INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.113  (Read 4389 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 12.0.113
« on: November 14, 2006, 04:22:17 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120113.exe

12.0.113 (11/14/06)

1. NEW: Internal volume control is available for DX video player and DVD player (may not work for all sound cards, but should work for most).
2. Fixed: MC hang when stopping video player while FF/REWing.
3. Changed: Filter selection is allowed for Windows Media types (transform filters, i.e. decoders only - the source filter will always be WM Asf Reader).
4. Changed: Changing debug logging options doesn't require restart of Media Center.
5. Fixed: Some long or international filenames would not work properly over Library Server.
6. NEW: Revised how menu alpha works so text isn't alphed, background is blurred, and it won't cause issues with VNC, etc.
7. Changed: Reworked how MIME types are handled for Podcasting and sharing plugins. (hopefully transparent, but please report any issues)
8. Fixed: Empty thumbnail list in vista fixed.
9. Fixed: RAW Image cache files could be deleted in certain situations.

12.0.112 (11/13/06)

1. Fixed: Find albums in gallery uploader updates the list with "Title: %s  (Album: %s)"
2. Changed: Removed Media Jukebox 8 library upgrader. ( it's best to reimport when coming from MJ 8 )
3. Changed: Right-click option on Playlists in the tree "Create Stock Smartlists" will also (re)create Top Hits and Recently Played if they were deleted.
4. Fixed: Page Up / Page Down work more logically in Theater View.
5. Changed: Main navigation tree uses tree-style keyboard navigation. (instead of list-style navigation proposed in build 111)
6. Fixed: Mouse-wheeling over the volume slider with the mouse perfectly still and playback stopped would leave "Volume xx%" stuck in the player area.
7. Fixed: iPod database corruption introduced in build 12.0.111.
8. Changed: Stock smartlists (like Top Hits and Recently Played) work correctly after being renamed or moved. (pick Tree > Right-Click > Playlists > Create Stock Smartlists to recreate missing playlists)
9. Changed: When rotating an image that's playing using the right-click menu or toolbar button, the playback display now updated immediately.
10. Fixed: Command line TreePath=... didn't work properly when firing while MC wasn't running.
11. Fixed: IPTC 'Date Created' Tag gets properly imported (mapped to Date field).
12. Changed: Ctrl+Right Arrow / Ctrl+Left Arrow change playback rate (fast forward/rewind) in DX video player, just as in DVD and TV.

12.0.111 (11/10/06)

1. Changed: Display uses a black background color when in display view, theater view, or detached mode. (still uses skin color when in Standard or Mini View)
2. Changed: When scheduling a task, the start time is disabled when the "Now" checkbox is marked.
3. Changed: Tree keyboard navigation up / down caps at the ends. (instead of selecting none when pressing up at the top)
4. Fixed: Image and Video web media views wouldn't properly keep their tree selection.
5. Changed: Revised how up, down, left, and right navigate the tree to be more logical. (use space bar to toggle expansion)
6. Changed: Theater View list menus stretch across the entire item again. (instead of stopping in some cases)
7. Changed: Theater View webpage views don't show "Display View" and "Play All" buttons.
8. Changed: Opening the Burn or Handheld action window no longer sometimes jumps to "Audio". (was done to make "Drop files here" obvious, but jump logic was too elaborate to be helpful)
9. Fixed: Missing CDA files queued for burning to an audio CD wouldn't be properly handled. (burning would start and fail in the middle)
10. Changed: After cancelling a burn, the sequence and disc number columns wouldn't disappear from the CD view.
11. Changed: Library Server adds a custom HTTP server.
12. Fixed: The CD Labeler could crash when dealing with an album name that had an invalid file system character in it.
13. Fixed: Album list no longer sorts in the gallery upload.

12.0.110 (11/9/06)

1. Changed: When ejecting a CD during YADB data entry, another CD information entry boxes could appear at the same time.
2. Changed: When viewing a CD, the UI won't stop painting if the YADB lookup / submit dialog boxes are shown.
3. Changed: Revised how shortcut creation is handled during an upgrade install when choosing "Custom". (so that if you check a box to create a shortcut, it always will)
4. Fixed: Folder watching didn't nicely handle when a folder would fail to watch. (because it was missing, etc.)
5. Changed: Added logging to Auto-Import folder watching to assist with finding problems.
6. Fixed: Some PocketPC's did not reliably show up when connecting while Media Center was running.
7. Optimized: Further improvements to program load speed.
8. NEW: Added ability to add a "Zones" button to the toolbar.
9. Changed: The "Locate" right-click command better handles all media types.
10. Fixed: The "Automatic based on current playlist" Replay Gain adjustment would incorrectly jump to "0" when unananlzyed files were in the playlist.
11. NEW: Max height and max width settings for menalto gallery upload.
12. NEW: Mildly friendlier album picklist for menalto gallery upload.
13. NEW: Mildly more ui feedback from gallery upload.
14. Changed: Unimported files now use the track replay gain for the album gain. (instead of having a blank album gain)
15. Changed: Revised URL-shortening system for online video playback. (please try playing Google Video videos in the player from Video > Google Video in the tree)
16. NEW: WMA streams can be scheduled for recording.
17. NEW: Added convert to Jpeg option for gallery upload.
18. Changed: Only attempts to upload mediatype images to gallery.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.113
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2006, 05:08:00 pm »

6. NEW: Revised how menu alpha works so text isn't alphed, background is blurred, and it won't cause issues with VNC, etc.

What does this pertain to?  Does this only effect transparent menus?

Thanks,

Larry

matthewmattical

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 05:22:49 pm »

8. Fixed: Empty thumbnail list in vista fixed.

Thank you very much!

Berto

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 06:20:49 pm »

Thank you very much!

That goes for me too. That was the only big issue for me when running MC in Windows Vista.
A day without laughing is a day without living

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 08:40:52 pm »

Nice, frosty menus. 8)  I know it's difficult, but if there was a way to apply this to the files at bottom, now would be the time.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2006, 10:00:09 pm »

Small bug: clearly the blurred background for menus is calculated before a redraw takes effect, so the blurred background actually shows whatever was there before.

See this picture, before: http://www.villamil.org/images/Shot0001.jpg

And this one, after: http://www.villamil.org/images/Shot0002.jpg

Note how the context menu shows a blurred image of what was there *before* the selection took effect.

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2006, 10:09:14 pm »

Small bug: clearly the blurred background for menus is calculated before a redraw takes effect, so the blurred background actually shows whatever was there before.

Note how the context menu shows a blurred image of what was there *before* the selection took effect.

I can confirm this.  Even so, I much prefer this effect to the old one.

-John

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2006, 10:14:56 pm »

I can confirm this as well.  The out of focus image is always one step behind.

Larry

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 12:23:16 am »

I am using a negative skin effect, and this looks awfull to be honest.
It is just harder to read.
I (very much) prefer 'non see through menu's'.
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2006, 01:12:33 am »

Video's are re-tranferring across in every sync to Ipod. These videos are tagged with Music Video in the Media_Sub_type field.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2006, 02:03:31 am »

Video's are re-tranferring across in every sync to Ipod. These videos are tagged with Music Video in the Media_Sub_type field.

I'm not seeing this with mp4 files.  What file types are you seeing this on?

Larry

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2006, 04:12:02 am »

MP2 audio files

MC's internal MPEG 1 Layer 2/3 decoder can handle these perfectly fine including tagging, but the ".mp2" extension (MPEG 1 Layer 2 format) is not correctly associated with MC's decoder.

If I manually change the ".mp2" extension to ".mp3" before importing MC handles the file correctly.

BillT has encountered the same problem:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=31610.msg217257#msg217257

Format info from a test file (filename: MP2 Test File.mp3)
MPEG-1 Layer 2
384 Kbit CBR
44.1 Khz Stereo

Copyrighted: No
Original: No
Protected by CRC: No
Gapless: No

ID3v1 Tag: (128 bytes)
   Name: MP2 Test File
   Artist:
   Album:
   Year:
   Comment:
   Track #: 0
   Genre: undefined (255)

ID3v2.3 Tag: (533 bytes)
  TIT2 (Title): MP2 Test File
  TBPM (BPM (beats per min..): 100
  COMM (Comments):
  COMM (Tool Name): Media Center
  COMM (Tool Version): 12.0.113
  COMM (Peak Level): 0,96481
  COMM (Replay Gain): -2,7494800000000001
  COMM (Intensity): 1

Actually, all MPEG extensions should be checked. I have already done some of the needed ground research for you:

MC has currently these MPEG file associations (besides the MP3 and MP4 variants):
mpa, mpga, mp2, mpeg, mpg, m1v, mpv, mpe, m2v

I have Steinberg's Wavelab 5 (a pro audio editor). It has an MPEG-1 Layer 2 encoder.
The offered file extension options are: mp2, mpa, mpg, mus

I remember now that I have previously changed the Media Type of my MP2 audio files because MC imported them as video. Afterall, I think the best system would be this:

mpg, mpeg, m1v, m2v, mpe, mpv, m2p, mpv2, mp2v, mpeg2  => Video

mp2, mpa, mpga, mp2a  => Audio  (use the internal MPEG audio decoder)

mp1 => Audio  (I don't have any files in Layer 1 format, so I don't know if these work)

"mus" is used by the well-known Finale notation software for its proprietary format and I have never seen a .mus MPEG audio file so I guess it is not needed.

EDIT: Added m2p, it is used by Canopus for MPEG2 videos.

EDIT2: Added more extensions. The oldest MPEG-1 layer 1 audio format uses mp1. Sometimes the mp2a (MPEG-1 layer 2 audio), mpv2, mp2v and mpeg2 (MPEG-2 video) extensions are used too.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2006, 04:18:30 am »

Thats a bit clever that is, like that  :)

Marty3d

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2006, 09:10:29 am »

I liike! Much easier to distinguish the menus now! Thank you!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 09:13:45 am »

I liike! Much easier to distinguish the menus now! Thank you!

I'm just the opposite.  I greatly preferred the "old way" of skin transparency.  It was easy to disable, and it was actually, really, transparent.

It looked nice when you wanted it, and if you didn't (due to VNC or something), you could turn it off.  Perhaps a different special "Alpha" setting in the skin that enables the blur mode or something, but as is, I'd much rather have the old method back.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Marty3d

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2006, 10:07:11 am »

When choosing selecting a folder or a bunch of files, then Play from Explorer, MC add those files to the bottom of current PN, but does not start at the first added file

Example:
Play from context menu:
File1
File2
File3
File4
File5

Result:
Playing now:
OldFile1
OldFile2
OldFile3
OldFile4
File1
File2
> File3
File4
File5

Hope you understand, otherwise just try it and you'll see. Btw, I'm in shuffle mode.

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 11:18:53 am »

I'm not seeing this with mp4 files.  What file types are you seeing this on?

Larry

mp4 video files... I'm wondering if its something to do with the Media_Subtype field as all my videos have been tagged as music videos. Before this feature it was fine...

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 12:40:21 pm »

x.  Using [disc #] in thumbnail text does not work
http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=discgoneuj4.png

(In that view I could use [Name] which works(Which I still believe is wrong), but
the effect is global anyhow, where ever you use [disc #] nothing comes up?)
x. There's no hover state for the close button in Frame Windows
x. The following causes a button to remain in the mouse down state even tho the mouse button is no longer down in a Frame Window:
> Click Button
> Move mouse away from button without releasing click
> Once away from button release click
x.  In Display view when Maximized there is no minimize button.
When in windowed display view there is a minimize button,
surely either it has one or it doesn't?
x. When Message Boxes come up the State of buttons is already
in the mouse over state, even though the mouse has never gone over them.

pank2002

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 01:40:09 pm »

Bug concerning MC video or streaming engine.

MC can’t playback the live feed from Africa. Url: http://live.wildlife.wavelit.net/451OK
WMP can.
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk

eba

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2006, 03:22:11 pm »

When adding files to a CD burn list, when you go over the limit of the CD, it automatically goes onto seperate discs without warning you, with the time shown staying the same.
i.e.
17 files - 77 mins - Time remaining: 02:49
[Add Track]
18 files - 77 mins - Time remaining: 02:49

Adding further tracks that are already on the first disc appears to make them go onto the second disc only, reducing the time on the first disc - so if you put two copies of everything on, it puts everything but the first track onto Disc 2.

Reminder of a couple of bugs posted earlier:
The Image (large thumbnail) assumes that albums with the same name (eg. Greatest Hits/Best of) are the same album, so you only see one picture in that column for multiple albums

If you are using Panes view scheme, but viewing Thumbnails rather than details, it doesn't allow you to rename items - this is particularly awkward for pictures or video.

Messiahs

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2006, 03:40:31 pm »

Changed: Library Server adds a custom HTTP server.
What does that mean ?

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2006, 03:54:42 pm »

mp4 video files... I'm wondering if its something to do with the Media_Subtype field as all my videos have been tagged as music videos. Before this feature it was fine...

OK, I can confirm that this is a bug that affects videos tagged in the Media Sub type field (possibly as Music Videos only??)

I have changed the field of one of these to the empty string and synced. This video now stays on the iPod. Changing it back to a Music Video causes it to re-sync every time.

Hope this helps in squashing the bug!

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2006, 04:02:05 pm »

What does that mean ?

Ooops. Typo, should read:

Changed: Library Server adds a custom HTTP server header.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up