INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LAME settings  (Read 1215 times)

marrahm

• Recent member
LAME settings
« on: October 31, 2006, 07:27:12 pm »

Does anyone know what the actual command line options are that are triggered by the pull down settings in the encoder options page?  I'd like to see how they compare to the Radified guide suggested options.

Thanks,
Mike

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: LAME settings
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 03:06:41 am »

Did you actually check the MP3 options in MC?

MC11 and newer show the used command line. You can see the custom command line display changing when you select different predefined settings. The custom command line dialog box is grayed out and acts as a display unless you select the custom option. Then you can write your own command line.

In MC11.1 and MC12 the first part of the displayed command line before the actual encoding switches is lame.exe or gogo.exe. This selects the used MP3 encoder type. The default is LAME so you can write a custom command line without the "lame.exe" string.

Radified guide may not be the best source for LAME switches information. I would recommend trusting Hydrogen Audio's LAME wiki.

I have suggested some new predefined VBR settings for MC12 here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36445.0
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

marrahm

• Recent member
Re: LAME settings
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 04:36:30 pm »

Alex,

Thanks.  I didn't notice if the grayed out custom box was changing or not; thanks for pointing that out. 

And thanks for the links.  They were directly on point.

Now if I can just get BC to recognize my CD and DVD drives, I'll be able to use the program.  It still won't read either drive unless I log in with Admin privileges.

regards,
mike

Pages: [1]   Go Up