INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Do I Get The MC Icon Back As My Default Cover Art?  (Read 1753 times)

snapperocks

• World Citizen
How Do I Get The MC Icon Back As My Default Cover Art?
« on: March 12, 2007, 05:55:24 am »

Has this happened to any other Interacters? I'm fed up with the cover of Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant attaching itself to every MP3 file I import that doesn't have already have a cover. Its crazy I have deleted the offending cover and yet it still persist. Minor you may think but its the little things that drive you to distraction and drink. Advice earnestly sought.
As an aside I had trouble reconciling Vista with MC and a hosts of other programs, so I have returned to XP till Microsoft play the game.  :(
Thanks for helping.

Media Center Registered 12.0.179 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3398 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 981 MB, Free - 431 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive H: ASUS    DRW-1608P3S       Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive H: ASUS     DRW-1608P3S        Addr: 4:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:
nlc

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: How Do I Get The MC Icon Back As My Default Cover Art?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 07:26:16 am »

You may have a folder.jpg file in the directory (that Windows created).  Try renaming it.  It may be a "hidden" file.

snapperocks

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 06:12:42 am »

Bump
Sorry Jim I can't find this file in the directory can you or anyone else offer a suggestion exactly where I should look?
Thanks  :)
nlc

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2007, 06:36:42 am »

Has this happened to any other Interacters? I'm fed up with the cover of Arlo Guthrie's Alice's Restaurant attaching itself to every MP3 file I import that doesn't have already have a cover. Its crazy I have deleted the offending cover and yet it still persist. Minor you may think but its the little things that drive you to distraction and drink. Advice earnestly sought.

You should provide a bit more information.

- What are the exact settings you have in Options > File Location > Track Images location ?

- Where do you keep your correct cover art files?

- Do you see this wrong image consistently everywhere inside MC: in the file browser (in the main pain), in the tooltips, in Action Window > Tag (small image on the top left corner), in Action Window > Tag when the you click the small image to enlarge it and in the main display in Playing Now when display is set to "Cover Art"?

- What is the value of the "Image File" field when you select an audio file that has the wrong cover art? (You can see the field contents in Action Window > Tag when you select "show all tags" or you can add the field to a view scheme.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Holmestead222

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 06:59:35 am »

I have had this problem too. The "folder.jpg" can't seem to be found even showing hidden files in Windows. I have tried many times with all settings and still have the same problem. I have re-created a clean new folder and that works for a while. Then it starts all over again.
What I so is make a schema adding "image" to show. You can then filter by "inside file" or "folder.jpg". Select the "folder.jpg" then select all files and delete all images. This will clean it out until new files are imported. There seems to be a problem as I have commented and had no response with updating tags. The program won't update the tags unless you de a reload.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 09:20:38 am »

Try a search on folder.jpg at google.  You should find more info there.

snapperocks

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 06:46:10 pm »

You should provide a bit more information.

- What are the exact settings you have in Options > File Location > Track Images location ?

- Where do you keep your correct cover art files?

- Do you see this wrong image consistently everywhere inside MC: in the file browser (in the main pain), in the tooltips, in Action Window > Tag (small image on the top left corner), in Action Window > Tag when the you click the small image to enlarge it and in the main display in Playing Now when display is set to "Cover Art"?

- What is the value of the "Image File" field when you select an audio file that has the wrong cover art? (You can see the field contents in Action Window > Tag when you select "show all tags" or you can add the field to a view scheme.)

Hi Alex
C:\Program Files\J River\Cover Art\ C:\My Music\My Music\
The file is there in every situation there is no existing cover. When a file is playing with the normal cover art for that album. The first file tag is C:\Program Files\J River\Cover Art, the following files are under Inside File. The unwanted and incorrect file Is under the Image File as Folder. jpg . I did a search for Folder. jpg and located 3 jpg cover art files none that were Arlo Guthrie. I deleted them anyway. I also need to tell you that when I play songs from my My Music without a cover I do get the MC default. Its when I play a CD or download music that this is at its worst.
nlc

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2007, 07:08:49 pm »

If the "Image File" field contains only "Folder.jpg" (or any other filename without a path) then the link points to the same folder where the music files are. If the image is linked from some other folder then the full path is always visible in the "Image File" field - for example: C:\Program Files\J River\Cover Art\Artist - Album.jpg.

Did you try to search for hidden and system files? The Windows Explorer search has an option for including them in the "More advanced optons" drop-down list.

EDIT

If the field value is "Inside File" that should mean that the image is actually inside the file tags. However, that is not possible with Audio CDs and it would be rather odd if downloaded files would automatically get that image file inside the tags.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

snapperocks

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2007, 07:17:15 pm »

If the "Image File" field contains only "Folder.jpg" (or any other filename without a path) then the link points to the same folder where the music files are. If the image is linked from some other folder then the full path is always visible in the "Image File" field - for example: C:\Program Files\J River\Cover Art\Artist - Album.jpg

Did you try to search for hidden and system files? The Windows Explorer search has an option for including them in the "More advanced optons" drop-down list.

Yes I included hidden and system files in the advanced search
nlc

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2007, 07:32:20 pm »

Unfortunately, I am running out of answers. You would need to find out where the image comes from. It must be somewhere. Then we could try to figure out why MC uses it.

Holmestead222

• Recent member
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 08:25:08 pm »

MC12 isn't the only program doing this. I have tried Helium and it loads the same "folder.jpg" cover art. I expect it's some kind of a windows issue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up