INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.123  (Read 7116 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 12.0.123
« on: December 01, 2006, 04:23:18 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120123.exe

12.0.123 (12/01/06)

1. Fixed: Returning from fullscreen display could shift the focus to a different view in a split view configuration.
2. Fixed: Web radio stations that didn't provide a proper MIME type wouldn't play.
3. Changed: Added zone information and playerstate changes to automation event notifications.
4. Fixed: UPnP (and other SDK users) would not work on view schemes with items that had a backslash in their name.
5. NEW: Revised the look-n-feel of the options tree used throughout options.
6. Fixed: Some html gallery creation bugs.
7. New: FTP uploader added to html gallery creator.

12.0.122 (11/30/06)

1. NEW: Video conversion is supported for handheld transfers. (currently only supports conversion to WMV) (experimental -- may not remain)
2. Fixed: Switching TV channels sometimes would unload and reload TV engine.
3. Fixed: Auto-import wasn't reconciling the disk and database at program startup. (introduced in 121)
4. Changed: Revised Theater View rubber-banding of list items to snap items to their final location so there won't be a final shift of one pixel a few seconds later.
5. Fixed: Scrollbar in Tag > Format page wouldn't always work.
6. Changed: Darkened disabled menu color text of Noire skin.
7. NEW: Combobox look-n-feel is completely determined by the skin instead of using Windows borders. (please report any droplist / combobox strageness)
8. Changed: Added more combobox skin items for background, arrow sizing, etc. (see Noire for an example)
9. NEW: Tab controls support over text color and selected text color for skinning. (see Noire for an example)
10. NEW: An HTML Gallery Generator has been added to "send to."  (Sad little template exists under "DATA\HTML Gallery."  More work to be done on the template.)  Upload to be added.

12.0.121 (11/29/06)

1. NEW: Recent right-click commands and send to commands are remembered between sessions.
2. NEW: Theater View sizing and layout better accounts for varying aspect ratios. (widescreen, etc.)
3. Changed: In video and DVD player unconnected filters are removed from filter graph to avoid complications.
4. Fixed: Canceling a transcoding data burn was not working correctly.
5. Fixed: Disc capacity for transcoded data burns was still not calculated correctly in some cases.
6. Changed: Recent Playing Now playlists show in the tree immediately instead of after a view refresh.
7. Optimized: Improved tree building / refresh speed.
8. Changed: Navigation tree did not support Page Up / Page Down keys.
9. Fixed: Scrolling in the tree while renaming an item didn't cancel the edit.
10. Fixed: In certain cases, image playback could start with the last image instead of the first image in a list.
11. Changed: List skinning supports "HotSelectedText" color.
12. Changed: Scrollbar skinning supports 4 states for the scrollbar background.
13. Fixed: Clicking on the player area while in display view would steal the focus from the display, making keyboard shortcuts stop working.
14. NEW: URL filetypes are determined by the mime-type provided by the server. (NOTE: the usage of ~~~stream~~~.mp3, etc. is now obsolete -- only enter the URL in the Open URL dialog)
15. Fixed: In rare cases, switching skins while playing music could cause a crash.
16. Fixed: Previously scheduled events wouldn't run until the "Scheduler" was visited once in the tree.
17. Changed: Album analyzer works better when dealing with multi-disc sets. (where the disc number is set)
18. Changed: Added "track change" notification to the automation event mechanism.
19. Changed: Updated height, width, and dimensions to also be available for video files.

12.0.120 (11/27/06)

1. NEW: JRSS surround sound processing is optional when converting 2 channel audio to 4 or 5.1 channel audio.
2. NEW: Subwoofer cutoff frequency is customizable when converting 2 channel audio to 5.1 sound.
3. NEW: Equalizer works with 4 channel, 5.1 channel, etc. audio sources.
4. NEW: Equalizer equalizes each channel in a separate thread (improves performance on HT and multi-core machines)
5. NEW: DSP "Effects" works with 4, 5.1, etc. channel sources. (unlike equalizer, effects only apply to main left and right channels)
6. Fixed: If "update from cd database" was selected for a CD and no matches were found or user canceled, existing tag values were still getting wiped out.
7. Fixed: Playing a flv video directly from YouTube or Google Video would not work unless the user has previously played a local flv file.
8. Fixed: The selected 3D visualization could revert to "Picture Terrain" in some cases.
9. Fixed: Temporarily disabled writing out IPTC headers to prevent problems when loading jpeg files in PhotoShop.

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
Re: Media Center 12.0.123
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2006, 05:55:09 pm »

The new Options trees look.... off somehow. The combobox arrows look more oblong than round, and the currently selected checkbox looks funky the way the highlighting is...

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2006, 11:17:34 pm »

Just to follow up on my report from the 122 thread, the problem with theater view lists "twitching" after the scroll stops remains on one of my systems, and on another system the text looks really bad if it's set to 1024x768 for the full screen display.  Both issues make using Theater View rather unacceptable -- i.e. you can "read" it, but it either twitches or looks bad.  I don't see this sort of thing with ANY other program on any of my systems.

Please see this thread for more details:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36880.0

Thanks,

Larry

matshif

« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2006, 02:36:35 am »

The new Options trees look.... off somehow. The combobox arrows look more oblong than round, and the currently selected checkbox looks funky the way the highlighting is...

Agree

Mats

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2006, 04:45:47 am »

--------
GUI interaction (Noire skin)
Action window and dialogue buttons have no 'mouse down' state, so they don't appear to respond when clicked upon. (try the rename from props dialogue)
--------
3D Visualizations
"picture show" and "picture cube" 3D vizualisations are not rotating images correctly. They're all being shown 'landscape' style.
When not using the 3D display options, right click > Set Display > 3D vizualisations > preset. No matter which preset is clicked on, the display starts with the preset used the last time the 3D vizualisations were used.
--------
aquire from scanner
Using Image > get from scanner launches the scanners' TWAIN software (Epson Scan in my case) if I cancel that scanning job and return to MC, the tag window has broken in the following way:

There is now no right click menu available from the image display. Close the image display. It won't open again.
The tag window allows a field to go into 'edit' mode when it's clicked on, but the enter, escape and tab keys do not work.
Close the tag window, and I find I cannot open it again.
If I then play some images, MC jumps to display view, and there's no mouse, no interface, and no right click menu. Ctrl + 1 got me back to standard view.
Restarting MC is the only way I've found to restore normality.
--------
auto-size columns
auto size columns with allow auto size to cut off long values active is too agressive.
This can be seen best in the track # field, where it's more often than not, not allowing double figures to be displayed.
Also, I've got 1680 pixels of width to play with, but MC still cuts the columns to the bone leaving plenty of empty space to the right of the list pane. It would be nice if MC could make efficient use of all the available real estate.
--------
expression editor
I knocked up an expression using six nested if() statements. Each statement starts a new line, the second last line is what to output if all else fails (Downloaded), and the last line contains the six closing brackets. The pane looks like so:

moving the closing brackets up onto the preceding line fixes the little squares.
please, please, please can we have access to the editor in other places that accept expressions too? Discusion
--------
'Tag' Action Window
(Panes view, Tagging mode: On) Select an image, open the [people] tag in the AW and tick a person. Keep the file selection and leave the AW as it is, and now tick a different tag in a pane. Notice the previously tagged people in the AW gets cleared. I'm guessing that this is because the tick in the AW is not committed untill either the selection changes, or the AW is closed, and tagging in the pane before one of those events causes a refresh, which clears the selected tag in the AW. I'm just training myself not to do this, but, it has to be said, finding that little close button in the AW is a definate speed bump in the workflow when trying to fly through some quick tagging tasks.
--------
Camera (aquire)
.avi files are not being aquired from the camera. (Discuss?)
MC is not able to determine how many files it's aquiring, merely stating "image 1 of ??". Elements and, IIRC, windows, are both able to present this information.
--------
photos on an ipod 5G v1.1.2 set to convert to 640 x 480 on transfer
Hokay, sussed this one. Photos appear to sort by filename on the ipod, which for the most part, keeps them nicely chronologically ordered, but, if the album contains photos taken across an entire day, for some reason, it moves all photos taken in the morning to the end of the slideshow, so, why does it do that, and is there anything us users can do to exercise control over this? (Discuss?)
--------
Wishes
  • Please can we have access to saved sorting presets from "customise current view" in the drop-down 'sort' menu in the view headers
  • hopefully, these tag window tweaks are still on the list.
  • An "Apply" button for the 'Edit/Add View Scheme' dialogue. (Discuss?)
  • Expressions in the 'base path' field of the rename from props tool. (Discuss?)
  • .tif file tag reading at a minimum, writing would be nice too if possible (Discuss?)
  • the ability to set a library field to be used as a caption for images and/or thumbnails when using the 'send to > web/ftp > create html' tool
  • thank you :)
  • I would like to be able to use a date expression in the aquire images general "path" option, and for the scanner, I'd like to be able to setup some incremental file naming rule
  • when playing both audio and images, the dislay's context menu has "send to... (currently playing track)" would love to see "send to... (currently displayed image)" on there too.
  • Navigational favourites could use a little spit and polish. (Discuss?)
--------

EpF

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2006, 06:24:56 am »

Including ranges in search expressions with an 'or' modifier overrides other searches, e.g;

[Rating]==1 or [Rating]=3-4

returns only ratings 3-4. (Same with "[Rating]=3-4 or [Rating]==1").

Some library fields which show up in viewschemes and searches are not available in 'Library & Folders' section of Options.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2006, 06:36:54 am »

Including ranges in search expressions with an 'or' modifier overrides other searches, e.g;

[Rating]==1 or [Rating]=3-4

returns only ratings 3-4. (Same with "[Rating]=3-4 or [Rating]==1").
If I create a smartlist using mt=audio r=1 or r=3-4 I get tracks rated 1,3 and 4 in the results. Is there anything else I should try to replicate what you are seeing?

drosene

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2006, 11:04:12 am »

The Wife and I are ripping LP's... The pain of doing so has gotten worse due to two new issues:

1.  The Recorder can no longer locate Tracks for the Artist and Album specified.  It does indeed find the Artist/Album in whatever database it is searching because there are often more than one choice available if you click the control at the right of the Album Found field or the Artist Found field (if Album is not specified), however no tracks are displayed.  Frankly this is only usefull if the LP has sizable gaps between tracks.  We usually end up using the Media Editor to split tracks from a side one and side 2 .wav file anyway.  Even when we have to resort to the Media Editor, It would be nice if one could get the track information  and TAGS and quickly create some 1 byte files that could be pasted into in the Media Editor.  Boy that would really save some time! Hint Hint!

2.  The Tag pane in the action window has a problem:  There are now four options for which tags you want to have access to in this pane:  Default Tags, Tags with Values, Tags in Current View and All Tags.  My default view includes among other things "Date"  yet this field will not display in the Tag pane unless I select the All Tags view.  Naturally when I am working with ripped LP's nearly all the columns start out blank (back to issue 1 above).  The problem may simply be due to the fact that the Tag pane has lost its scroll bar in all but the All Tags view.

Finally, while not too many people may be using it, the Recorder/Editor applets are really useful. They could however use a bit of attention to improve workflow.  Particularly the Editor, where one has to re-select the encoder to use for every file saved since the Save dialog always defaults to the file type of the source file you are editing.  In my case I am usually splitting up a .wav and I want to save everything as high VBR .mp3.  Yea, I know it should be lossless but my 500 GB drive is almost full already with music and video!

I could also get started on Theater View but I am resigned to using Windows Media Center on my HDTV until someone moves that portion of Media Center much further ahead. :(

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2006, 12:46:43 pm »

Since Action Window / Build Playlist / Edit Playing Now no longer exists, can we have the ability to show the Playing Now list in the Detached Display, perhaps as one of the Set Display options?

Also, if you click on Built Playlist, then back out, could you please make it so the now "orphaned" playlist is not left behind? (In trying to find Playing Now in the playlists I accumulated several of these stragglers that had to be deleted manually.)
. . . the game is rigged

Deivit

• I find your interest interesting...
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2006, 12:55:53 pm »

Since Action Window / Build Playlist / Edit Playing Now no longer exists, can we have the ability to show the Playing Now list in the Detached Display, perhaps as one of the Set Display options?

Don't know if this answers your question, but "Edit Playing Now" is still alive, though it has been moved to a right-click menu on the "Playing Now" branch of the tree,

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2006, 05:06:23 pm »

The Wife and I are ripping LP's... The pain of doing so has gotten worse due to two new issues:

2.  The Tag pane in the action window has a problem:  There are now four options for which tags you want to have access to in this pane:  Default Tags, Tags with Values, Tags in Current View and All Tags.  My default view includes among other things "Date"  yet this field will not display in the Tag pane unless I select the All Tags view.

The "Date" field actually ALWAYS shows in the TW (Tag Window) -- it's just that it displays at the TOP of the TW next to the image.  You can, however, make this tag ALSO display in the "list" section of the TW.  You can actually add ANY tags to the TW "list" by using the "Also Show" option, which at the bottom of the list where you choose the options you mentioned above.  Simply put a check next to any tags that you want to display in the list, and these will display along with the default set (which is based on the selection you make.)

The problem may simply be due to the fact that the Tag pane has lost its scroll bar in all but the All Tags view.

The scroll bar works in the other "default" views -- it just only displays when it's "needed" to display the entire TW.

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2006, 05:14:56 pm »

I'm seeing Theater View "font" issues like some of those described in threads a while back.  I'm seeing the same thing shown in this post:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=36169.msg246639#msg246639

It looks like this (thanks to NickM for posting this picture in the other thead):

It only appears this way, however, which I select 1024x768 (needed for TV display) and so far, I only see it on the system running a Geforce Ti4600.  My 6800 doesn't do this.

Thanks,

Larry

Craig

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2006, 06:54:12 pm »

3. Changed: Added zone information and playerstate changes to automation event notifications.

Thank you,

Time to play :-)

Craig
MC2Slim - Windows Shell and JRiver Media Center Integration for Squeezebox.

http://www.duff-zapp.co.uk

EpF

« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2006, 06:56:22 pm »

If I create a smartlist using mt=audio r=1 or r=3-4 I get tracks rated 1,3 and 4 in the results. Is there anything else I should try to replicate what you are seeing?
Yes! Create a viewscheme with [Rating]==1 or [Rating]=3-4 in the 'pick files to show' section, which has a rating field in the panes, and the rating pane will only show ratings 3-4, even though files with a rating of 1 will show up in the file-list.

I realise now that my description is misleading, because it's only in this specific instance that it occurs (that I have come across).

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2006, 09:43:57 pm »

I could also get started on Theater View but I am resigned to using Windows Media Center on my HDTV until someone moves that portion of Media Center much further ahead. :(

Perhaps it would be worthwhile starting a new thread and detailing what you mean. What specifically are you missing?
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2006, 02:37:36 am »

i have five new cue files and they are not imported or working when dropped in playing now with 12.0.123.  I installed 12.0.120, I was then able to import and play the five new cue files.  I then reinstalled 12.0.123 and I'm now able to play my new cue files MC early ignored. 

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2006, 06:25:59 am »

General Behaviour Options Bug in Theater View

General behaviour options are no longer being obeyed for "Jump on Play" and "Play Button" when in Theater View.

I have "Jump On Play" set to "None" yet Display View is always shown when I play something. This definately used to work ok but can't guarantee it started this build. Likewise, I have "Play Button" set to "Play Playing Now" yet it's playing visible files instead  >:(
Z-Wave Home Automation

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2006, 06:31:13 am »

EpF, confirmed, I see that here too.

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2006, 02:45:39 pm »

YADB Fail

I don't know if this is just me, but with the latest version (maybe no change from before)

1) I'm ripping a CD that is not in YADB - I fill in everything - manually entering all of the information
2) I say I'm done - it is then submitted to YADB
3) The YADB submission fails
4) It brings up the track listing - Everything I typed in is gone

This makes no sense to me.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2006, 04:20:07 pm »

Mr ChriZ's tiny(but growing) list of little Graphical/UI Issues
*  Using [disc #] in thumbnail text does not work
http://img88.imageshack.us/my.php?image=discgoneuj4.png
(In that view I could use [Name] which works(Which I still believe is wrong), but
the effect is global anyhow, where ever you use [disc #] nothing comes up?)
* There's no hover state for the close button in Frame Windows
* The following causes a button to remain in the mouse down state even tho the mouse button is no longer down in a Frame Window:

Click Button
Move mouse away from button without releasing click
Once away from button release click

*  In Display view when Maximized there is no minimize button.
When in windowed display view there is a minimize button,
surely either it has one or it doesn't?
*When you scroll rapidly using the mouse wheel the scrollbars move up further than they should do  then move back to the correct place. 
* When you hover the mouse over a column header on a file view, the column headers stay in the mouse over state until you hover the mouse over another column header.
* In Plug-In Manager Under the display plug-ins you can't hit the Go
button to go to the website.  It's disabled for no reason.   I think this covers many of the other non interface plugins as well.
* There's a layering issue in the Advanced CD Settings Dialogue
See Image http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/7789/layersprobne9.png
* The new tree options seems to have broken all skins except noire, in that the back selection
for an option just comes up with a colour now rather than an image.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2006, 05:12:54 pm »

* The new tree options seems to have broken all skins except noire, in that the back selection
for an option just comes up with a colour now rather than an image.

Could you clarify what this is referring to?  I can't seem to figure out what the "new tree options" are, so I'm not sure how to test what you're describing.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2006, 05:15:14 pm »

Forgive me if I'm missing something obvious, but where do I look for this?  What "combobox" arrows are you referring to?

Thanks,

Larry

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2006, 06:27:56 pm »

Whenever I try to sync my IPOD shuffle I get the error:

"None of the tracks can be transferred. Common errors include insufficient rights or unsupported file types. "

Transferring file manually is ok. I have rebuilt the IPOD db and forced a re-detect but this didn't help.
Z-Wave Home Automation

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 06:29:41 pm »

"None of the tracks can be transferred. Common errors include insufficient rights or unsupported file types. "

Transferring file manually is ok. I have rebuilt the IPOD db and forced a re-detect but this didn't help.

Did you try a re-initialize?

Larry

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 06:37:17 pm »

Did you try a re-initialize?

Larry

Yep.
Z-Wave Home Automation

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2006, 08:00:22 pm »

If the initialize did not work, did you try to update or restore your iPod? 

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2006, 08:18:05 pm »

If the initialize did not work, did you try to update or restore your iPod? 

Hmmm... I deleted my sync list and created a new one. This fixed the problem  :-\
Z-Wave Home Automation

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2006, 08:22:03 pm »

Hmmm... I deleted my sync list and created a new one. This fixed the problem  :-\

?  Not sure why that was required, but glad to got it fixed.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2006, 11:12:04 pm »

The modern day equivalent to slapping the top of a TV to get better reception.

Glad you got it working.

Larry

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2006, 03:12:00 am »

Could you clarify what this is referring to?  I can't seem to figure out what the "new tree options" are, so I'm not sure how to test what you're describing.

Thanks,

Larry

Truth be known I'm not 100% certain what it refers to, however if you go to Tools -> Options
and then select something in say Burning, it should have an image to represent somethings
selected. In 123 it doesn't, it remains unskinned, I presumed the two are related.

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2006, 04:42:41 pm »

Suport Media Center the Audio Path OpenAL ? or ist only Asio suported ?
Asio and OpenAL is the only way for Audio with direct Hardware Access with Windows Vista.
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2006, 06:42:36 pm »

Suport Media Center the Audio Path OpenAL ? or ist only Asio suported ?
Asio and OpenAL is the only way for Audio with direct Hardware Access with Windows Vista.

Media Center has very good ASIO support.

Output plugins can be chosen in Options > Playback > Audio
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2006, 06:49:36 pm »

I just downloaded 124, but right before I installed it I noticed that it had been pulled from the forum.  I take it that I should NOT install it, correct?

Thanks,

Larry

jgreen

« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2006, 09:44:46 pm »

When selecting several tags to edit, alternate values are no longer displayed; only the first, and no drop-down arrow.  For example:

Select three tracks to rename the "name" fields:  "Hey Joe (Live, Berkeley)", "Hey Joe (Live At Woodstock)", and "Hey Joe", all to the value "Hey Joe".  I can no longer scroll through the most likely answers to find "Hey Joe" by pressing the down arrow key (there is no down arrow key).  Did this feature go away?  If so, could we bring it back for a version or two so I could quickly rename all my "Hey Joes"?

FWIW, I have 14 different versions of "Hey Joe". 

dcwebman

« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2006, 10:19:50 pm »

This is for 124 which apparently was pulled but it probably applies for 123 also. The Customize menu option is cut off because the menu is narrow for some reason. There is plenty of room for the menu to be wider.
Jeff

gappie

« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2006, 01:36:29 am »

i downloaded and installed 124 yesterday evening. i just see it is taken away. it wont eat my hd, right.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2006, 05:57:39 am »

12.0.123 and 12.0.124

Still Crashes when Importing

I Also Cleared The Library And Started From Scratch And MC Crashed.

This Was When Importing 240,000+ Or So Files, MC12 Crashed Two Times.

Restarted MC After Crash And MC Finally Finished.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2006, 06:46:46 am »

Still Crashes when Importing
Are you using any Directshow filters?

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2006, 06:50:45 am »

Sorry to ask a potentially "dumb" question, but could you please explain this for me??

Thanks
Richard

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2006, 11:11:48 am »

Are you using any Directshow filters?

I had All File Types Selected

I Needed:

wma, mpga, MP3, MP2, asf, avi, mov, mpg, swf,, jpg, jpeg, gif, bmp, xls, txt, rtf, pdf, mht, log, html, doc

There was 23 files media center could not or would not import. i kind of wish there was a easy way to maybe copy these files to a folder, so then i could figure out what is wrong. i did play with some of the files and they played fine in other applications.

Library now has 249266 files. Search and update took 2:30.

Imported 0 new files.
Failed to import 23 files.

0969391: Import: ImportNewFiles: Start
0969391: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\A\Audio Books\F\Four To Score {Janet Evanovich}\Janet Evanovich - Four To Score 115 - 167.mp3
0969407: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969407: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\A\Audio Books\T\Treason {Anne Coulter}\TR_140-151 - Treason.mp3
0969407: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969407: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\A\Audio Books\T\Treatment, the {Mo Hayder}\TT05-11 - Mo Hayder - The Treatment.mp3
0969422: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969422: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\A\Audio Books\T\Treatment, the {Mo Hayder}\TT05-12 - Mo Hayder - The Treatment.mp3
0969422: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\A\Audio Books\W\Whisker Of Evil {Rita Mae Brown}\Rita Mae Brown - Whisker Of Evil - D04.16-17.mp3
0969422: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radio Show Images\A\Adventures of the Saint, the\Adventures of the Saint, the - Brighter Buccaneer5.jpg
0969438: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969438: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radio Show Images\A\Adventures of the Saint, the\Adventures of the Saint, the - Catch the Saint3.jpg
0969438: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969438: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radio Show Images\A\Adventures of the Saint, the\Adventures of the Saint, the - French Le Saint a Teneriffe.jpg
0969454: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969454: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radio Show Images\A\Adventures of the Saint, the\Adventures of the Saint, the - French Le Saint Au Far West.jpg
0969454: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radio Show Images\A\Adventures of the Saint, the\Adventures of the Saint, the - Poster Saint in New York2.jpg
0969454: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radio Show Images\A\Adventures of the Saint, the\Adventures of the Saint, the - Saint on the Spanish Main.gif
0969469: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969469: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radio Show Images\A\Adventures of the Saint, the\Adventures of the Saint, the - Saint Steps in.gif
0969469: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969485: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radio Show Images\U\Unknown\Unknown - French Le Saint Et Les Femmes.jpg
0969485: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969485: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radios\battery operated Model 237Q table radio (1935) made for remote isolated locations - It is one of only two models Atwater Kent built that run on 6 volts DC (b).gif
0969500: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969500: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radios\Manufactured in 1933 the Atwater Kent 310 is the same radio as the model 510 except for the cabinet (b).gif
0969500: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969500: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radios\Model 20C radio was manufactured in 1925 (d).gif
0969516: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969516: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radios\Model 20C radio was manufactured in 1925 (e).gif
0969516: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969516: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radios\Model 285 radio was manufactured in 1932 (b).gif
0969532: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969532: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radios\Model 52 radio was manufactured in 1928 and was painted clinkle brown (d).gif
0969547: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969547: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radios\Model 70 was manufactured in 1930. It came in both AC and DC powered models (b).gif
0969563: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969563: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radios\The Model 184 was manufactured in 1935. It had 4 tubes and was AC powered (b).gif
0969563: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969579: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\Free Sampler Files (Free Download For Members)\Radios\This handsome Model 812 is a 12-tube AC powered console that was manufactured in 1932 (b).gif
0969579: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add
0969579: Import: ImportNewFiles: Adding: E:\OTR-Files\L\Lum And Abner\380307-LumsMovieToBeginFilming.mp3
0969594: Import: ImportNewFiles:     Failed to analyze / add

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up