INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cowon D2 doesn't display embedded cover art  (Read 1871 times)

JONCAT

Cowon D2 doesn't display embedded cover art
« on: February 19, 2007, 11:02:47 am »

Cover Art written to tags for Ogg files aren't displayed by the Cowon D2 although some users are reporting that some type of tag is supported by using media monkey.....any thoughts ?

There has to be a cover.jpg in the folder to display cover art....extra space wasted on a small player like this.

DC

JONCAT

Re: Cowon D2 doesn't display embedded cover art
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 11:28:27 am »

Isthere a way to have MC extract the tagged album art and write it to a jpeg file when syncing to a handheld, as opposed to doing all the files on the host PC with a write to folder operation?

DC

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2007, 12:06:41 pm »

Cover Art written to tags for Ogg files aren't displayed by the Cowon D2 although some users are reporting that some type of tag is supported by using media monkey.....any thoughts ?

Unfortunately, Vorbis comments do not have a standard tag for cover art. MC uses a clever proprietary hack. It converts the binary cover art file to a base64 encoded text comment. Recently the AudioShell tag editor/shell extension has adopted the same approach. I don't know what system Media Monkey uses.

The system works with MC, but other players cannot understand this format. Actually, some SW and HW players have playback problems with these large Vorbis comments.

Isthere a way to have MC extract the tagged album art and write it to a jpeg file when syncing to a handheld, as opposed to doing all the files on the host PC with a write to folder operation?

I don't think that is possible.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2007, 04:08:36 pm »

Thanks Alex...I 'll just do a mass write image to file.

DC
Pages: [1]   Go Up