INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to save tags in extracted dvd when switching HD  (Read 796 times)

4BYE

• Galactic Citizen
How to save tags in extracted dvd when switching HD
« on: January 13, 2007, 02:58:16 am »

Hello,

I have this problem with my extracted DVD's. When copying a DVD to another HD I loose all the tags like year/actors/director/genre.

Is there a way to avoid this problem? I can imagine when buying a realy large HD I copy hundreds of DVD's to that new drive and I would hate to tag them all over again.

I was thinking about a small file that stores the tags and is located in the folder where the movie is stored.
(XML?) But it should automatically be used by MC when I copy files.

Any idea?

Thanks for any help,

Regards,

Theo

gappie

Re: How to save tags in extracted dvd when switching HD
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2007, 02:46:56 pm »

ive been doin this. you would expect that when you choose the files that are replaced and go to tools>library tools>find and replace, and you choose volume name (deselect all the others) and change the letter, it would work.
but that does not work.

how i do it. i select the files and go to the same find and replace and choose filename (path) in: find what, i type for instance f:\ in replace x:\ and now the library sees those files on the new X: drive. i type the :\ in the find and replace, just to be sure he does not change any other thing in the names. try one or two first. it worked for me.
and backup your library ofcource. 8)
Pages: [1]   Go Up