INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Runtime Error! BUG (playing FLAC)  (Read 1825 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Runtime Error! BUG (playing FLAC)
« on: October 19, 2006, 02:26:52 pm »

When I am streaming FLAC music transcoded to 320Kb MP3, I get the following error message quite often:

--Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library--
Runtime Error!

Program: ...rogram Files\J River\Media Center 12\Media Center 12.exe

The application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I am officially contacting the application's support team.  By the way, I'm using the new Firefox 2 RC3 and I'm surprised it thinks FLAC is misspelled!  It has mp3 in its dictionary.  I think flac should be in it too!

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Runtime Error! BUG
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 02:45:30 pm »

Please report problems with third-party plugins (FLAC) on the third-party board.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Runtime Error! BUG
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 03:04:37 pm »

Does this necessarily apply to third party plugins?  Isn't streaming to a music player (Upnp streaming) natively supported by MC?  Correct me if I'm wrong?  I just thought it was native.  Wrong?

pawinter

• Recent member
Re: Runtime Error! BUG (playing FLAC)
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 10:48:37 am »

whenever I start Media Center (12.0.301) I get Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library - Runtime Error!   ... application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.  I disabled the DFX DSP, but it didn't help.  I usually have to try 2 or more times to get Media Center to a state that is stable enough to work.  Sometimes I have to delete some files in the Cache folder.  This is very irritating and I haven't seen any real discussion of the problem with possible cures.  I'm not doing Media Server, but this is on a corporate PC behind a proxy server.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Runtime Error! BUG (playing FLAC)
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2007, 11:08:39 am »

Pages: [1]   Go Up