INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Smartlist Question  (Read 1048 times)

VOLFAN

• Recent member
Smartlist Question
« on: October 28, 2006, 09:48:11 am »

I'm really struggling trying to create what I feel is a basic smartlist.  Any help is greatly appreciated.  It should be noted I'm a complete novice at this.  Also, I have tried searching endlessly and have come close but still not the result I'm looking for. 

I would like to create a 30gb smartlist for my Ipod.  Everytime I try creating it I have problems with more albums per artists being returned than what I want.  I would like to have only 2 complete albums per artist.   

So, here's the smartlist request I have. 

Audio
Genre - Rock, R&B
Limit - 30gb
Albums - Complete (Limited to 2 per artist)

Thanks all!

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Smartlist Question
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 01:42:42 pm »

try this for starters:

[media type]=audio g=[rock],[r&b] [complete album]=1 ~limit=-1,2,[album artist (auto)] ~a ~s=30720

I used [album artist (auto)] to give two VA albums in the results. If the results are not what you're after, just reply with details of what you got, and what you want.

VOLFAN

• Recent member
Re: Smartlist Question
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 05:20:27 pm »

try this for starters:

[media type]=audio g=[rock],[r&b] [complete album]=1 ~limit=-1,2,[album artist (auto)] ~a ~s=30720

I used [album artist (auto)] to give two VA albums in the results. If the results are not what you're after, just reply with details of what you got, and what you want.

Thanks a lot Marko.  I'll give it a try later tonight. 

Another quick question... Should transferring 4gb to an Ipod take 1.5 hours? Does this sound about right?  I'll search this as well. 

Thanks again.

Jim
Pages: [1]   Go Up