INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.129  (Read 5837 times)

DarkPenguin

• Citizen of the Universe
Media Center 12.0.129
« on: December 08, 2006, 04:05:55 pm »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

If you're new to MC, please use MC11.1 from our download page here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120129.exe

12.0.129 (12/08/06)

1. Changed: Video Renderer selection for DX Video Player is now moved to DirectShow Filter Selection window. You can therefore select different video renderer for different file types. "Video Mixing Renderer 7" also becomes one of the possible choices.
2. Fixed: Web Gallery was having issues with gallery of 1.
3. Changed: Web Gallery index and slide files are now .html and not .htm.
4. Fixed: DVB-T channel scanning was not advancing to the next frequencies.
5. Fixed: When showing the "Camera" Action Window, the drop list of choices could be invisible.
6. Fixed: Some duplicate entries in the list of "Other filters" on Filter Selection window are eliminated.
7. NEW: Additional Web Gallery options added.
8. Fixed: Videos with subtypes Music video, TV show, etc. would always require re-syncing on iPods.
9. Fixed: Rotation honored on Web Gallery output.
10. Changed: Several Noire skin updates.

12.0.128 (12/07/06)

1. Fixed: Starting TV by clicking "TV Tuner" tool button did not work.
2. Fixed: Skinning should now be enabled on the Web Gallery Creator.
3. Changed: HTML Gallery renamed Web Gallery.
4. Changed: Web Gallery counts start at 1 instead of 0.  (index and total)
5. Fixed: Seek works on TiVo.

12.0.127 (12/07/06)

1. NEW: New DVB-T digital TV channel scanning method. Australia and UK users please test.
2. Fixed: Cancel acquire camera images not working.
3. Changed: Acquire images from camera now includes 'avi' file types.
4. Fixed: iPod with 'DCIM' folder at the root was mistaken for a camera.
5. Fixed: The TiVo cache was being cleared too aggressively. This caused smartlist with a variable length (like the 100 random songs) to not play.
6. Fixed: Drop down menus would randomly appear way too "skinny".
7. Fixed: HTML gallery creator "remember password" check box state remembered.
8. Fixed: Tab stops on HTML gallery creator should make more sense.

12.0.125 (12/05/06)

1. Fixed: When a combobox was disabled, the inside of the box could draw a non-skin color.
2. Fixed: When an edit control switched from disabled to enabled, its border wouldn't always redraw properly.
3. Changed: Many dialogs were using an older dialog font that didn't support ClearType.
4. Fixed: Options tree image drop shadows were running together from one image to the next.
5. NEW: More areas of the program use the font chosen in Options > Tree & View.
6. NEW: Edit control borders are skinnable.
7. Fixed: The DSM-320 would not play videos.
8. Fixed: Restored writing out IPTC and fixed cases where PS2 would generate an error when trying to read new IPTC header from JPG files.

12.0.124 (12/04/06)

1. Changed: Wording for CD burn capacity did not fit nicely in standard window size.
2. Fixed: HTML Gallery threading fixed.
3. NEW: Remember password checkbox for the HTML Gallery.
4. Fixed: HTML Gallery output path was not getting updated if user used the browse button.
5. NEW: Reworked the "Encoding" options page.
6. Fixed: "Fill Properties From Filename" wasn't supporting translated field names.
7. Fixed: Parts of the options dialog would always use MS Sans font istead of the font chosen in Options.
8. Fixed: Menus were not using the font selected in options.
9. Fixed: Dragging and dropping tracks onto the audio CD burn action window was unduly slow.
10. Fixed: OSD of "Playing Channel n" would display nonsense text when playing a TV channel (using keypad) that is not among the list of previously scanned channels.
11. Changed: Streamlined how TV channels are handled in database.
12. Changed: TV engine is no longer unloaded and reloaded when playing a channel using keypad.
13. NEW: Reworked View Scheme component dialog. (combined expression and other types, automatically show when picking "Add Pane To Left", etc.)

12.0.123 (12/01/06)

1. Fixed: Returning from fullscreen display could shift the focus to a different view in a split view configuration.
2. Fixed: Web radio stations that didn't provide a proper MIME type wouldn't play.
3. Changed: Added zone information and playerstate changes to automation event notifications.
4. Fixed: UPnP (and other SDK users) would not work on view schemes with items that had a backslash in their name.
5. NEW: Revised the look-n-feel of the options tree used throughout options.
6. Fixed: Some html gallery creation bugs.
7. New: FTP uploader added to html gallery creator.

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Media Center 12.0.129
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 06:13:07 pm »

TV tuning:

The radio buttons on the "Network Type" bit of Scan Channels - you can select both ATSC *and* DVB-T, though it does seem to use the last one you selected, it just doesn't switch radio buttons properly

The scan now definitely does progress :-)

It's not working for me, though I'm willing to believe it's just my tuner card that's not great.
It seems to go through MUCH much quicker than any other software I've used with it though (or indeed any other DVB-T tuner!) are you sure you're actually checking all the channels? :-) It goes through in about 20 seconds.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 06:39:49 pm »

Do you have a list of the changes?

Was one of the changes to the gridline color?  I don't know if this just started, but it seems like the alternating gridline colors are so close to each other that the gridlines are nearly invisible, and therefore don't really serve the purpose for which they're intended.

Thanks,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2006, 06:41:22 pm »

I'm still seeing the Theater View display issues -- i.e. the "blocky," distored text and the "twitching" text when using 1024x768.

Larry

jgreen

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2006, 06:41:50 pm »

If you play music, and then play an image playlist concurrently, if you pause music playback the image list keeps going.  However, if you stop music playback the image playlist stops and goes away.  Is this right?

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2006, 07:28:05 pm »

grrr.... going to ruin it myself now!

TV tuning:

It goes through in about 20 seconds.

Too quickly indeed. Can you email me a log file? yaobing at jriver dot com
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2006, 08:28:03 pm »

Videos with subtypes Music video, TV show, etc. would always require re-syncing on iPods.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for looking at this... :D :D :D :D

Am downloading the build now but might wait until morning to check this as am quite tipsy right now and its taken 20 mins to type this message!!!

Thanks again!

escaflo

• Galactic Citizen
  • And the answer is.... 42!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2006, 10:11:32 pm »

Since build 128, Media Server seems to be crashing. I've the Media Server icon in my system tray, but once in a while, it will just disappear like it has crashed. But Media Center still playing music at the same time. Have to click on the Media Server icon to get it to load again. It doesn't matter if any client was connected at the time. Media Center also seems to crash randomly (not very often). Though I think the crashes somehow relate to the fact that I got my Ipod Nano plug in. Haven't been able to determine if Ipod is really the cause or not yet.

Media Center Registered 12.0.129 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2200 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 565 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive I: LITE-ON DVDRW SHM-165P6S  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive J:   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive I: LITE-ON  DVDRW SHM-165P6S   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Device info dump for 'Apple iPod Nano 2G (M:)':

WMDMName: DERRICK’S (M:)
DeviceUID: $$?$storage#removablemedia#7&2b7d5354&0&rm#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}$0
CanonicalName: \\?\storage#removablemedia#7&2b7d5354&0&rm#{53f5630d-b6bf-11d0-94f2-00a0c91efb8b}$0
VendorName: ; VendorID: 1452
ProductID: 4704; FirmwareVersion: 1.62
WMDMSerialNumber: NULL
DeviceType: 3; DeviceID: YM64862ZV8U; DeviceName: Apple iPod; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: M:; DrivePath: ; MainDriveLetter: M:
IsJanusCapable: ; IsIpod: 1
SupportsAlbumArt: 1; AlbumArtEnabled: 1
SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: 0; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: mp3;wav;mp4;aa;m4a;m4b;m4p;aiff;aif;bmp;jpg;jpeg;gif;tif;tiff;png;sgi;psd
ContextMenus: Delete
MemoryTypes: Internal Memory
InstallURL:
ApplicationName: Media Center
ImageName: Apple iPod Nano 2G
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: Music\[Artist]\[Album]\
ImageBasePath: Images\
VideoBasePath: Video\
DataBasePath: Data\
PlaylistBasePath: ROOT\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath: Audible\
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name][Artist][Album][Genre]FormatNumber([Track #, 0])[Media Type])
ChangeKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image),,[Rating][Composer][Date Modified])
Don't Panic!

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
  • I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2006, 10:16:56 pm »

12.0.129 (12/08/06)

Now that Noire skinning is picking up, it may help the skinners if there was more details provided on Noire changes.

I can't skin myself, but I appreciate their efforts and would hate for them to get discouraged.

jkrzok

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Media Center 12.0.129 Add Color
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 12:03:14 am »

If I Add Color with a custom color I create I get alternating black and white rows in the empty portion of whatever view I use.

Try RGB 191 - 205 - 217 for example. If I choose a basic color MC appears normal. I also see it in High Contrast but not in any other of the skin effects.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 04:22:41 am »

>> snipped <<

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 06:10:00 am »

Is it intentional that the TV options dialog isn't a child window of MC?

I.e. if you switch away from it and then back to MC, you don't see the options dialog again, but it is there, and you can switch back to it. It just isn't modal.

Actually, it's a bit worse than that - just tried navigating around in MC, and that made it crash!

To reproduce:
- go to TV Tuner
- click on "Options" button next to "Watch" at bottom of screen
- click somewhere else in MC, e.g. the "Audio" button at the top
- crash :-)

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 06:26:21 am »

I've got stuck with a change on this one.
You've made it so that it automatically picks up an image for the
tree which is great, however when the mouse is hovered over a tree item,
the tree items have some kind of hottext colour, and it's automatically
changing for Black for me, and I can't work out how to stop it doing
so without changing the text under thumbnails either...

http://img185.imageshack.us/my.php?image=intentionskingq1.png

In that screen shot I'm hovering the mouse over Playing Now.
The hotcolours black....
How do I set it back white?!
======================
On another note
I've created some fairly dark buttons(The text colour will probably become lighter eventually)

However some of the icons for these buttons have colours which aren't skinnable
and come out too dark to be seen, any chance of those blacks being
dynamically changed to the colour of the text for the buttons,
or is there a way that we can skin them?

NickM

• Simplicity isn't always best, but it's easy to fix
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 06:41:40 am »

Still getting the narrow menus.  Sometimes.

EpF

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 11:39:10 am »

Create a viewscheme with [Rating]==1 or [Rating]=3-4 in the 'pick files to show' section, which has a rating field in the panes, and the rating pane will only show ratings 3-4, even though files with a rating of 1 will show up in the file-list.

Some library fields which show up in viewschemes and searches are not available in 'Library & Folders' section of Options.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2006, 03:11:02 pm »

MC FREEZES when trying to select all songs that have lyrics.  It looks like it can't be done.  Any suggestions?
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

jgreen

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2006, 03:44:43 pm »

Dude, I am so sorry, but I can do this.  I have a "lyrics" field in my default view, I click on the header to sort by lyrics, so that all are together, then I click the first one, go down to the last one and shift-click, and I have 15k files selected (thank you sparta/magic randy/dc).  I then added them to Playing Now without any struggle.

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2006, 04:02:41 pm »

Ahh, I forgot about library view.  :-[ I stopped using that a while ago.  Thanks.

Still though, MC shouldn't freeze when using the pane view and selecting lyrics.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 05:20:50 am »

I've been getting a bit of stability problems in MC and I'd like to know the best way to report them. I don't have anything that I can repro.

I've definitely seen problems when trying to play a DVD. Sometimes it works, sometimes MC crashes. When playing from a ripped-to-disk DVD it is even more unstable. But, as I said, I can't repro reliably.

I've also seen crashes at other, non-DVD related, times. But I haven't been able to pin it down to anything.

Does sending the crash reports to Microsoft help you guys at all? Do you get those? Is there anything else I should be doing?

fatt_fill

• Recent member
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2006, 08:23:54 am »

Hi all,

Upgraded from .99 and noticed several "bugs":

• Page Up / Page Down buttons dissapeared from Theatre View - very annoying as I use a touch screen in my car and have no keyboard so their presence was invaluable.  Rather than Page up/down buttons, I'd suggest a up/down buttons to the right of any list that can't fit on one page (almost like a scroll bar)
  • Playing Now: again a theatre view issue - when you click playing now from the home screen it always takes you to the top of the playlist and not the position of the track you are currently playing.  When the track next changes, this then corrects itself - although the track playing is still at the bottom of the page - it would be helpful to see what was playing and what's coming up (ie. have the current track at the top or in the middle of the screen)
  • Icon's next to text in theatre view - despite unticking the box so that the image don't show in theatre view, they still appear - the check box in options appears to do nothing.
I think that's about all I've noticed - I'm running 12.0.129
Great work on the continued development of such a versatile and powerful product :-)

Thanks,
Phil

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2006, 08:51:35 am »

the "split view focus switching" bug is back with this build.
So far, I only see it after hitting the OK button on the options dialogue.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2006, 10:25:33 am »

switching display mode between detached (window), detached (full screen), display view, or dragging the detached window between two monitors causes dvds to start again from the beginning of the disc.

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2006, 11:25:06 am »

I have been having problems with MC not holding my View Scheme settings.
I have had View Schemes that have reverted back to Panes/Details View rather than hold the setting for the Stacks of thumbnails.

I have also been having columns being reset to default settings and not holding the Columns I have selected.
When I installed 12.0.28 even my saved Presets I have for the columns under Customize Current View were gone.

Has anyone else encountered this?
. . . the game is rigged

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2006, 04:55:31 pm »

DVD seeking is buggy when done using the CTRL+SHIFT+ARROW keys. I have these mapped to the appropriate buttons on my remote (10 secs back, 30 sec forward) which works great for videos. When I use these same keys for seeking a DVD though, I get slow seek updates, lockups and MC crashes. The problem is much worse if you pause before seeking. I'm using Cyberlink PowerDVD 7 decoders but I have tried others also.

Thread started here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37625.0
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: December 10, 2006, 08:33:47 pm »

Is anyone else noticing how MC always seems to freeze/pause once playing now reaches its end?

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2006, 09:28:29 pm »

Is anyone else noticing how MC always seems to freeze/pause once playing now reaches its end?

I justed tested it and found no problem on my system.

With Continuous off, it just stops, but nothing is frozen.  I can immediately do anything else I want.

With Continuous On, it just restarts from the beginning, again with no delay.

Randy

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2006, 11:52:48 pm »

It doesn't happen everytime, but I have been noticing it more and more.  Hopefully it will pass. ?

Magic_Randy

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2006, 11:55:04 pm »

It doesn't happen everytime, but I have been noticing it more and more.  Hopefully it will pass. ?

Could also be a plug-in causing trouble.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2006, 02:44:43 am »

--------
GUI interaction (Noire skin)
Action window and dialogue buttons have no 'mouse down' state, so they don't appear to respond when clicked upon. (try the rename from props dialogue)
--------
3D Visualizations
"picture show" and "picture cube" 3D vizualisations are not rotating images correctly. They're all being shown 'landscape' style.
When not using the 3D display options, right click > Set Display > 3D vizualisations > preset. No matter which preset is clicked on, the display starts with the preset used the last time the 3D vizualisations were used.
  • right click display, set display, 3D vizualisations, spectrum analyser.
  • If a different 3D viz than spectrum analyser loads, you are already seeing the bug.
  • if spectrum analyser loads, right click, set display, album art
  • finally, right click, set display, 3D vizualisations, tunnel. You will not get tunnel, you will get spectrum analyser again.
--------
aquire from scanner
Using Image > get from scanner launches the scanners' TWAIN software (Epson Scan in my case) if I cancel that scanning job and return to MC, the tag window has broken in the following way:

There is now no right click menu available from the image display. Close the image display. It won't open again.
The tag window allows a field to go into 'edit' mode when it's clicked on, but the enter, escape and tab keys do not work.
Close the tag window, and I find I cannot open it again.
If I then play some images, MC jumps to display view, and there's no mouse, no interface, and no right click menu. Ctrl + 1 got me back to standard view.
Restarting MC is the only way I've found to restore normality.
--------
auto-size columns
auto size columns with allow auto size to cut off long values active is too agressive.
This can be seen best in the track # field, where it's more often than not, not allowing double figures to be displayed.
Also, I've got 1680 pixels of width to play with, but MC still cuts the columns to the bone leaving plenty of empty space to the right of the list pane. It would be nice if MC could make efficient use of all the available real estate.
--------
expression editor
I knocked up an expression using six nested if() statements. Each statement starts a new line, the second last line is what to output if all else fails (Downloaded), and the last line contains the six closing brackets. The pane looks like so:

moving the closing brackets up onto the preceding line fixes the little squares.
please, please, please can we have access to the editor in other places that accept expressions too? Discusion
--------
'Tag' Action Window
(Panes view, Tagging mode: On) Select an image, open the [people] tag in the AW and tick a person. Keep the file selection and leave the AW as it is, and now tick a different tag in a pane. Notice the previously tagged people in the AW gets cleared. I'm guessing that this is because the tick in the AW is not committed untill either the selection changes, or the AW is closed, and tagging in the pane before one of those events, causes a refresh, which clears the selected tag in the AW. I'm just training myself not to do this, but, it has to be said, finding that little close button in the AW is a definate speed bump in the workflow when trying to fly through some quick tagging tasks.
--------
Camera (aquire)
.avi files are not being aquired from the camera. (Discuss?)
MC is not able to determine how many files it's aquiring, merely stating "image 1 of ??". Elements and, IIRC, windows, are both able to present this information.
--------
photos on an ipod 5G v1.1.2 set to convert to 640 x 480 on transfer
Hokay, sussed this one. Photos appear to sort by filename on the ipod, which for the most part, keeps them nicely chronologically ordered, but, if the album contains photos taken across an entire day, for some reason, it moves all photos taken in the morning to the end of the slideshow, so, why does it do that, and is there anything us users can do to exercise control over this? (Discuss?)
--------
Status bar text
I can't quite nail a 100% reproduceable method to see this, but I find that quite often, mostly after things like a search bar filter, the text in the search bar does not update until a file has been selected, then deselected. This is often accompanied by an empty Tag action window that proclaims "no files selected", which is true, but in this state, MC adopts an 'all files selected' stance, so the status bar and tag window should be in sync with the file list.
--------
Wishes
  • Please can we have access to saved sorting presets from "customise current view" in the drop-down 'sort' menu in the view headers
  • hopefully, these tag window tweaks are still on the list.
  • An "Apply" button for the 'Edit/Add View Scheme' dialogue. (Discuss?)
  • Expressions in the 'base path' field of the rename from props tool. (Discuss?)
  • .tif file tag reading at a minimum, writing would be nice too if possible (Discuss?)
  • the ability to set a library field to be used as a caption for images and/or thumbnails when using the 'send to > web/ftp > create html' tool brilliant! thank you :)
  • I would like to be able to use a date expression in the aquire images general "path" option, and for the scanner, I'd like to be able to setup some incremental file naming rule
  • when playing both audio and images, the dislay's context menu has "send to... (currently playing track)" would love to see "send to... (currently displayed image)" on there too.
  • Navigational favourites could use a little spit and polish. (Discuss?)
--------

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2006, 05:39:18 am »

It Looks Like That Using The BitRate In The Default File Name Is Still Broken In MC12

The Cynic Project - 1440 - EuroDance MegaMix.mp3

It Should Have Been

The Cynic Project - 204 - EuroDance MegaMix.mp3

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2006, 08:20:52 am »

Media Center hangs when clicking on an Artist - this happened about three times - the fourth time it worked. Logging was enabled ... who wants the log files :-? please post an address to send to.

regards

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2006, 08:49:57 am »

Media Center hangs when clicking on an Artist - this happened about three times - the fourth time it worked. Logging was enabled ... who wants the log files :-? please post an address to send to.

regards
Under Help/Logging, there is an option to e-mail the logs.

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2006, 09:50:17 am »

Should it put something in the To: entry? ... cause it doesn't  ;D

SwellGuy

« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2006, 09:52:30 am »

Send it to rick at jriver dot com.

dcwebman

« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2006, 12:32:26 pm »

When an unknown CD is inserted, I try using another program to get the information into cdplayer.ini. I then try MC's Update from CDPlayer.ini option. If the CD has any additional data on it that's only viewable from a computer's CD drive like videos or such, MC will not pick up the cdplayer.ini information. The CD has to be audio only in order for the Update from CDPlayer.ini option to work.
Jeff

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2006, 02:46:42 pm »

I've been getting a bit of stability problems in MC and I'd like to know the best way to report them. I don't have anything that I can repro.

I've definitely seen problems when trying to play a DVD. Sometimes it works, sometimes MC crashes. When playing from a ripped-to-disk DVD it is even more unstable. But, as I said, I can't repro reliably.

I've also seen crashes at other, non-DVD related, times. But I haven't been able to pin it down to anything.

Does sending the crash reports to Microsoft help you guys at all? Do you get those? Is there anything else I should be doing?

I've also noticed in the last few builds that MC will crash for no apparent reason.

I'll just have it sitting there in Theater View and suddenly over the top comes the MS Application Error.

I have a feelign it's when OTTO does his thing, and it seems to happen soon after I've deleted a file from a monitored folder, but not always.

I can't exactly pin it down yet, I'll turn on full logging to see if this helps.

Richard

tombert

• Galactic Citizen
Shell integration
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2006, 09:07:06 am »

Enable shell integration is unchecked - still the explorer context menu shows a Media Center menu item.

thx
Pages: [1]   Go Up