INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade MC10 ---> MC12  (Read 898 times)

Bryan

• World Citizen
Upgrade MC10 ---> MC12
« on: January 22, 2007, 11:02:46 am »

I've got MC10 and would like to start using 12.   

Besides upgrading the license (which I assume is done within the product)..   What do I need to consider?

Do I / Should I need to perform any global actions on my existing library ?  Backup of course.. 

I had planned to wait until 12 was released but I'm interested in converting my APE files to FLAC now and since MC can do this easily I am ready to upgrade. 

Any other points to consider before I take the plunge?

bryan

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Upgrade MC10 ---> MC12
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2007, 01:02:16 pm »

Try installing MC12 and see if it won't convert your library. 

Soundman

• World Citizen
  • Go Music!
Re: Upgrade MC10 ---> MC12
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 02:06:46 pm »

Try installing MC12 and see if it won't convert your library. 

For the record, I installed MC12 (build 147), and used it to Open my MC10 library, and it converted it flawlessly.  The upgrade was seamless.  In fact, I can run MC10 and MC12 side-by-side on the same machine (which has proven useful for replicating some of my settings).  You just need to point them at different library directories, since MC10 can't read an MC12 library (I don't think - didn't actually try that).

The only thing that could have been better is automatically preserving some of the config options (like Gapless seeks, thresholds for breaking tracks in Sound Recorder, etc).  But, I'm not complaining - that is very minor consequence of a major version upgrade.

Soundman.
Pages: [1]   Go Up