INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bug: Navigation & Display View  (Read 1265 times)

x102020

Bug: Navigation & Display View
« on: February 13, 2007, 06:10:55 pm »

Hey all,

first off, I'm a programmer myself, so props to the guys that made this app!! It's much cleaner and neat compared to MCE.

I was using Meedio in the past, but since the buy-out, have turned to something more mainstream.

I do realize this is a fairly new build so bugs are expected. Anyways, here's what I've found in my few days of playing with it.

My display setup on my pc is dual monitor setup as well as my 27" flat screen on the s-video. I'm running 2 video cards so I can have them all run simultaneously since I don't own an AIW, and I never will (evil ati...or should I say amd? maybe they'll make it better...). Oh, I also don't use an mce controller, I use my logitech gamepad to get around on the tv (it works exactly like the mouse, but with 12 buttons).

I run my j river mc in theatre mode, almost all the time from the tv, I've changed my settings to launch mc in theatre mode as well as set it to jump to the display view when I play a movie. Now the bug I've found is, once in display view, if I left click on the video (to return to the previous mode), it returns me to the main app, and not theatre mode. Kind of annoying to have to define 1 button to go to theatre mode, and another to display mode (as a work around).

My other stickler is that in theatre mode, once you hit 'exit', the entire program should exit, and not return to the main app. also rather annoying. A good idea would be to have the 'exit' button expand into 2 options. 1>exit to app, 2>exit to windows

overall though, I'm very impressed with this program!

thx,

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Bug: Navigation & Display View
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 06:26:06 pm »

SHIFT+F11 to toggle Display View and Theater View.

MC12.exe /Close to exit to windows. Map this via batch script or whatever to your remote. Is this possible for you? Otherwise, you could add this as a custom root menu item to Theater View's menu.

Hope this helps.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 06:26:22 pm »

I run my j river mc in theatre mode, almost all the time from the tv, I've changed my settings to launch mc in theatre mode as well as set it to jump to the display view when I play a movie. Now the bug I've found is, once in display view, if I left click on the video (to return to the previous mode), it returns me to the main app, and not theatre mode.
Can you explain what you mean by "left click on the video"?

Other ways to switch:

F11
Ctrl-1 through Ctrl-4
Esc
Double click

If you can describe what you need, we might be able to help.

maxxsid

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 06:59:53 pm »

I guess the guy wants what others want -
if one wishes Theater View to be the default mode, then it would make sence if it goes Theater View-DisV-Theater View (not back to standard view). Right now it's possible with all those shortcuts but it should be - esc brings back to Theater View (or level back in Theater View). Double-click (Enter, OK) - toggle between full screen and playing now. Exit - exits MC. I am talking about Theater View as a deafult mode here. Many people do not use Theater View that much - they don't need this but it has to be an option.

x102020

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 08:11:23 pm »

I guess the guy wants what others want -
if one wishes Theater View to be the default mode, then it would make sence if it goes Theater View-DisV-Theater View (not back to standard view). Right now it's possible with all those shortcuts but it should be - esc brings back to Theater View (or level back in Theater View). Double-click (Enter, OK) - toggle between full screen and playing now. Exit - exits MC. I am talking about Theater View as a deafult mode here. Many people do not use Theater View that much - they don't need this but it has to be an option.

^^
that's exaclty what I said...Only he said it in english.

I also noticed something else specific to MC12, is it just me, or can it not play 1/2 of my movies? I'm guessing its due to the encoding? They work fine using vlc, wm, bsplayer, etc, etc. Have I missed a switch or something?
Pages: [1]   Go Up