INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "show files" to be remembered... and some other things :)  (Read 1340 times)

carbo

• World Citizen
"show files" to be remembered... and some other things :)
« on: March 01, 2007, 05:02:19 pm »

I really love the improvements of MC12 in the display of artist / album hierarchy, but I still haven't managed to do exactly what I want :p

Here it is:
 - On my first level view i d like to have artists with cover, no files display:

- When double clicking on an artist I'd like to have a view similar to this one: a list of his albums with the files displayed:

But the problem is that you can't have automatically the file displayed in this view and not in the first one. I have to toggle it manually. Would it be possible to have the "file display" parameter remembered by the view (like thumbnail size) ?

* Additionally in my album view, the display of a large thumbnail for all the tracks of an album is really nice. What would make it perfect would be to be able to select all files of the album by clicking on it and playing them with double click.

I take advantage of my first post to also put some thoughts in the co-existence between audio and images inside MC :)

* when exiting the display of an image, I always have to switch the display in "playing now" back to "cover art".
An option "revert to previous display when exiting image view" would be nice.

* I would like to tag my pictures while listening to music. But for now, when you play music you don't have a way to display image information. I would mainly want to see the image name and to set its rating.

* Finally, to be able to set a playlist as screensaver (or an automatic launch of a playlist when MC is running and computer idle for x minutes) would be the cherry on the cake  :P

Anyway i really want to say how much i love media center. I've never seen a program offering so much features and consistently imagining new ones. I have just discovered tabs yesterday and i was like a kid discovering a new toy !  ;D

Thanks a lot,

Guillaume

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: "show files" to be remembered... and some other things :)
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 11:55:48 pm »

Thanks for the kind words.

I'm not sure if it helps, but you can pick "Always show files" in the "Options" submenu at the top of the view.  Currently it's not remembered per view.  Also, double-click quickly drills into a grouping, so getting the file list should be quick. (since at the last level, double-click shows files)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up