INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vista & m4a files issues  (Read 790 times)

druptight

• Recent member
Vista & m4a files issues
« on: March 18, 2007, 09:02:22 pm »

So i just got a new computer with Vista, and was going to attempt to make this the home for my music.

I got everything transferred over and am trying to import everything.  The first import I did, I forgot to check the m4a box (about half of my 9000 songs are m4a format).  So it imported all my mp3's, 4000+ in a matter of 2 or 3 minutes, as expected.  I then went in and checked the m4a box, and clicked import.  This immediately sent Vista into basic mode.  Additionally, it takes FOREVER to import the songs.  It just got through about 460 songs in a little under 2 hours.  Anyone have any idea what's causing vista to go to basic, and why it's importing so slowly?

Initially I was using MC11's most recent build, and when it kicked vista into basic I thought maybe I need MC12 to be fully compatible with Vista.... but the same issues exist with 12.  Please advise.

Thanks

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Vista & m4a files issues
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 09:04:15 pm »

It may be a bad Directshow filter.  Please read about M4A in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39509.0

druptight

• Recent member
Re: Vista & m4a files issues
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 09:16:49 pm »

I downloaded the suggested splitters and filters and it seems to be working better now.  It's still slower than mp3 importing however.  It did kick itself into basic mode after about 115 songs, but does seem to be running smoother.

Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up