INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playback problem  (Read 753 times)

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Playback problem
« on: February 09, 2007, 06:26:29 am »

Foobar2000 is the only other player that might be adequate for classical music.  However, it is a poorly documented hobby project rather than a usable software application.  After you have put in a lot of work configuring it and adding in 3rd party plugins, you still don't have most of the functionality that is built into MC 12.
I use FB2K for very specific tasks, namely very fast mp3 playback, when previewing a list of songs. Say you are looking for that certain sound.

Select the list in MC and drag to FB2k. MC is fine for playing albums in sequence, but try clicking haphazardly around a big playlist, play a few secs, then click somewhere else, repeat, i find MC chokes after a bit, hitting stop seems to be the only way to clear the buffer. This is after matching FB2Ks, buffer settings as close as i can in MC.

FB2K excels at playback on underpowered machines. There is no ..buffering..message at all, playback is instant, regardless of how defragmented the drive is. Something i wish MC could match..(you might find its instant on a faster machine, but try it on a less than fast). Helps that it does not have to save the database every few secs if the Playing Now changes. (Not saying this is a bad thing in MC, sometimes its fast others times not).

For large sized media management, MC is tops, this i would say is MC's forte, prolly the fastest at finding what you want when you want, easily.

you would think this could have been copied and at least matched easily amongst other programs but to date i have not found this to be true.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Playback problem
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 06:47:09 am »

Something isn't right. 

Try removing all third party plug-ins including any third party visualizations.

Turn off all DSP effects and transition effects.
Pages: [1]   Go Up