INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TiVo and "Show in Theater View" setting  (Read 1333 times)

ventilatedslacks

• Junior Woodchuck
  • bouncing off the walls, mr jones is back...
TiVo and "Show in Theater View" setting
« on: October 18, 2006, 07:54:14 pm »

My understanding is that when the "Show in Theater View" option in the Edit View Scheme dialog is unchecked then that view scheme should not be displayed on TiVo through the MC TiVo server. This is true for all of my "sub-" View Schemes, but the root View Scheme for Audio is continuing to display on the TiVO even though I have it set to not show in Theater View. Is this the intended behavior?

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: TiVo and "Show in Theater View" setting
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2006, 10:52:31 pm »

Yes, the Playlists, Audio and Images are hard coded and will always appear.

j

CDvd

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 12:35:03 am »

Is it possible to make "Show in Theater View" to have a slightly different behavior for root schemes, turning this :

into this:

?
The second screenshot is what I would prefer to see in TV, it does not mix folders and ? 1 2 3 4 5 or what ever you put first in your root view scheme.
Right now, someone who never have used MC and the Theater View will ask what ? 1 .. mean.
A computer without COBOL and Fortran is like a piece of chocolate cake without ketchup and mustard.

ventilatedslacks

• Junior Woodchuck
  • bouncing off the walls, mr jones is back...
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 08:30:26 am »

Yes, that would be my preference for root schemes in Theater View (for me, the actual Theater View is not relevant, but the TiVo view is). For example, right now my audio root scheme is set up as:

Album Artist (Auto) [groups of 2]
Album Artist (Auto)
Album

If I have other view schemes set up to show in Theater View (e.g., Genre/Artist/Album, Compilations), what I see when I open the Audio folder in TiVo is:

Genre/Artist/Album
Compilations
0-9
A-B
C-D
E-F
etc.

Unfortunately, this means that there's no label to give the user an indication of what the 0-9, A-B, C-D, etc. groupings are (album, artist, genre, name?). It would be preferable to see:

Artist/Album (the name of the root view scheme)
Genre/Artist/Album
Compliations
etc

Then the user only sees the 0-9, A-B, C-D folders after opening the Artist/Album folder and understands that these groupings are by Artist name.

If the above is not possible, then I would at least suggest diabling the option to "Show in Theater View" when editing the root view scheme.

RobOK

• Citizen of the Universe
  • long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 11:50:41 am »

My understanding is that when the "Show in Theater View" option in the Edit View Scheme dialog is unchecked then that view scheme should not be displayed on TiVo through the MC TiVo server.

I forgot that setting controlled Tivo Server too.  I recommend JR change the name of the field to "Show in Theater View and Tivo Server"
Pages: [1]   Go Up