INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.128  (Read 3474 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 12.0.128
« on: December 07, 2006, 02:34:20 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120128.exe

12.0.128 (12/07/06)

1. Fixed: Starting TV by clicking "TV Tuner" tool button did not work.
2. Fixed: Skinning should now be enabled on the Web Gallery Creator.
3. Changed: HTML Gallery renamed Web Gallery.
4. Changed: Web Gallery counts start at 1 instead of 0.  (index and total)
5. Fixed: Seek works on TiVo.

12.0.127 (12/07/06)

1. NEW: New DVB-T digital TV channel scanning method. Australia and UK users please test.
2. Fixed: Cancel acquire camera images not working.
3. Changed: Acquire images from camera now includes 'avi' file types.
4. Fixed: iPod with 'DCIM' folder at the root was mistaken for a camera.
5. Fixed: The TiVo cache was being cleared too aggressively. This caused smartlist with a variable length (like the 100 random songs) to not play.
6. Fixed: Drop down menus would randomly appear way too "skinny".
7. Fixed: HTML gallery creator "remember password" check box state remembered.
8. Fixed: Tab stops on HTML gallery creator should make more sense.

12.0.125 (12/05/06)

1. Fixed: When a combobox was disabled, the inside of the box could draw a non-skin color.
2. Fixed: When an edit control switched from disabled to enabled, its border wouldn't always redraw properly.
3. Changed: Many dialogs were using an older dialog font that didn't support ClearType.
4. Fixed: Options tree image drop shadows were running together from one image to the next.
5. NEW: More areas of the program use the font chosen in Options > Tree & View.
6. NEW: Edit control borders are skinnable.
7. Fixed: The DSM-320 would not play videos.
8. Fixed: Restored writing out IPTC and fixed cases where PS2 would generate an error when trying to read new IPTC header from JPG files.

12.0.124 (12/04/06)

1. Changed: Wording for CD burn capacity did not fit nicely in standard window size.
2. Fixed: HTML Gallery threading fixed.
3. NEW: Remember password checkbox for the HTML Gallery.
4. Fixed: HTML Gallery output path was not getting updated if user used the browse button.
5. NEW: Reworked the "Encoding" options page.
6. Fixed: "Fill Properties From Filename" wasn't supporting translated field names.
7. Fixed: Parts of the options dialog would always use MS Sans font istead of the font chosen in Options.
8. Fixed: Menus were not using the font selected in options.
9. Fixed: Dragging and dropping tracks onto the audio CD burn action window was unduly slow.
10. Fixed: OSD of "Playing Channel n" would display nonsense text when playing a TV channel (using keypad) that is not among the list of previously scanned channels.
11. Changed: Streamlined how TV channels are handled in database.
12. Changed: TV engine is no longer unloaded and reloaded when playing a channel using keypad.
13. NEW: Reworked View Scheme component dialog. (combined expression and other types, automatically show when picking "Add Pane To Left", etc.)

12.0.123 (12/01/06)

1. Fixed: Returning from fullscreen display could shift the focus to a different view in a split view configuration.
2. Fixed: Web radio stations that didn't provide a proper MIME type wouldn't play.
3. Changed: Added zone information and playerstate changes to automation event notifications.
4. Fixed: UPnP (and other SDK users) would not work on view schemes with items that had a backslash in their name.
5. NEW: Revised the look-n-feel of the options tree used throughout options.
6. Fixed: Some html gallery creation bugs.
7. New: FTP uploader added to html gallery creator.

12.0.122 (11/30/06)

1. NEW: Video conversion is supported for handheld transfers. (currently only supports conversion to WMV) (experimental -- may not remain)
2. Fixed: Switching TV channels sometimes would unload and reload TV engine.
3. Fixed: Auto-import wasn't reconciling the disk and database at program startup. (introduced in 121)
4. Changed: Revised Theater View rubber-banding of list items to snap items to their final location so there won't be a final shift of one pixel a few seconds later.
5. Fixed: Scrollbar in Tag > Format page wouldn't always work.
6. Changed: Darkened disabled menu color text of Noire skin.
7. NEW: Combobox look-n-feel is completely determined by the skin instead of using Windows borders. (please report any droplist / combobox strageness)
8. Changed: Added more combobox skin items for background, arrow sizing, etc. (see Noire for an example)
9. NEW: Tab controls support over text color and selected text color for skinning. (see Noire for an example)
10. NEW: An HTML Gallery Generator has been added to "send to."  (Sad little template exists under "DATA\HTML Gallery."  More work to be done on the template.)  Upload to be added.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Media Center 12.0.128
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 02:43:22 pm »

6. Fixed: Drop down menus would randomly appear way too "skinny".

This (and this too) seem to be fixed on my system.  Good bug hunting!
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

matshif

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2006, 03:45:50 pm »

1. Fixed: Starting TV by clicking "TV Tuner" tool button did not work.
Thanks.

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2006, 03:49:34 pm »

1. NEW: New DVB-T digital TV channel scanning method. Australia and UK users please test.

Doesn't seem to work at all.

Using Hauppauge HVR-1100. It is detected fine, watching the composite input works fine, can watch tv fine in other apps.

Scanning says "Signal Strength: 0" and stops after a minute or so.

I asked it to log 'TV', but after doing stuff in the TV section the log file is still empty.

I'm a UK user.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2006, 04:07:46 pm »

Hm, that's not what I'm getting - for me, it sits there with "Please wait..." bouncing (Ok, slowly bouncing) back and forth, with below it "Scanning for available channels. 00% done". Signal strength is constantly at 0.

It's been doing that for about 15 minutes now, and I presume I'm going to have to stop the scan (since it's not changing from 00%!)

The device is apparently an AVerMedia Hybrid TV Tuner Card A16C.

I say 'apparently' because it's integrated into my Vaio Windows Media Center PC...

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2006, 04:11:06 pm »

I say 'apparently' because it's integrated into my Vaio Windows Media Center PC...
I don't think that's a DVB-T device.

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2006, 04:21:21 pm »

Woah! Extremely fast release!
Thin Right-click menu fixed!
No more TV tuner crashes so far!

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 04:47:48 pm »

I don't think that's a DVB-T device.

No, it is, really, honest.

It's only hybrid in that it's got analog and DVB-T. MC can already see the analog tuner, and it can see the DVB tuner too, it just isn't tuning it properly...

Because it was scanning at the time, I couldn't get to the description in MC, but MC reports it as:
AVerMedia BDA DVBT Tuner

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 04:50:33 pm »

Hm, that's not what I'm getting - for me, it says there with "Please wait..." bouncing (Ok, slowly bouncing) back and forth, with below it "Scanning for available channels. 00% done". Signal strength is constantly at 0.

It's been doing that for about 15 minutes now, and I presume I'm going to have to stop the scan (since it's not changing from 00%!)

Actually that's exactly what I'm getting. It only stopped after a minute once - I may have even clicked stop scan accidentally :P

Hmm... my Hauppauge HVR 1100 is also an analogue/DVB-T hybrid... maybe a coincidence, maybe a cause?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2006, 05:14:11 pm »

I asked it to log 'TV', but after doing stuff in the TV section the log file is still empty.

Did you remember to check "Output to a log file"?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 05:16:50 pm »

Hmm... my Hauppauge HVR 1100 is also an analogue/DVB-T hybrid... maybe a coincidence, maybe a cause?

That should not be a problem. Most devices are hybrids, with both analog and digital tuners. Someone has a Dvico device that has a NTSC analog tuner but DVB-T digital tuner in Australia. That analog tuner would not be useful.

enervation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2006, 05:26:03 pm »

Did you remember to check "Output to a log file"?

:-[ ........ can't believe I made such a noobish mistake  :-[

TV logs of a dvb-t channel scan

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2006, 05:32:36 pm »

I was just going to say "don't bother with logging yet"...

Oh it is so embarrassing :-[. I forgot to increment the loop index, so it was trying the first frequency over and over.

Please wait until the next build to try again.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2006, 08:12:01 pm »

Oh it is so embarrassing :-[. I forgot to increment the loop index, so it was trying the first frequency over and over.

Code: [Select]
i += 1
Heh heh.  Can happen to anyone (and has to me more times than I'd like to admit)...  ;D

Just blame it on being distracted over all the excitement over Matt's new baby!

ichkriegediekriese

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2006, 01:31:45 am »

Hi!

I have been observing that MC's GUi would not respond after playing several songs.
So far I could not fin any paatern ob what the cause might be.
I can still use MC party over the tray icon but I can do nothing when the window is open.
Any suggestions?
greetz

dcwebman

« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2006, 07:46:07 am »

Reproduce bug:
1. Go to Playing Now.
2. Go to Audio main button.
3. No matter whether you are in Genres, Artists, or Albums, right-clicking on an album does not bring up the context menu.
4. Switch to another view, i.e. Genres, Artists, or Albums and the right-click works there. Go back to the previous view and it works now.

This also was fixed in this build.
Jeff

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2006, 08:51:03 am »

I have been observing that MC's GUi would not respond after playing several songs.
So far I could not fin any paatern ob what the cause might be.
I can still use MC party over the tray icon but I can do nothing when the window is open.

Mastiff seems to be having a similar issue.  See here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37570.0

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2006, 09:43:52 am »

I have not seen the non-responsive GUI, but I do see that MC takes a very long time to restore from the tray. It becomes rather 'sluggish' to operate in general afterward. Music plays fine during this time though.

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2006, 09:45:45 am »

Minor issue when Burning:

-Select Burn CD from AW
-Select Audio CD (I have a live concert composed of 48 tracks that I will be burning onto 3 cds, 1 at a time)
-Right Click and select "Burn Settings"
-Click Cross fade and DSP effects settings button
-Select "Gapless" (This is a live show after all)
-Burn CD

All is good.  One down.
It used to be that I could just burn the next 2 disks, and be assured the same settings were used.
Now however:
-Return to Burn Settings/Cross-fade Settings
-The "Transition Between Tracks" selection seems not to be retained between burn like it used to.
-The text at the bottom still says "Gap: Gapless" But the selection box now shows "Cross-fade (Aggressive)"

So it may not have actually changed - but it sure scared me and looks like it did.....

jgreen

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2006, 11:47:43 am »

Just an observation:

Previous 5 or so builds had been whopping slow doing an "Is There" analysis.  Like 10x slower.  Wild card in this is that previously 60% of files were "yes", now 30% of files are "Yes." 

However, this build is speedy again.  "Is There" where only 30% of files are "Yes" seems proportionally fast when compared to an analysis where ^0% of files are "Yes". 

Hopes this helps/makes sense.

ichkriegediekriese

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2006, 02:48:00 pm »

hi!

MC builds just fine and very fast, it just doesnt respond to any give command over the GUI - even not after minutes have passed.
Music though plays fine.
I have the feeling that it has something to do with playing ogg and m4a file, maybe switching between them.
If I find out I let u guys know

One other suggestion:
On the left panel where there are "Audio" "Pictures" and "Movies" on top to select the area you like,
it would be very cool if these options would always stay visible to enable faster switching between those modes.
right no if I open the Playlist I always have t scroll up to change the mode again - kind of annoying.
Pages: [1]   Go Up