INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Track Detail/Info Missing in MJ  (Read 789 times)

KrissiL

Track Detail/Info Missing in MJ
« on: August 31, 2002, 11:57:10 am »

Dear MJ Users:

I'm trying to solve a problem that started last night while burning a CD.  I've lost track detail (i.e., artist, album, etc) when I play not only CDs I've burned but also CDs I've bought new; now, I only see a track number and length.  However, when I play MP3s stored on my hard drive, the track detail does show.

I've checked both my CD ROM drives, and the loss of track detail occurs on both.  In addition, the reader/writer CD drive reads other info okay, so I don't think I have a hardware problem.

I completely uninstalled MJ last night and reinstalled a clean version this morning (in case I had a file corruption problem), but that didn't solve the loss of track detail.  Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?  I know this isn't a mjor problem, but it's as frustrating as hell.

KrissiL

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:Track Detail/Info Missing in MJ
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2002, 12:01:42 pm »

>> I'm trying to solve a problem that started last night while
>> burning a CD. I've lost track detail
I take it you burned it as a Audio CD?

Maybe You should have picked "Burn Data CD" and burned the Audio files to the CD.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KrissiL

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2002, 01:21:53 pm »

Yes, I did burn an audio CD.  I've burned about ten of them prior to last night with no track info loss, but I've never had to pick data CD vs. audio.  All info showed as I burned the audio CDs and then afterwards when the CD was finished, which made it much easier when I went to the CD Labeler.  Plus the fact that track detail is missing from all CDS -- burned and store bought!

Any other suggestions?  
KrissiL

KrissiL

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2002, 01:42:11 pm »

P.S.

I just checked the cdplayer.ini file, and all the info is there.  Even the track details for the last CD I burned are there . . .  Therefore, MJ should be able to find the info it needs there.  So why am I still having problems?
KrissiL

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2002, 01:46:05 pm »

no clue
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

LCtheDJ

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2002, 02:19:38 pm »

Using cdplayer.ini to store lots of information is just asking for trouble.  Microsoft decided to limit *.ini files to only 64 kb; any information that tries to increase the file size beyond that is lost.  That's why Audiograbber stopped using cdplayer.ini to store CD info and started to use Discs.txt instead; *txt files do not have a size limit.

I don't know what method MJ uses for storing data about audio CD's, but I hope it goes into MJ's database and not an *.ini file.

KrissiL

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2002, 08:13:55 pm »

Ah Ha . . .  The only reason I've stored in the cdplayer.ini file is because that's where the music info went.  The only reason I ended up looking there is because the track/info instructions in MJ says that's where the Media Jukebox looks for track info first.  Any place to store it, so the info comes up like it used to?
Pages: [1]   Go Up