INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: upnp server with pioneer plasma?  (Read 2051 times)

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
upnp server with pioneer plasma?
« on: November 26, 2006, 09:53:34 am »

Anyone else trying to use MC11 with a Pioneer 1140HD plasma display?  This TV has a DLNA (upnp) client built into it.  Plug in an ethernet cable and you've got a client built right into the screen. 

The upnp server in MC11 doesn't seem to know what kind of client is connecting.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: upnp server with pioneer plasma?
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 01:45:55 pm »

Is it working? Have you tried different options?

j

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 07:31:17 am »

It does not work properly.

For example, if I browse to Disk Location and descend into a network share it doesn't work.  I can browse into F:\some\set\of\folders but if I try going into \\server\share\some\set\of\folders it fails.  It gets stuck in an infinite loop.  Instead of showing the \share part it shows three children; Audio, Images, Video.  If I descend into "Audio" it shows the same set again.  Likewise all the way down. 

The log shows this error too.  When I drill down into a local drive letter it shows up properly:
11/28/06 08:10:47 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 344(Audio\Disk Location\F:\home\media\work)

When I drill down into a UNC it shows:
11/28/06 08:11:35 - Browse BrowseDirectChildren 347(Audio\Disk Location\\\servername\Audio\Audio\Audio)

It's somehow looping itself instead of following the actual pathnames.  Seeing as I have nearly EVERYTHING on a network share this makes it useless for me.

This is among MANY errors I'm getting when trying to use the Pioneer client.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 11:32:19 am »

There's a pretty big issue with the "Disk Location" part of the tree, we're working on it (thanks for finding it).

Until we can get something in place for that, don't use the Disk Location, and let me know how it goes and any other problems you find.

j

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 09:35:11 pm »

Ok, hopefully it'll see progress soon.  I've got a ton of pictures already arranged by folders.  And it's extremely time consuming to have MC11 deal with applying tags for genre, people, place and the like onto over 15k pictures. 

Can you recommend a PC-based upnp client?  I want to make sure whatever problems I run across when using the plasma can be duplicated on another client.  It doesn't have to be 'feature rich' just capable of being a fallback for testing.

I'm a little bugged by how it decides what to put in parts of the tree.  It seems like it's pulling up more from folders than I want.  But I'll have to fiddle with this some more to be sure. 

How does it create thumbnails for a folder of images?  Is there a particular file it's looking to find?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 10:01:24 am »

Intel makes an SDK, google should tell you where it is.

I don't understand the thumbnail question: do you mean thumbnails that are sent to the UPnP device or in general?

j

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2006, 03:22:05 pm »

Disk Location issue is fixed in the next build (123 or higher)

j

Bill Kearney

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2006, 11:32:10 am »

Thumbnails seen on the upnp client.  That is, when looking into Images, is it possible for a picture to be shown on a folder?  Either pulled from a specifically named file or one calculated a la XP's file explorer.

I'll dig around for Intel's SDK, thanks for the suggestion.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2006, 10:06:11 am »

At the moment, we don't do thumbnails, sorry. I'll look at it when I get a chance.

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up