INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get Girder to recognize MC12 as a supported application?  (Read 1407 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
How to get Girder to recognize MC12 as a supported application?
« on: December 18, 2006, 01:07:57 pm »

Hi,

I installed Girder 4 and I see that Girder sees MC12 as a running application but does not have little green tick mark to the left of it - indicating that it is a supported application. I am running MC12.0.130. What do I need to do to make Girder recognize MC12?

thanks,
Osho

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: How to get Girder to recognize MC12 as a supported application?
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 03:16:51 pm »

I don't use Girder in "Novice Mode" (which is the mode with the checkmarks), because it is severely limited.  I'd recommend you switch to the "Expert Interface" (View --> Switch to Expert Interface) and then read through the manual a bit.

To make things much easier though, I have posted my GML files over here for Girder 4 and MC12:  http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=33295.0
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Osho

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2006, 11:28:54 am »

Thanks a lot for your GML file. This would really help :).

So, I have a couple of more newbie questions about Girder/MC12.

• I am using USBUIRT and a Harmony 890 (universal remote). If I use Girder GML file to control MC12, should I disable the USBUIRT plugin in MC12?
  • There are GML files under J River directory (Data/Extras directory or something like that). There are two GML files. Should I import nay of them in Girder? What are they for?

thanks,
Osho

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2006, 12:09:01 pm »

I am using USBUIRT and a Harmony 890 (universal remote). If I use Girder GML file to control MC12, should I disable the USBUIRT plugin in MC12?

Yes.

There are GML files under J River directory (Data/Extras directory or something like that). There are two GML files. Should I import nay of them in Girder? What are they for?

No.  They are a good place to start, but they are quite outdated (I believe they were built for MC9 or 10) and Girder 3.x.  If you're using Girder4 and MC11 or MC12, and you want a place to start, your best bet is probably my Girder4 GML files.  If you're using Girder3.x with MC11/12, Doof made and posted some Girder 3.x GML files that work well a while back.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 12:23:37 pm »

...  they are quite outdated (I believe they were built for MC9 or 10) and Girder 3.x.  If you're using Girder4 and MC11 or MC12, and you want a place to start, your best bet is probably my Girder4 GML files.
glynor,
With your permission, we'll include yours in the build.  It would be much appreciated.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2006, 04:10:01 pm »

Have at it!  Only thing to do would be include a link somehow (maybe just a lnk file or something) to the thread where I have it posted.  If I update it, it'll be posted there.

Pages: [1]   Go Up