INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 12.0 always "Working" when I connect Sansa e280 in MTP Mode  (Read 1440 times)

RFB

• Junior Woodchuck
MC 12.0 always "Working" when I connect Sansa e280 in MTP Mode
« on: December 18, 2006, 12:09:50 pm »

I'm just wondering if this is normal behavior.  MC appears to rescan the player every time I plug it in.

Previously, I used MSC mode and MC would only rescan the player about a third of the time.

I should add that no files on the Sansa are changed or added to by me manually or with any other program.

Rick

RFB

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: MC 12.0 always "Working" when I connect Sansa e280 in MTP Mode
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 05:40:42 am »

Well, since no one bothered to enlighten me, I did some digging and found out it's apparently normal behavior for MTP mode.

It's even more ridiculous on the Zune (which I gather uses a modified form of MTP) I purchased recently.  The Zune software takes a good 6 or 7 minutes to see everything that's already on the player every time I plug it in.  What's so hard about keeping a database of what's on a player?

Rick

SwellGuy

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2007, 08:44:43 am »

RFB,

We apologize for dogging you like that. That behavior is not normal and typically indicates that the database file that we are writing to the Sansa is not getting written, is getting destroyed or there's something else happening that invalidates it. We'll do some testing early next week.

In the meantime, make sure you are running the latest firmware, MC release, etc. Also of interest to us is if the work it's doing seems to be proportional to the number of tracks on it or not.

Regards,
Rick

RFB

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 03:39:12 am »

Rick,

I'm running the latest Sansa firmware (1.02.15A, I believe) and the latest regular beta build of MC12.

Thanks,

Rick

Edit:  To add that I always keep the Sansa pretty full, with only about 200MB free.  That's surely enough space for a database file, right?

SwellGuy

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 03:25:46 pm »

That's plenty of space.
Pages: [1]   Go Up