INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Installation trouble  (Read 1116 times)

icanrule

• World Citizen
Installation trouble
« on: October 29, 2006, 12:08:34 pm »

I have a full paid for version of media Center 11 and I fully expect to upgrade to 12.  But I want to test it first.  I installed it okay on one of my computer but the second one the trial said it has already expired.  If I just insalled it why does it say that it has already expired? 

If I remember correctly I had the same problem with version 11 except since I already had a purchased key for 11 it was easy to get around. 

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: Installation trouble
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2006, 12:21:33 pm »

This usually falls into a couple of different things: installing a trial version, forgetting that it was installed, and then re-installing much later for example. Sorry, but there is no way to reset the counter. You can try on a different computer.

j

icanrule

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2006, 12:25:47 pm »

I had a feeling you would say that.  It actually even makes a lot of sense that you wouldn't have a reset option.  I have installed it on another machine but I really wanted to take advantage of the shared server options to see how well it really works. 

I think I am just going to wait for the full version to come out.  Inevitably I will by it but it seems clear this has some instability.  It runs really well on the second machine though. 

Is their any idea when the beta will be over and a full version will be released?

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 01:45:58 pm »

I just recently dived into the Beta of MC12 after "Sitting on the fence" for a while, as it seemed to me that it was a bit "flakey".

I would not go back to MC11 now. MC12 is quite mature even though it is still a Beta. It handles my library of just over 40000 audio files with ease.

Why not take advantage of the cheaper upgrade p;rice and splash out? You won't be sorry!

I also run library server for three other home PCs (wife's office, lounge, and laptop with floats around - ie. out next to swimming pool), and it works very nicely indeed.

Go on! Take the plunge; enter the world of 12

Cheers
Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up