INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vista Problems  (Read 1092 times)

imitation

• Junior Woodchuck
Vista Problems
« on: February 09, 2007, 09:33:09 am »

MC 12.0.164 is having serios issues with Vista64. The last 2 beta releases worked fine in my old computer but Vista was two much for it and I had to build a new one.

It seem to work fine at first then it came up saying the it couldn't load the library and it might be corupt, so I tried to laod a backup library and in the process it stopped responding, so I closed it and tried to uninstall and the uninstaller stoped reponing, so now it won't run or uninstall.

In MC's defense a few of the drivers, such as sound and video are beta releases so it may be a problem with one of them, however I can't run or uninstall MC now so I need some help with that.

Is there a list of files to delete manually.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Vista Problems
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2007, 09:47:00 am »

It's working fine on Vista.  You may have something else going on.

Try rebooting and re-installing.

imitation

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2007, 01:48:09 pm »

The problem was my library backups are all corrupt :'(

After re-installing I re-imported my files and it seems to have solved the problem.

I got this message after shutting MC down the first time but it hasn't come back so far. A few things to re-organize but that's ok.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2007, 03:06:37 pm »

When I ran the system checker for Vista, it said MC will probably have to be uninstalled before an upgrade.  I installed fresh (I wanted to and had to) and didn't worry about this but this was the only program I remember in the list that mattered to me.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2007, 03:12:15 pm »

On the Vista problems item:

I have dual DVI 1600x1200 monitors on my PCI-E X1300 card.  I also have a single DVI 1600x1200 monitor on a PCI X1300 card.  I am able to run aero glass but performance on that third monitor is terrible!  Moving windows is quite acceptable on monitors 1 and 2 but the second I move a window to the 3rd monitor, it slows way down and really shows hesitation, not to mention slowing my whole system down.  When I disabled aero glass overall, everything sped up a lot!  I will try disabling the 3rd monitor but leaving aero glass on...that may help.  Any ideas, though?  Is it that the PCI card (nearly identical but different bus) is just that much slower or is it the issue that there are two cards data has to go to?  Anything like that?  Easy fix?  lol...  perhaps a Windows Update will help?
Pages: [1]   Go Up