INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Five Shopping Days Left  (Read 1280 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Five Shopping Days Left
« on: December 19, 2006, 06:33:50 pm »

I'm starting to sweat.  I need to find a nice gift for $100 or less for a nice lady.  Any comments?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Five Shopping Days Left
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2006, 07:48:23 pm »

Our family went gift free a few years back.  It's been wonderful.

If you're set on presents, here are some ideas:
Help the world, adopt a goat
For when she flys co-pilot
If you really love her
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 07:53:26 pm »

Well if you really run out of time, there is always "$100 has been donated to the Human Fund in your name this holiday season" :).

Osho

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 07:55:34 pm »

Danish Cookies, Good Stuff
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 07:57:13 pm »

It wasn't quite less than $100, but I just picked up mine a lovely Sansa e270 (for $185).  (Shhhh...)  Newegg does have the Sansa e250 (2 GB) version for $119 shipped right now.  You might want to go ahead and pay for the extra $2.99 rush processing though, to make sure it ships tomorrow (or just upgrade the shipping option to FedEx).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

kamiller42

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 08:09:15 pm »

You can browse Costco's site to get many ideas like this category. Maybe a spa trip or the aromatherapy basket. Their prices are reasonable, and just about everything they offer is a good pick. I don't work for them. I just like the store.

Lastly, a couple of licenses to Media Center may do.  ;)

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 08:33:48 pm »

I'm surprised you guys don't look at Buy.com more.  This is a true story.  My uncle wanted an external hard drive and was going to get a 160GB drive for $80 that was in the ads this past weekend.  I checked and Buy.com has a WD My Book 250GB for $80 (after Google Checkout) with free shipping and no tax.  I ordered it Monday probably around noon or a little before.  I received it TODAY!  When they ship from IL, I usually get things so fast!  I haven't even checked where it shipped from but WOW.  With $20 off any order of $50 or more, you could save $20 on basically any big item and their prices are already amazing.

I did order Simpsons season 9 today and am a bit concerned that I may not receive it in time but it is about $6 cheaper than at Best Buy so I decided to go ahead.  Since it's for me, it's not a big deal if it's a little late.  I just worry because DVDs and other media often get shipped via media mail which is really slow.  If I'm not mistaken, the 8GB Sansa could be purchased for $196 and the 6GB for $170.  People underestimate Buy.com but I have been buying 95% of my online purchases with them ever since I started buying online.  They just have never caused problems for me and have amazing prices--always.

My uncle (different one) had a bad experience with them, however.  It's a long story but he doesn't shop with them anymore after that one bad experience.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2006, 09:25:32 pm »

I'm surprised you guys don't look at Buy.com more.  This is a true story.  My uncle wanted an external hard drive and was going to get a 160GB drive for $80 that was in the ads this past weekend.  I checked and Buy.com has a WD My Book 250GB for $80 (after Google Checkout) with free shipping and no tax.  I ordered it Monday probably around noon or a little before.  I received it TODAY!  When they ship from IL, I usually get things so fast!  I haven't even checked where it shipped from but WOW.  With $20 off any order of $50 or more, you could save $20 on basically any big item and their prices are already amazing.

I do use buy.com fairly regularly, and they do have good prices.  In general, for computer equipment, Newegg or ZipZoomFly usually beats them in both price and breadth of offerings.  Not always though... So it's generally one of the top three places I check!

All in all though, I find Newegg much quicker shipment wise and much easier to deal with if there happens to be a problem.  I've never had any issues with them for returns or other problems... Great service is important!  (I did once get a very minor amount of grief returning a DOA item with buy.com, but it was easily resolved).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2006, 05:32:24 am »

I buy from one of my online stores first, then if it is not there, I go elsewhere

2 Years Ago I Did buy Sue Oriental Cork Art Work (About $500 Worth), Last Year It Was A $1,000 Diamond Heart Necklace (It Was On Sale).

This Year A Heart Shaped Diamond Watch.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up