INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Final release soon? Please say it's so!  (Read 2773 times)

kayleigh07

Final release soon? Please say it's so!
« on: January 03, 2007, 12:16:28 pm »

I know someone who has been trying to enter her license code so she can register her version of MC12 but she doesn't know what to do. How do you enter the code to register the software, what are the steps you need to take? When will the final version of MC12 be released? It is January 2007 now and still no final release. I am kinda getting impatient now and I hope the final version will be released in weeks, if not days. Please respond to this message soon! Peace out!

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut

jgreen

Re: Final release soon? Please say it's so!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2007, 12:22:52 pm »

That wiki is looking really slick, G.

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 01:34:08 pm »

It is January 2007 now and still no final release. I am kinda getting impatient now and I hope the final version will be released in weeks, if not days. Please respond to this message soon! Peace out!

What ever for?  It's not like it will magically become perfect because it doesn't have
the word Beta after it any more.  It's more stable/reliable and efficient now than any previous version has been In my opinion.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2007, 02:40:37 pm »

I am kinda getting impatient now and I hope the final version will be released in weeks, if not days. Please respond to this message soon! Peace out!

I thought this question was appropriately answered in your previous thread about the same topic here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=37464.0
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

kayleigh07

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2007, 03:02:14 pm »

No need to get angry with me people. I just want a final release that is very reliable and stable. I don't have much problems with the latest MC12 Beta but it's just that I would like reassurance of ultimate stability and relibility with a final release. Not to knock the betas but when there is a final release it usually means that it more or less has fewer bugs than the betas. Thanks for answering my questions though. If anyone has any theories as to when they think the final version will be released, whether sooner or later I would be glad to hear it.

Peace Out!

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2007, 03:42:41 pm »

No need to get angry with me people.

I didn't get angry... It's hard to interpret tone in a message board posting.   ;D

I was just trying to point out that asking over and over again is extremely unlikely to generate a different response.  I think the best answer you can ever hope to get to your question was given in the first thread you started on this topic (or at least the first one I noticed):

Quote from: hit_ny
June-July  of the year, been that way for the last four versoins. Note that its mostly showstopper bug free at this time, after that only minor bug fixes. At this point they start to work on the next version. Just look at the previous version 11, i think last build was a month or so back. Thats about as final as it gets.

What are the chances they change a working process...not much me thinks.

To which JimH responded:

Quote from: JimH
Zero.  At best.

So... There you have it.  The owner of the company doesn't know when it will be stable and bug-free enough to call "final".  The best guess is June-July of 2007 (based on previous experience), which the owner of the company didn't dispute, but also did not promise.  In all likelihood it won't be anytime soon at all, but it could be tomorrow.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

brainsoup

• World Citizen
  • Sexy! No No No...
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2007, 03:49:30 pm »

No need to get angry with me people. I just want a final release that is very reliable and stable. I don't have much problems with the latest MC12 Beta but it's just that I would like reassurance of ultimate stability and relibility with a final release. Not to knock the betas but when there is a final release it usually means that it more or less has fewer bugs than the betas. Thanks for answering my questions though. If anyone has any theories as to when they think the final version will be released, whether sooner or later I would be glad to hear it.

Peace Out!

I don't think people were getting angry, probably just frustrated as you keep asking questions that have already been answered.

If you do not want to use a beta and would prefer to use a final release then Install and purchase MC11.1 (final release) then upgrade to MC12 when its available (I believe you wouldn't need to pay anything as MC11.1 and MC12 licenses are the same)

Let's not try and rush the beta process. The MC team are working extremely hard to create a piece of software that we can all enjoy. I would personally prefer MC to stay in beta longer as they are always tweaking things and adding new features as well as fixing bugs. The current beta is pretty stable... try it... it probably won't kill your dog (but it still might - that's why the word beta is still there!)

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2007, 03:53:05 pm »

::) Definitely wasn't angry, apologies if it came across that way, was just asking  :)

gappie

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2007, 03:54:41 pm »

i think you are to much focused on the word beta. in my experience every final release of software just means that you can only wait and hope that the next version has less issues than the current one.

mc is work in progress.

use 11 or the version at the top of this page. it is as stable as most good software around and more adaptable than any other media programm. just ignore the start up screen and of you go. and if you have a real issue, post it here and there is a big change that it will be solved in a few days.

modelmaker

« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2007, 04:01:23 pm »

The JRiver Media Center will never really be "finished", it's an ongoing evolution.

When JRiver opens a beta version to the general public, that means that version is stable (99% free of crashes) but additions (and deletions) of features and refinements are still continuing. At some point, JRiver feels they've tinkered enuff with that version and it's time for a break and "release" it. After the break it's time to continue the evolution and the next version starts and eventually becomes public beta again.

So, when MC beta is offerd for sale, you can figure that it's pretty stable at that point and that there shouldn't be any major changes to the app that would cause any instabillities, (there have been exceptions of course, but these have always been quickly fixed). I think you'll find that the public beta that's available, is, in addition to all the new features, just as stable as the previous version (in this case 11.1).

Try it out, enjoy.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2007, 04:39:37 pm »

it's an ongoing evolution.

I Like The Word "Adventure"
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2007, 04:41:46 pm »

Or saga.

johnnyboy

« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2007, 05:07:46 pm »

or drama

phalanthus

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2007, 10:36:02 pm »

;D take the plunge & forget about the word "beta" - it is a great program and currently stable enough

modelmaker

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2007, 12:18:24 am »

I'm ok with saga. :)
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up