INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't Transfer MP3 Files to Nano  (Read 1601 times)

dpippel

• World Citizen
Can't Transfer MP3 Files to Nano
« on: November 22, 2006, 06:03:49 am »

Make sure under handheld options > Files & Paths > Supported Types that 'flac' is listed.

I'm bumping this guys. I'm running 12.0.118 and "Files & Paths" is NOT listed under Options -> Handheld. I'm trying to transfer MP3's to an iPod Nano over a network connection from MC12 running as a Library Server to the Nano plugged into another machine running a separate copy of 12.0.118. I get "Filetype not supported" for every MP3 file in the Queue. What am I doing wrong?

SwellGuy

Re: Can't Transfer MP3 Files to Nano
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2006, 09:13:34 am »

Files & Paths options aren't available for iPods. It sounds like you need to run Tools > Options > Handheld > Redetect All Devices...

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2006, 09:32:57 am »

Thanks for the response. I've done a re-detect but the problem remains. Could this have something to with the fact that I'm trying to copy the files to the Nano via Library Server from another machine on my network? In other words, the library is being made available via port 80 on Machine #1 and I'm actually connecting the Nano to Machine #2, which is accessing that library via the server on Machine #1. Both systems are running 12.0.118. FYI, I can *play* any file within MC on Machine #2 from the shared library on Machine #1. I just can't get them onto the iPod.

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2006, 10:51:29 am »

I missed that detail entirely. We don't allow synching/transfer of remote files.

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2006, 05:25:41 pm »

I missed that detail entirely. We don't allow synching/transfer of remote files.

:(

May I ask why not?

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2006, 10:07:45 pm »

This has been gone over a lot already (mainly in the MC 11 forums I think).

Library Server is currently a largely read only service (I think only play stats get returned from the client to the server)

If JRiver allowed this to happen, people could connect to someones elses library and copy their files straight to their local device, which is pretty much facilitating pirating of copyright material.

They don't want to be seen to be connected with that sort of activity do they?

If you try using the shared library technique (use search in this forum), you could do that. That's how my wife get's files onto her ipod from the same library I use to get em onto mine...

hope this helps...
Cheers
Rob

dpippel

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2006, 11:11:46 pm »

<sigh>

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 03:38:26 am »

Library Server is currently a largely read only service (I think only play stats get returned from the client to the server)

A small correction: Nothing gets returned. The server maintains play stats. It counts the served files.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Robert Taylor

• Living in a Smokeless Zone...
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 03:47:30 pm »

Ahh...of course..I shoulda realised that...
Cheers
Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up