE track playback is still broken.

The filename extensions appear as .cue;1 instead of .mp3;1, .ape;1, .ogg;1 etc.

Right-click import in Playing Now does not work with CUE files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2006, 10:35:40 am »

I noticed that the Data\Custom Art\ folder system may be partially broken. My custom NoTile.png image works as before, but I cannot make the SmallIcons.png file work from the Custom Art folder. I had to replace the original file in the Data\Default Art\ folder.

A bug?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2006, 10:49:52 am »

A bug?

No.  The system was reworked so that small icons are a merge between default and custom.  You need a sister Images.xml file in the custom folder to describe your custom icons if you want to go down this path.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2006, 11:37:28 am »

Thanks, I'll try the Images.xml system.

If you decide fix the "unimported document" icon or perhaps use my SmallIcons.png file I have no need for a custom file, but it is good to know how this works.

Just to make sure that this is still on your list:
Re: Media Center 12.0.76

When MC builds a thumbnail for a video file it does not use the linked cover art file (or screen capture file). The image file must be relinked to make it display correctly.

JohnM

• World Citizen
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2006, 12:06:39 pm »

MC crashes every time when changing from a Shoutcast .pls to another

BR John

Media Center Registered 12.0.95 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1796 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 513 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive K:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4167B   Addr: 0:2:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive F: PHILIPS  CDRW1610A          Addr: 0:3:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Log was to long to be pasted here..

dcwebman

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2006, 01:57:19 pm »

7. NEW: Added "Options > Tree & View > Advanced > Right click advanced play menu" to allow full zoned play commands to show at root of menu.

I have tried the two ways to determine what I like best. I think I like the option checked because it makes the Play menu easy to get to eliminating one less submenu. However, it would still be nice to have the Play and Add to Playing Now still at the top of the first menu. Very often I build up my playlist by right-clicking and selecting Add to Playing Now and with the option checked, it's two menus. And there is no way to put Add or Add to Playing Now on the toolbar so that's not a workaround this time.

Can we get Play and Add to Playing Now still at the top of the first menu when the option is checked?
Jeff

jimn

• World Citizen
  • You are getting sleepy...very sleepy...
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2006, 03:45:39 pm »

MC crashes every time when changing from a Shoutcast .pls to another

Hi John,

Could you give some more details about the crashes:
Can you play .pls streams to play at all, or does it crash only when changing?
Does is crash immediately?
How do you select a new stream? Do you click the link a browser?
What Internet speed to you have?

JimN
Pages: [1]   Go Up