INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.110  (Read 3213 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 12.0.110
« on: November 09, 2006, 05:29:44 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120110.exe

12.0.110 (11/9/06)

1. Changed: When ejecting a CD during YADB data entry, another CD information entry boxes could appear at the same time.
2. Changed: When viewing a CD, the UI won't stop painting if the YADB lookup / submit dialog boxes are shown.
3. Changed: Revised how shortcut creation is handled during an upgrade install when choosing "Custom". (so that if you check a box to create a shortcut, it always will)
4. Fixed: Folder watching didn't nicely handle when a folder would fail to watch. (because it was missing, etc.)
5. Changed: Added logging to Auto-Import folder watching to assist with finding problems.
6. Fixed: Some PocketPC's did not reliably show up when connecting while Media Center was running.
7. Optimized: Further improvements to program load speed.
8. NEW: Added ability to add a "Zones" button to the toolbar.
9. Changed: The "Locate" right-click command better handles all media types.
10. Fixed: The "Automatic based on current playlist" Replay Gain adjustment would incorrectly jump to "0" when unananlzyed files were in the playlist.
11. NEW: Max height and max width settings for menalto gallery upload.
12. NEW: Mildly friendlier album picklist for menalto gallery upload.
13. NEW: Mildly more ui feedback from gallery upload.
14. Changed: Unimported files now use the track replay gain for the album gain. (instead of having a blank album gain)
15. Changed: Revised URL-shortening system for online video playback. (please try playing Google Video videos in the player from Video > Google Video in the tree)
16. NEW: WMA streams can be scheduled for recording.
17. NEW: Added convert to Jpeg option for gallery upload.

12.0.109 (11.8.06)

1. Fixed: The UPnP Server was not broadcasting on multiple interfaces.
2. NEW: "Start Now" checkbox added to Schedule Task dialog box.
3. Fixed: One minute duration scheduled events will always record at least a full minute (if "Start Now" checkbox is checked).
4. Optimized: Faster program startup in most cases.
5. Fixed: Clicking on "Podcasts" in the first few seconds the program was running could cause a crash. (introduced in 108)
6. Changed: Drag-n-drop uses the word "Analyzing" instead of "Importing" to avoid confusion.
7. Optimized: Improved string engine loading time, resulting in faster program startup.
8. Fixed: Purchase / upgrade images could appear slightly blurry.
9. Optimized: When double-clicking an image in Explorer, fullscreen playback will start much faster.
10. New: Additional status messages for gallery upload.
11. New: Picklist option for finding gallery albums.
12. Fixed: The DSM-520 UPnP Device now works.
13. Fixed: Setting the Media Center shortcut to "Minimized" would cause the program to not be able to be restored.
14. Changed: DCRaw's priority set to Idle priority when thumbnailing.
15. Changed: The "Album Gain" for a file with no album is now the same as the track gain for that file. (so it's treated like an album of one)

12.0.108 (11/07/06)

1. Fixed: Filenames with .'s in them would bozo the handheld cache.
2. Fixed: Handheld cache prune no longer prunes with extreme prejudice.
3. Optimized: Faster load times due to internal architecture updates.
4. Optimized: More components dynamic or delay load, improving startup performance.

12.0.107 (11/06/06)

1. Fixed: Video bookmarks wouldn't load properly.
2. Changed: Detached view responds to Escape to exit maximized and to reattach.
3. Changed: Revised detached display right-click menu to be more clear.
4. Fixed: Incomplete URL option logic was backwards.
5. Changed: Added recognition of second generation iPod Shuffles.
6. Changed: Removed drop arrow from pane headers.
7. Fixed: Theater View "Jump on Play" was jumping to standard view instead of display view.
8. Fixed: In certain cases, Mini View could get stuck transparent until switching away and back to the program.
9. Changed: With "Play visible files" selected as the play button mode, the current playlist will be played if there are no visible files. (minimized, display view, Start view, etc.)
10. Fixed: Scheduled MP3 streams with "~~~stream~~~.mp3" didn't record.
11. Fixed: Scheduled record streams is now placed in Output File Location instead of Music Directory.
12. Fixed: TiVO Server would crash on browsing.
13. Changed: more debugging for multiple network interface machines in UPnP Server.
14. New: Upload to Menalto Gallery added to the Send to menu.  (Caption is an expression.  Defaults to [Caption].  Test feature.  May not remain.)

12.0.106 (11/02/06)

1. Fixed: Video bookmarks didn't play nicely with the pause button.
2. Fixed: FormatDate(...) expressions didn't properly support the 3 parameter version for display with no dates.
3. Fixed: Right-click on "Start" view header text would cause a crash.
4. Fixed: Rated pictures would sync over-and-over to an iPod.
5. Changed: When editing a view scheme, removing or adding a component doesn't discard the list position. (so it takes less clicks to remove all, etc.)
6. Changed: Expressions support tabs and new line formatting in functions to increase readability.
      Example: IF(A,B,C) becomes
         IF(A,
            B
            C
         )
7. NEW: Expression editor shows large, multiline text area. (instead of single line)
8. Changed: When editing lyrics, bios, expressions, etc. tab inserts tabs in the text instead of switching focus.
9. Changed: Added recognition of some of the new iPods.
10. Changed: Added option to omit host portion of UPnP URLs, to work with Denon.
11. Changed: Right-click on a pane entry would show all send to items at the root. (instead of nesting like other areas of the app)
12. NEW: View scheme editing can be done "in-place" so you can quickly change the panes by clicking on the pane headers. (EXPERIMENTAL -- MAY NOT REMAIN)

12.0.105 (11/01/06)

1. Fixed: Using a handheld while switching libraries or closing the program could cause a crash. (by design, handheld operations are cancelled when switching libraries)
2. NEW: DirectX video playback automatically bookmarks videos. (tap previous button to seek to the beginning) (doesn't apply to non-DirectX playback, or internet streams)
3. NEW: CTRL+SHIFT+L selects the next available audio stream in DVD.
4. Fixed: iPod image sync would send the same images over and over.
5. Fixed: Windows Media 11 would not support lossless WMA encoding.
6. Fixed: mp4 media streamed from Media Server could not play in DirectShow.
7. Fixed: Real media (ra, rm, ram) streamed from Media Server could not play in DirectShow.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.110
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 07:53:20 pm »

--------
aquire from scanner
Using Image > get from scanner launches the scanners' TWAIN software (Epson Scan in my case) if I cancel that scanning job and return to MC, I see the following:

There is now no right click menu available from the image display. close the image display, then the tag window, and I find I cannot open the tag window again. Restarting MC is the only way I've found to restore normality.
--------
from build 108 (not re-tested)
looks you broke continuous cd ripping.
when inserting the next cd (using two drives here, so, MC is ripping one while the next is inserted) MC does its 'hunter gatherer' thing, then shows the files in the drives and devices list.

In the 'rip' column, they are all ticked, the status column shows them as "on disc" and in the action window, the "ripping xx of xx" does not update. When the current cd finishes ripping, MC goes into standby waiting for me to tell it what to do next.

I rolled back to build 107 and it's all working as it should do again.
--------
auto-size columns
auto size columns with allow auto size to cut off long values active is too agressive.
This can be seen best in the track # field, where it's not allowing double figures to be displayed.
Also, I've got 1680 pixels of width to play with, but MC still cuts the columns to the bone leaving plenty of empty space to the right of the list pane. It would be nice if MC could make efficient use of all the available real estate.
--------
expression editor
I knocked up an expression using six nested if() statements. Each statement starts a new line, the second last line is what to output if all else fails (Downloaded), and the last line contains the six closing brackets. The pane looks like so:

moving the closing brackets up onto the preceding line fixes the little squares.
--------
burning\reading\working with data DVDs
Further tests using build 106 Discussed here
--------
data burning - set volume name
The volume name field allows more than the maximum allowed characters to be typed in. At burn time, the excess is discarded.
--------
slideshow playback from library browser
from [album] tiles, during audio playback, select an album tile and then click on the "play" link. The slideshow always begins with the last file in the list.
--------
Display View:
When using two split views, launch display view (by double clicking an image?). When returning to standard view, focus has switched to the other view in the split. (Discuss?)
--------
'Tag' Action Window
(Panes view, Tagging mode: On) Select an image, open the [people] tag in the AW and tick a person. Keep the file selection and leave the AW as it is, and now tick a different tag in a pane. Notice the previously tagged people in the AW gets cleared.
--------
Camera (aquire)
.avi files are not being aquired from the camera. (Discuss?)
MC is not able to determine how many files it's aquiring, merely stating "image 1 of ??". Elements and, IIRC, windows, are both able to present this information.
--------
Wishes
  • Please can we have access to saved sorting presets from "customise current view" in the drop-down 'sort' menu in the view headers
  • hopefully, these tag window tweaks are still on the list.
  • An "Apply" button for the 'Edit/Add View Scheme' dialogue. (Discuss?)
  • Expressions in the 'base path' field of the rename from props tool. (Discuss?)
  • .tif file tag reading at a minimum, writing would be nice too if possible (Discuss?)
  • the ability to set a library field to be used as a caption for images and/or thumbnails when using the 'send to > web/ftp > create html' tool
  • I would like to be able to use a date expression in the aquire images general "path" option, and for the scanner, I'd like to be able to setup some incremental file naming rule
  • when playing both audio and images, the dislay's context menu has "send to... (currently playing track)" would love to see "send to... (currently displayed image)" on there too.
  • Navigational favourites could use a little spit and polish. (Discuss?)
--------

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 08:07:51 pm »

Some keyboard navigation comments/suggestions:

Enter on Audio, Images, Video in the tree should expand them.  Right, just seems strange.  Heck using Up/Down to move Left/Right though them is also pretty non-intuitive if you ask me.

Where does pressing the Up Arrow when on Audio go?  If you press Up again the selection comes back to Audio.  Strange...

-John

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 08:13:19 pm »

ctrl + a is not working in any of the search\pick files to show boxes.

JONCAT

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 10:44:14 pm »

1. MC install can not close MC; possibly because media server running, install fails.

2. I have changed cd-rom drives multiple times during MC12 dev. & Advanced CD options never reports the correct info for a while. Rebooted multiple times and I am showing my old NEC burner as drive D: and drive E: (one of the Lite-Ons below) has no label.

3. Theater View thumbnails missing even after rebuild (set to Normal so thumbs are visible size font is huge under thumbs...weird)

EDIT: see below how old/incorrect drives listed under Ripping whereas Burning drives reflect current actual drives.

DC

Media Center 12.0.110 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 2469 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 387 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.3790.1830 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0002)

Ripping /   Drive D: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3520AW  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive O: LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-1635S   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-716AL    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive E: LITE-ON  SOHW-1673SU        Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive O: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHW-1635S    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2006, 12:56:47 am »

I tried to record this WMA stream:
mms://wm2.xs4all.nl/streamgate46
I scheduled 5 munites with 'start now' option.
It created a file 0f 5kB. Playing this shows some buffering. After that it ends.

So something is wrong ....
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 01:27:20 am »

I'm seeing this too.  It happens with plain vanilla MPEG-2 Program Stream files. (Is that what DVR-MS files are, or are they encrypted too?)

No that's exactly what they are so it doesn't surprise me that it's happening with MPEG-2 Prog Streams as well.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

PDP8User

• Recent member
  • I may be old but I don't remember being senile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2006, 06:48:43 am »

Problem with CD Labeler (both Label Wizard & Label Editor):

If an album name has a colon (":"), the labeler crashes and gives this window:

It's not new with 12.0, it also occurs in 11.

Brian
Brian

craft

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2006, 07:20:47 am »

Don't know really if this is a bug, but MC seems to keep tagging my audio files as explicit content on my iPod. Or at least iTunes is reading files transferred from MC12 to iPod as explicit. Whereas this is not the case with MC11

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2006, 09:39:15 am »

"picture show" 3D vizualisation is not rotating images correctly. They're all being shown 'landscape' style.

lOth

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2006, 12:00:32 pm »

I tried this one: mms://vip1.yacast.fr/encoderfranceinter/

and it didn't work.

Turns out that, although a radio stream, it's a .wmv file. Any hope we could get those to record as well?

sdgrizdan

• Galactic Citizen
  • The body cannot live without the mind
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2006, 12:21:04 pm »

Under Video Playback settings window, the 'Ok' and 'Cancel' buttons do the same thing (in other words, the 'Cancel' does not work...try changing the hue and press cancel, does not cancel the changes)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2006, 02:26:51 pm »

I tried this one: mms://vip1.yacast.fr/encoderfranceinter/

and it didn't work.

Turns out that, although a radio stream, it's a .wmv file. Any hope we could get those to record as well?

Only audio mms:// streams will work.  Any http:// stream should work.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lOth

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2006, 02:38:23 pm »

Only audio mms:// streams will work.  Any http:// stream should work.

It is an audio stream. I don't know why they use .wmv as there's no video at all in there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up