INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater View play button changed  (Read 1572 times)

Marty3d

• Citizen of the Universe
Theater View play button changed
« on: November 23, 2006, 05:17:18 pm »

I was so happy when the play button played the selected file, think it was in build 116 or perhaps earlier. But now, when you have a bunch of files listed and press Play on the remote, all those files are added and played.

Could this be changed back please? There are already a menu item for that, even a popup menu!

Thanks!

raym

• MC Beta Team
Re: Theater View play button changed
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 08:50:25 pm »

Do you mean Play (Ctrl+P) used to function like "Add" for the selected item? Wow! This would be great!! I never knew it was there but geez I'm sorry to see it go...
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 10:19:32 pm »

It didnt clear playing now?

There are already a menu item for that, even a popup menu

I got to agree with you, on that one.

Marty3d

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 05:48:39 am »

I use Theater View mostly for Video.. So for comparing the two methods:

Good one:
1. Go to Video > Movies (customized field)
2. Highlight one movie
3. Press play btn on remote
Result: The highlighted file is played. If an album/playlist/single file is selected, that album/playlist/single file is added and played

Bad one (current):
1. Go to Video > Movies (customized field)
2. Highlight one movie
3. Press play btn on remote
Result: All files in the list are added and played :( To play just that selected item, you now have to open the popup menu, click "select", go to menu item "Play all".

Doesn't really make sense why you have to do that...

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 09:54:21 am »

To play just that selected item, you now have to open the popup menu, click "select", go to menu item "Play all".

Not entirely true... Open the popup menu and press "Add". This will do it for you also. I'm not disagreeing with you though. It's far more difficult than it should be.
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 12:21:44 pm »

I use Theater View mostly for Video.. So for comparing the two methods:

I too use Theater View mostly for Video.  I feel exactly the opposite about the way it should (and does) work though!  I like it exactly the way it does work (and this was discussed at length in older threads if you search for it).

First of all, some of my movies are divided up into multiple pieces so that they can be burned onto CDs.  When the first piece is over, I need it to go on automatically to play the next piece in the list.  If the play functionality was changed, there would be no way to do this.

More importantly though (since those movies are somewhat few and far between as I now burn onto DVD-Rs), are TV Show episodes.  I have a lot of these, and changing it so that Play only played one file would screw me all up.  As it is, I can navigate in my TV Show View scheme and find the series and season that I want to watch, which lists all the individual episodes.  Then, I can navigate to the first one that I haven't yet watched (not the first one in the season, as I'm probably part-way through), and hit Play.  When the that episode is finished playing, it automatically starts the next episode and so on and so forth until I (or my wife) say "I watch way too much TV" and stop it.

Again, if it were changed, there would be no way to accomplish this other than playing the entire season from the first show (selecting the "album" and hitting play) and then manually skipping ahead through what could be 20 episodes to find the one you want.  Not really workable.  Remember, you can do it the way you want by two extra button pushes (menu-key -- Down-Arrow -- Add).

I think, and we came to the same conclusion in the older threads where this was discussed, that the ideal solution would be either:

a) have Theater View's Play command obey the Options --> General --> Double-Click setting.

b) have Theater View have it's own option under Options --> Theater View --> Play Behavior that gives you similar choices to what is offered under the above mentioned option.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up