INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Issues with new "Features" in Theatre View  (Read 1131 times)

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Issues with new "Features" in Theatre View
« on: January 22, 2007, 09:22:02 am »

On top of the icon animation topic mentioned in the last post, I also dont like the fact that some of the navigation logic in theater view has changed from vs11 to vs12.  Example

It use dto be possible clicking the enter key (or Ok key on a remote) wherever you are in theatre view brosing your library and get the context menu to play the selected item / album / category, add to your playing now etc....   Now one only gets this optino after having reached the lowest hierarchy in browsing, ie the list of individual audio files (ape in my case) in a ny given category / album / artist.   I dont find this very logical and would love that we get the "old" navigation way back.

Also, in Vs11, being in Theatre View pressing "esc" got you into Full View, then "Esc" again got you into Normal View.  I find this more logical then the new scheme in Vs12, where pressing "esc" in Theater View gets you straight back into normal view.

Could these two topics be reverted back the way they've been before or any specific reason why things are handled differently now in VS12?

Thanks
BB

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Issues with new "Features" in Theatre View
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 11:29:32 am »

Could these two topics be reverted back the way they've been before or any specific reason why things are handled differently now in VS12?

The navigation changes have been discussed in extreme detail already.  It was changed for good reason.  You can bring up the menu that you're looking for at any time from within Theater View using the "Menu" key (or right mouse button) on your keyboard.  You can easily assign this key to a button on your remote via Girder if you're using a solution like that.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up