INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ATTN: Nikolay Sokratov "I Have A Licensing Problem on MJ 7.x"  (Read 773 times)

ciggieoxo

ATTN: Nikolay Sokratov "I Have A Licensing Problem on MJ 7.x"
« on: August 30, 2002, 06:18:53 pm »

Many moons ago, I started using the trial version of MJ ver 7.x a few weeks before version 8 became the standard. My problem is that MJ 8.x will not run on my Dell P3 550 MHz, 512 RAM, and gobs of disk space free. MJ ver. 8.x works marginally but it hangs for a while after it is loaded (it is connecting to the internet for some reason) and the program is impossibly slow in overall functions. I cannot use ver 8 at all.

So after I asked for a way to download ver 7 and you responded quickly (thank you) by placing a version 7 available for downloading. However, when I try to use ver 7.x I'm stuck because do not know how to license it. With the license change in ver 8, what good is a MJ ver. 7.x when all I can get is a ver 8 license? I love MJ. No other program is a unified and complete system for ripping, burning, tagging, organizing, and of course playing music.

In this forum you wrote, "Media Jukebox version 7.x will not be available for purchasing. The download link will be provided for existing users of Media Jukebox 7.x who don't want to upgrade to version 8" Does that mean there is no solution to my problem?

Thank you~!
ciggieoxo

JimH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
RE:ATTN: Nikolay Sokratov
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2002, 06:53:00 pm »

You can use 7.2 in basic mode, but you can't upgrade it to plus.

Something isn't right about your comments on 8.0 being slower.  Your best bet might be to try to solve that.
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RE:ATTN: Nikolay Sokratov
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2002, 02:41:46 am »

>> Does that mean there is no solution to my problem?
1. Reiinstall your current OS
2. Install Windows XP
3. Buy A new computer.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up