INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Using my Toaster causes file deletions  (Read 2490 times)

Robert Taylor

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living in a Smokeless Zone...
Using my Toaster causes file deletions
« on: December 13, 2006, 06:01:29 pm »

It's true!

Every time some toast pops up outta my toaster, at least one, and sometimes more random files gets deleted from my PC.

Update:

It seems that the number of files deleted is related to the number of slices of toast in the toaster.

Crumpets seem to cause whole directories to dissappear, and English Muffins cause random paragraphs in any open MS Word documents to vanish.

Cheers
Rob

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
Re: Using my Toaster causes file deletions
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 06:07:49 pm »

I find wholegrain is worse than white bread, a wholegrain crumpet can easily do a whole drive ;D

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2006, 06:08:12 pm »

Other Kitchen Devices Are Also Known To Have Problems Here Is One Of Them

Firmware Upgrade 2.0.1F Seems To Correct The Problem

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

jgreen

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2006, 08:34:30 pm »

Finally you propellerheads start to look at the world as I see it. . .

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 09:29:37 pm »

Come on people, this is old news - do you think we all eat cornflakes because we want to?

Robert Taylor

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2006, 09:40:23 pm »

Say Twit....are you an Upper Class Twit ?
Cheers
Rob

Twit

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 10:29:31 pm »

Used to be - But i've learn't to stay between the lines.

Robert Taylor

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2006, 12:08:33 am »

Very good...carry on then...
Cheers
Rob

terrya64

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 02:46:31 pm »

I don't see how this could possibly happen. Is the toaster wireless or somethin'.
His mind is not for rent..to any god or government

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 03:07:18 pm »

I don't see how this could possibly happen. Is the toaster wireless or somethin'.

Toasters gotta have wires thats how it works see, electric goes through
the wires causing them to heat up which causes the bread to be converted in to toast.  ::)

I reckon what is causing the problem is the carbon dioxide being released when
the toast burns being caught by the smoke alarm which needs a new battery.
Instead of realeasing soundwaves this causes Microwaves to be released
which we already knows causes MC problems.

So you either need to upgrade your smoke alarm (I hear OpenFire 2.0 is good),
 or keep the batterys fresh.

jgreen

« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 03:08:36 pm »

Terry, I believe Lunch uses an internet-over-powerline configuration, so you could easily see how this kind of thing could happen.  I mean, wires get crossed and all that, IEX sends out a ping and comes back with a bagel.

Robert Taylor

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 07:24:01 pm »

Sorry terrya64 and jgreen, you're both wrong.

My toaster is not wireless, and I don't use ethernet over power.

I firmly believe that my toaster (which is a fairly new one - all shiny and stainless steel etc.) emits microscopic toast particles and positronic rays when it's is in the process of toasting.

The amount of particles increases with the number of toast slices.

These particles spread throughout the house, and are not stopped by typical home construction materials.

The toast particles are so small, they pass straight through all apparently solid matter in my house. Even though I have shielded my PC by applying a liberal coat of shaving foam, and some tasty wafer biscuits set at odd angles, the toast particles penetrate the PC casing, and actually make it as far as the CPU and RAM within. There they lodge, restricting the flow of electrons, thus causing my PCs bizarre behaviour.

I'm at my wits end; I may even have to change the brand of shaving foam I'm using. Maybe I should try encasing my PC in jelly - it's a well-known fact that jelly is a good moderator of toast particles...
Cheers
Rob

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 07:34:17 pm »

Lunch,
I suggest two avenues to explore:

1.  Move your PC to the tub.  It could require a few rinse cycles if the shaving cream has been in use very long.

2.  Consider patenting your discovery (house transparency) before it is too late.

Kind regards,

Colonel Sanders

jgreen

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 08:57:18 pm »

Colonel, you make a mean fried chicken, and an even better media manager.  I think your advice is good, but it addresses the symptoms and not the root cause.  When all other answers have been eliminated, then the only remaining one is the true one:  Lunch works for DARPA, or else AARP.  What else could explain it?  The autonomous field generation, and adherence to 70s-era culture?  I think Lunch is old, and in the way.  He tries gamely (I won't eat Jones, he's got a gammy leg) to assimilate into modern culture, but his humor outs him:  he's a time-traveller, and his toaster is a worm-hole vortex.

The question in my mind is, is that a "deal-killer?"  I mean, if he's a time-traveller, does he get free upgrade of MC?  Or is he stuck with playing his Cheap Trick collection on MC 8?  These are the questiuons that I think are important.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 09:13:30 pm »

These are the questiuons that I think are important.
And they are questiuons that require strionger digestiuon than most can muster.

Old is relative, jg, though I did notice lunch's tendenciues myself (not that I have any old tendenciues to speak of).

Come to the Chicken.

jgreen

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 09:53:49 pm »

"And they are questiuons that require strionger digestiuon than most can muster."

Ha. Ha.

FWIW, I get a volume discount on the letters "i" and "u".  Vowels, no less.  And sometimes "y".

Robert Taylor

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 10:00:00 pm »

jG, I believe that paranoia has you by the big toe. I do not work for any clandestine organisation, I was sent here 42 years ago merely as an observer. I was set at the factory to spout gibberish which may have its roots in any recent cultural era. It was seen as superfluous to install any 50's era gibberish, as I was not sent here until after that time. My ability to voyage through time is of no consequence.

Jg, please do not pursue the idea that my toaster is any kind of vortex or portal any further, or perform any investigation into such ideas, or attempt to enlist the services of any of your agencies in this matter. ie. DO NOT under any circumstances try to call Dean Martin or Fred MacMurray. This can only lead to unhappiness on your part, and I fear it could ruin the bread industry across the entire planet, if not the very suburb you inhabit.

I agree that the Colonel used to do a good line in chicken, but his request for us to "come to the chicken" is, I believe, a vain plea in an attempt to rekindle his glory days when the chicken actually had some muscle in it. In this more modern era of deep fried skin and bones, his call falls on deaf ears. No amount of "accessories" in the form of gravy, potato with the consistency of plaster of paris, and corn which looks like it has been used as some sort of pipe cleaning device, will ever conceal the fact that, in a fast-food sense, the Colonels days must be numbered. His ability to muster troops in support of the most brilliantly conceived and executed media player on the planet is beyond rebuff. However, I'm in no doubt that the new media center enterprise is designed purely as a smokescreen, so that his superior agents do not become suspicious of the decline of the chicken branch. Of course, all these observations will go in my full report.

And Colonel, your pitiful attempt to neutralise me by suggesting I short-circuit myself by bathing with a computer could bring dire consequences to THE ENTIRE PLANET (or at least to your cleaning lady, Ethel).

Enough of this!
Cheers
Rob
Pages: [1]   Go Up