INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.233  (Read 9489 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.233
« on: May 17, 2007, 09:28:59 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120233.exe

12.0.233 (5/16/07)

1. Fixed: Picking "Eject" on a drive that was playing in a non-current zone would eject without confirmation.
2. Changed: Stopping of playback when shutting down or switching libraries didn't propagate to all playback zones.
3. Fixed: Video bookmarks would not be preserved for the last playing file when Media Center was closed.
4. Fixed: "1088i" was displayed in OSD when playing 1080i digital TV.
5. Fixed: In DirectX video playback, OSD "Play" was not displayed when changing from Pause to Play (introduced recently).
6. Changed: Revised how Windows Media and Windows Media Device code gets loaded. (hopefully an internal change only, but please report any problems)
7. Fixed: When browsing for Internet Radio sites in Web Media, choices box would pop up prematurely for some sites.
8. NEW: Theater View message boxes can be dismissed by hitting the first letter of a button. (so y/n for Yes/No questions)
9. Fixed: Smarlist Editor wasn't handling URL's correctly.
10. Fixed: Smarlist Editor wasn't handling the 'Year' field correctly.
11. Fixed: Unable to import iTunes playlists saved as txt files.
12. Fixed: YouTube, Google Video, etc. web links (that weren't downloaded) would not transfer to a handheld device properly.
13. Changed: Renamed JRThumb.exe to JRWorker.exe.
14. NEW: Pix01 added to Web Media (Image) featured websites.
15. Fixed: In some cases, having an ignored device connected to the system could cause the player to not get full information for other, non-ignored devices.
16. NEW: Handheld enumeration is handled by JRWorker.exe so bad devices or device drives can't crash or hang Media Center.
17. Fixed: With Startup > Last Location selected, closing the program at a handheld view could cause a crash on restart.

12.0.232 Internal build only

12.0.231 (5/14/07)

1. Fixed: Burst of audio for a couple of seconds at the start of scheduled digital TV recording.
2. Fixed: User selections for file associations are no longer applied during program startup to avoid UAC issues. (go to Options > File Associations and click "OK" to set or remove associations)

12.0.230 (5/14/07)

1. Fixed: DSP Studio had an extra semi-colon in the "JRSS ..." surround sound selection.
2. Changed: The Theater View option for showing the Home button was not being honored.
3. Fixed: In some cases, the player would incorrectly return to Standard View instead of Theater View when stopping in Display View.
4. Changed: Revised some of the wording in File Location and Library & Folders options.
5. Changed: File Associations handled via package installer.  Should allow them to be set with Vista UAC.  (With a popup.)
6. Fixed: DVD ripping was broken.
7. Fixed: Theater View RSS and Weather plugins use the same font as other areas of Theater View. (fixes bottoms of letters possibly getting cutoff)
8. Changed: Renamed Theater View "RSS" plugin to "News".
9. Fixed: In very large Theater View lists, scrolling wouldn't always work as expected.
10. Changed: Theater View "Playing Now" button will keep the picture-in-picture using a 16x9 ratio when changing font sizes.
11. Changed: Theater View popup dialogs honor size settings, and work better with large font sizes.
12. Fixed: When navigating into an item in Theater View, the list of files will get the focus.
13. NEW: Added Comedy Central Jokes to the Theater View RSS plugin.
14. Fixed: Removing an added "featured" website while it was selected caused a crash.

12.0.229 (5/11/07)

1. Changed: DVD bookmarks are now saved in the "Bookmark" database field instead of as a separate file.
2. Changed: Bookmarks are stored as a file plays so that a sudden crash or loss of power will preserve the last played position.
3. Changed: The "Bookmark" field can be cleared to erase a bookmark for a DVD, movie, etc.
4. NEW: Pressing "Stop" while the player is already stopped will clear the bookmark for the last file that played.
5. Fixed: "Podcasts" wasn't getting translated in the tree.
6. Fixed: Tooltips in the options pages could fight with editing of long values.
7. NEW: Added Now() expression function for returning the current date / time.
8. NEW: The Action Window > Camera > Options path supports expressions with Now() in them. (i.e. C:\My Pictures\FormatDate(Now(), year)\FormatDate(Now(), yyyy-MM-dd)\)
   (please note that file-based expression fields likst [Artist], etc. are not available on camera acquire since this information isn't available until AFTER the acquire)
9. Fixed: Visualizations could display a track count that was off by one. (i.e. 0 of 13 instead of 1 of 13)
10. Changed: Panes based on playlists support playlist groups.
11. Fixed: Panes based on playlists could include files of other playlists that started with the same name.
12. Fixed: Issuing an MCC_PLAY_TV command while MC was playing in display view would cause MC to exit to standard view when finished playing TV.
13. Fixed: Issuing an MCC_PLAY_TV command while TV is already playing would cause a message box to erroneously appear saying "No channels are found." (introduced in build 228).

12.0.228 (5/10/07)

1. Fixed: Some actions involving list controls could crash. (introduced in 227)
2. Fixed: Double-clicking a disk location pane to go into a folder no longer keeps the old non-sensical selection in the list.
3. Changed: When using a view scheme with a letter grouping of a list-type field, graphical browsing didn't filter the same as the panes.
4. Changed: Media Center displays a confirmation when adding a virtual device at a location that already contains files.
5. Fixed: When converting CUE file tracks, the resulting output files get tagged from the metadata of the CUE entry instead of the blank metadata from the source file.
6. Changed: Reordered the Options > File Location dialog.
7. Fixed: If TV control is already loaded but not yet playing, the MCC_PLAY_TV command would not start playing a channel (introduced in build 226).
8. Changed: MC will display a message box if MCC_PLAY_TV command is issued when there is no channel to play (i.e. channels have not been scanned yet).
9. NEW: (Web Media) Option to Edit/Remove "Featured" websites that have been added by user.
10. Changed: Options > Playback nests DVD and DirectShow settings under "Video".
11. NEW: Reworked the Options > File Location dialog. (still a work in progress)
12. Changed: "FFDShow Raw Video Filter" is used instead of "FFDShow MPEG-4 Video Decoder" for DVD and TV postprocessing.

12.0.227 (5/9/07)

1. NEW: PackageInstaller.exe and SetupComplete.exe are now signed.
2. Fixed: JRShellExt.dll should be registered (or unregistered) corretly under vista with UAC.
3. Fixed: Transferring Audible files to devices was not working.
4. NEW: Option to Add websites to Web Media Featured websites.
5. Fixed: Import no longer reports dvds have changed when they have not.
6. Fixed: Smartlist Editor: Tab order wasn't working correctly.
7. Fixed: Smartlist Editor: Hitting 'Enter' or 'Escape' will exit the dialog.
8. NEW: Added option "Last Location" to Options > Startup > Location.
9. NEW: When "Last Location" is selected, all tabs are preserved between sessions.
10. Changed: MCC_PLAY_TV command will do nothing if TV is already playing.
11. Fixed: TV would exit to Standard View upon stopping even if it started in Theater View, if an MCC_PLAY_TV commmand was sent to it while it already was playing.

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
Re: Media Center 12.0.233
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2007, 09:48:05 am »

This has got some good new stuff!  I'm sad that my requests didn't get in before this release, though.  Question: How do you determine when to post a new release?  It seems like every 5 dot releases or so you post one.  But sometimes you wait 10 or 20.  Just curious...

winniew

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2007, 10:48:10 am »

9. Fixed: Smarlist Editor wasn't handling URL's correctly.
Thanks for the quick fix. Works now as expected.

8. NEW: Added option "Last Location" to Options > Startup > Location.
9. NEW: When "Last Location" is selected, all tabs are preserved between sessions.
:)

MusicHawk

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 11:22:37 am »

Installing this update lost my registration. It says I need to buy or restore.

All I did was download and run the install, exactly as I've done all the prior 12.0.x releases.

I know I can do an online license restore, but why do I need to?

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

LonWar

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2007, 11:49:17 am »

All I did was download and run the install, exactly as I've done all the prior 12.0.x releases.

Did you change your computer name, or change your clock?
-

MusicHawk

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2007, 12:44:09 pm »

>> Did you change your computer name?

MAYBE... I recall it was changed some time ago (to be more consistent with other computers on the LAN), but perhaps not restarted until last night. After being always-on for a long time, I powered off for six days while on a trip. I restarted it last night and did the MC 12.0.233 upgrade this morning. The computer's clock is auto-set and is correct, as it always is.

It's an XP WinMediaCenter machine that's been running MC 12.0.x for months (my last restore was to put MC on this PC, transferred from my old PC).

I install every new version of MC, usually the same day it's made available. Today I did exactly as I always do.

I'm not running any exotic or new software.

If changing the name of the computer wiped out my MC license, that's scary because it's the only software I've encountered that cares what the PC's name is. I work with hundreds of computers (not running MC, of course) every day and have never encountered any problem with changing names other than sometimes messing up Windows network neighborhood bookmarks.

Is this behavior in MC documented? What about the computer's name matters: exact spelling, capitalization, nickname? Is there any recovery short of restoring the license? I searched and can't find any mention of the computer's name as a factor in MC installation or behavior. Did I miss it somewhere?

If MC really does require that the computer's name be unchanged after MC is installed, that seems like a really poor system. The computer's name is in the user's control, so how does this protect MC? Wouldn't it be a lot better if MC uses something more stable to lock on to, such as MAC or CPU serial number or something? After all, if the license is locked to the computer name, something readily changeable by the user, it's a very weak lock. And if the license is NOT locked to the name, then why cause the user a problem for no reason?

I'm hoping to hear an official explanation before I use up a restore to recover from what might be MC's undocumented (mis)behavior.

Managing my media with JRiver since Media Jukebox 8 (maybe earlier), currently use Media Center for Audio/Music and Photos/Videos.
My career in media spans Radio, TV, Print, Photography, Music, Film, Online, Live, Advertising, as producer, director, writer, performer, editor, engineer, executive, owner. An exhausting but amazing ride.

rjm

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2007, 12:49:00 pm »

:) Import no longer reports DVDs have changed  :)
Confirming this has been fixed. Thank you!

-----------------

I reported earlier that txt files no longer import. This problem still exists and has gotten worse. When I manually import a txt file I now get a consistent crash with the following error message:

"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Program: C...
This application has requested the Runtme to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

I am running XP pro.

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Mouse driver wasn't found, right click to continue
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2007, 12:49:42 pm »

I've still no audio in Tv-Mode.... I hoped it would get fixed but ...

I have to use a other software for Tv

tn1
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
-- Albert Einstein

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2007, 01:06:43 pm »

I've still no audio in Tv-Mode.... I hoped it would get fixed but ...

I have to use a other software for Tv

tn1
Please use this thread (and reply to Yaobing):
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=34918.msg276783#msg276783

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2007, 01:04:59 am »

Bonjour !

Where is the version 12.0.232, please ?

Thanks.

Jean-Marc

bbrip

• Galactic Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2007, 03:50:18 am »

Regarding your ongoing work on re-defining the storage-location options:

As suggested before, it would be great to be able to define seperate storage locations by file type, ie for audio, video, pictures.

I would assume that I am not the only one who keeps his files on seperate locations / disks depending on whether its audio files or movies.

Thanks for giving this some thought     :D

BBrip

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2007, 03:56:51 am »

Bonjour !

Where is the version 12.0.232, please ?

Users not a part of the beta team don't get access to all builds (like me and you).

The previus build you may download is 226:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40485.0
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2007, 04:24:05 am »

I tested this, and number of tabs are preserved, but all shows "start"...
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 05:34:50 am »

Could some users please confirm whether or not the Library Server client is broken for you in this version?  Starting with build 229, my library server client sees most of the songs as "missing" due to the fact that the path on the client leaves off the "m01p://192.168..." part of the path (i.e. it tries to use the path as it is on the server, which is not the correct path from the client machine.)  Reverting to 228 fixes the issue, and all builds 229 or higher cause it to happen.  If somebody else could confirm this issue, it would really help.

Thanks,

Larry

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 06:21:54 am »

@Larry...

[EDITED, shouldn't post while cooking]

Yes, I can confirm this is happening to me also.

C.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2007, 06:37:13 am »

Minor bug: When a track change happens, transparent mini view returns to non-transparent and stays that way untill media center has been focused. 

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2007, 06:58:27 am »

Fixed: Smartlist Editor: Hitting 'Enter' or 'Escape' will exit the dialog.

Now, the 'Enter' key is overly aggressive and does not execute a button when the current focus is on a button (like Import, Export, Help, etc.).  So, now it is impossible to just tab on to a button and press <Enter> to execute that button.

Also, 'Escape' does not work (nothing happens) when you are in one of the Rules fields (2nd or 3rd one depending on the type of rule).

JONCAT

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2007, 07:23:34 am »

I have been dealing with this bug on both machines for about two months.

Sometimes all Tile thumbs are not shown, and if you double click on any Tile at this point MC locks up.

This started to happen after the thumbnail rebuild in which I reported seeing a large increase in thumbnail cache size for no apparent reason.

As reported, my x64 seem to have been related to a 3gb thumb cache which when rebuilt totaled about 380mb.

DC

Media Center Registered 12.0.226 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1786 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 136 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: HL-DT-STRW/DVD GCC-4240N  Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive N:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4240N   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
  Playing Now (Active)

LonWar

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2007, 07:48:54 am »

>> Did you change your computer name?

MAYBE... I recall it was changed some time ago (to be more consistent with other computers on the LAN), but perhaps not restarted until last night. After being always-on for a long time, I powered off for six days while on a trip. I restarted it last night and did the MC 12.0.233 upgrade this morning. The computer's clock is auto-set and is correct, as it always is.

It's an XP WinMediaCenter machine that's been running MC 12.0.x for months (my last restore was to put MC on this PC, transferred from my old PC).

I install every new version of MC, usually the same day it's made available. Today I did exactly as I always do.

I'm not running any exotic or new software.

If changing the name of the computer wiped out my MC license, that's scary because it's the only software I've encountered that cares what the PC's name is. I work with hundreds of computers (not running MC, of course) every day and have never encountered any problem with changing names other than sometimes messing up Windows network neighborhood bookmarks.

Is this behavior in MC documented? What about the computer's name matters: exact spelling, capitalization, nickname? Is there any recovery short of restoring the license? I searched and can't find any mention of the computer's name as a factor in MC installation or behavior. Did I miss it somewhere?

If MC really does require that the computer's name be unchanged after MC is installed, that seems like a really poor system. The computer's name is in the user's control, so how does this protect MC? Wouldn't it be a lot better if MC uses something more stable to lock on to, such as MAC or CPU serial number or something? After all, if the license is locked to the computer name, something readily changeable by the user, it's a very weak lock. And if the license is NOT locked to the name, then why cause the user a problem for no reason?

I'm hoping to hear an official explanation before I use up a restore to recover from what might be MC's undocumented (mis)behavior.

Anytime there has been posts about lost licenses it is always been either a chnage of the clock or a change in the computer name.

Maybe Jim or Matt can chime in here, or you can create a new post.
-

trott

• World Citizen
« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2007, 08:18:10 am »

I upgraded from build 222 to this build just now, and every single time I start up MC, it completely freezes on me after about 10 seconds. I tried a reboot and turning off the auto-importer. The logs don't tell me much...This is on Vista (crash log is here).

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2007, 08:37:49 am »

I upgraded from build 222 to this build just now, and every single time I start up MC, it completely freezes on me after about 10 seconds. I tried a reboot and turning off the auto-importer. The logs don't tell me much...This is on Vista (crash log is here).
Try turning off podcasts.   We think we've got a fix for this in a build we're testing.

Amadan

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mine. Mine. Mine.
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2007, 10:23:58 am »

Hi,

Did you change your computer name, or change your clock?

just to let you know: i had the same problem when installing Version 226. I never had that effect before. And no: i didn't change anything relevant on my computer (neither time nor computer name). I thought, "well, don't ask...", declared it as a phenomenon and restored my license online.

BTW: 'm running Vista Ultimate with UAC disabled and i never had any problems with MC so far

bye,
Stefan

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2007, 11:24:07 am »

From 226 thread:
There's some problem with the support of the Year field of ID3v1 tags (for MP3s).  When changed via MC, the Year is not saved when changed.  It changes in MC, but not in the MP3 file itself.  Consequently, if you do Update Library (from tag), the Year reverts to its prior value.  I have ID3v2 tag support turned off (delete if existing), fyi.  I've noticed this for a few months now, but decided I'd mention the bug now.

I just retested with 233 build and it's still a tagging bug.

New Vermaje

• World Citizen
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2007, 03:26:01 pm »

Version 12.0.232 :

This version is not described .

Please...

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2007, 03:27:05 pm »

@Larry...

[EDITED, shouldn't post while cooking]

Yes, I can confirm this is happening to me also.

C.

Thanks for posting -- it REALLY helps when others confirm this sort of thing.  Until others confirm things like this, the suspicion is that it could be a fluke on a single users' machine.  Once it is confirmed by other users, however, this possibility is eliminated.

The original report from someone at JR said that they couldn't reproduce this, but they recently posted again saying they got it to happen on one of their systems.  They said that a fix should be available soon -- hopefully Monday.

Thanks again,

Larry

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2007, 03:29:28 pm »

Users not a part of the beta team don't get access to all builds (like me and you).

Just to let you know, there was never a 232 build in the beta forum either.  This build number was skipped for some reason.

Larry

risingdamp

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2007, 05:44:46 pm »

3. Fixed: In some cases, the player would incorrectly return to Standard View instead of Theater View when stopping in Display View.

That got me excited thinking it may fix the similar problem when playing files remotely via NR but not so.  It's a real showstopper for a HTPC set up with MC, G-Force and an NR front end.  Would really appreciate if it could be looked at.  Hopefully an easy fix?
JLee

rjm

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2007, 06:23:15 pm »

Just a heads up that something seems to be really broken in 233 Podcasts.

I have not had time to pin down the details but I am seeing failed downloads, downloads that look like they have completed but then will not play, and I have lost the history on all of my feeds.

Luigi1943

• World Citizen
  • I'd rather be sailing
« Reply #28 on: May 19, 2007, 08:43:31 am »

Since a few releases I'm no longer able to open document files (txt files). Txt files are regularly imported, but can't be played. Txt files already imported are no longer visible under the "Data" category, but only under the "Playlist" category. The "Documents" category has disappeared. Htm files can be regularly open.
It worked perfectly before. I'm not sure, but I think that this problem started with 12.0.226. Another possibility is that the problem started when I downloaded the Flac input plug-in. I've recently set Mozilla as my standard browser.
Tks for help
Luigi

Media Center Registered 12.0.233 -- C:\Programmi\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1894 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 115 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive F: PIONEER DVD-ROM DVD-120S  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive G:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive G: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-4040B   Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

Luigi1943

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #29 on: May 19, 2007, 09:02:39 am »

I have notised this txt problem too. Here is what I posted in the closed beta forum:

.txt

Imported .txt files have media type "Playlist". They do not appear under the Documents tree category.

EDIT

This happens when I import txt files by "Right Click > Import" in Playing Now or in Drive & Devices.

Seems like the Auto-Importer does not import txt files at all. I think someone already reported this elsewhere.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

rjm

« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2007, 06:26:05 pm »

A problem seems to have been introduced in "Fill Properties From Filename".

In the past "[Name] - [Artist]" would respect the spaces before and after the hyphen.

It now seems to ignore the spaces. In other words, the following two filenames populate the same Name and Artist:

Beatles-Abbey Road.mp3
Beatles - Abbey Road.mp3

I think this should be fixed to behave like it used to where the first file name without spaces would populate Name with "Beatles-Abbey Road" and leave Album unchanged.

I very frequently rely on the presence or absence of spaces when parsing strings.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2007, 08:05:12 am »

A problem seems to have been introduced in "Fill Properties From Filename".

In the past "[Name] - [Artist]" would respect the spaces before and after the hyphen.

It now seems to ignore the spaces. In other words, the following two filenames populate the same Name and Artist:

Beatles-Abbey Road.mp3
Beatles - Abbey Road.mp3

I think this should be fixed to behave like it used to where the first file name without spaces would populate Name with "Beatles-Abbey Road" and leave Album unchanged.

I very frequently rely on the presence or absence of spaces when parsing strings.

I tried the following quickly.

Fill properties from filename: [Artist] - [Name]

The B-52's - Good Stuff.mp3  worked fine and resulted Artist: The B-52's and Name: Good Stuff
The B-52's.mp3  resulted Artist: The B and Name: 52's

Fill properties from filename: [Artist] - [Album] - [Name]

The B-52's - Good Stuff.mp3  resulted Artist: The B-52's, Album: empty and Name: empty
The B-52's-Good Stuff.mp3  resulted Artist: The B, Album: 52's and Name: Good Stuff

It looks like MC12 tries to be clever.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

geoptin

• World Citizen
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2007, 03:00:43 pm »

"I upgraded from build 222 to this build just now, and every single time I start up MC, it completely freezes on me after about 10 seconds. I tried a reboot and turning off the auto-importer. The logs don't tell me much..."

Hi,
Same thing happens to me, too. Here's the log:
Description:
  A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   AppHangB1
  Application Name:   Media Center 12.exe
  Application Version:   12.0.233.0
  Application Timestamp:   464b704b
  Hang Signature:   d344
  Hang Type:   0
  OS Version:   6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1032
  Additional Hang Signature 1:   9aa887c9412de5661aa1469ceeccd89f
  Additional Hang Signature 2:   4a9d
  Additional Hang Signature 3:   c607fed896c3d46c6ddff9d99260368b
  Additional Hang Signature 4:   d344
  Additional Hang Signature 5:   9aa887c9412de5661aa1469ceeccd89f
  Additional Hang Signature 6:   4a9d
  Additional Hang Signature 7:   c607fed896c3d46c6ddff9d99260368b

Read our privacy statement:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Media Center Registered 12.0.233 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0  (Build 6000)
Intel Pentium 4 2983 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1571 MB, Free - 785 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16448 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6000 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6000 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive I: PLEXTOR DVD-ROM PX-130A   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive H: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182D   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:Yes

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)
geoptin

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2007, 04:26:28 pm »

I cannot seem to get any connection to Library Server with this version. The library server log on the server, doesn't even appear to show any attempted connections. Shutting down and restarting MC has no effect on this behavior.

Are there any other specific details I could provide that would be helpful.

rjm

« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2007, 05:34:35 pm »

Just a heads up that something seems to be really broken in 233 Podcasts.

I have not had time to pin down the details but I am seeing failed downloads, downloads that look like they have completed but then will not play, and I have lost the history on all of my feeds.

Update on my observations...

A few days ago a bunch of podcasts I manually selected to download only completed about 5% and then MC reported they were correctly "on disk". Today I manually deleted via Windows Explorer the incomplete files, then reimported all to fix the broken links I created by deleting the files, then re-downloaded the same podcasts.

All seems to be ok now. I do not understand why a few days ago the same podcasts only partially downloaded and MC reported they were on disk.

rjm

« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2007, 05:38:06 pm »

I tried the following quickly.

Fill properties from filename: [Artist] - [Name]

The B-52's - Good Stuff.mp3  worked fine and resulted Artist: The B-52's and Name: Good Stuff
The B-52's.mp3  resulted Artist: The B and Name: 52's

Fill properties from filename: [Artist] - [Album] - [Name]

The B-52's - Good Stuff.mp3  resulted Artist: The B-52's, Album: empty and Name: empty
The B-52's-Good Stuff.mp3  resulted Artist: The B, Album: 52's and Name: Good Stuff

It looks like MC12 tries to be clever.

Thanks Alex.

If your conclusion is correct, then in my opinion MC is trying to be too clever. I think string parsing should be deterministic and should do exactly what I specify.

Garethster

• Recent member
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2007, 05:39:55 pm »

Same problem here. Have uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled to no avail - freezes up completely after ~10 seconds. Running under VISTA Ultimate with Nvidia 8800GTS (latest drivers). Can anyone help please?

"I upgraded from build 222 to this build just now, and every single time I start up MC, it completely freezes on me after about 10 seconds. I tried a reboot and turning off the auto-importer. The logs don't tell me much..."

Hi,
Same thing happens to me, too. Here's the log:
Description:
  A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   AppHangB1
  Application Name:   Media Center 12.exe
  Application Version:   12.0.233.0
  Application Timestamp:   464b704b
  Hang Signature:   d344
  Hang Type:   0
  OS Version:   6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
  Locale ID:   1032
  Additional Hang Signature 1:   9aa887c9412de5661aa1469ceeccd89f
  Additional Hang Signature 2:   4a9d
  Additional Hang Signature 3:   c607fed896c3d46c6ddff9d99260368b
  Additional Hang Signature 4:   d344
  Additional Hang Signature 5:   9aa887c9412de5661aa1469ceeccd89f
  Additional Hang Signature 6:   4a9d
  Additional Hang Signature 7:   c607fed896c3d46c6ddff9d99260368b

Read our privacy statement:
  http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=50163&clcid=0x0409
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Media Center Registered 12.0.233 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows Vista 6.0  (Build 6000)
Intel Pentium 4 2983 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1571 MB, Free - 785 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16448 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6000 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6000 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive I: PLEXTOR DVD-ROM PX-130A   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive H: TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182D   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  BurnProof:Yes

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Interface Plugins:
  Library Server (Active)
  TiVo Server (Active)
  UPnP Server (Active)

JONCAT

« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2007, 08:58:51 pm »

Display bug:

Noire skin w/ negative effect applied results in black font on black background of Tab header (Split View>Tabs).

DC

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2007, 02:36:47 am »

crashing for me also a few seconds after startup.

I thought it was to do with connecting my handheld, but it doesn't seem to be.

The Windows XP error says it's a problem with interfacing to ntdll.dll, but I guess that doesn't help much...

I wasn't sure what was meant by "disabling podcasts", so I turned of auto-downloading, but that didn't make any difference.

Then I disabled the feature under advanced settings, but that didn't help either.

I've currently gone back to .219, which is what I was using before, and it's fine again.

trott

• World Citizen
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2007, 04:43:59 am »

about the crashing after startup thing: I went back to build 222 which went without a problem. However, the update window popped up and I updated to build 226. That one also has the crash problem. Maybe it's something with the new theater view changes?

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2007, 09:29:42 am »

I cannot seem to get any connection to Library Server with this version. The library server log on the server, doesn't even appear to show any attempted connections. Shutting down and restarting MC has no effect on this behavior.

Try the tests here:

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/Library_Server#Tracking_Down_Problems

and start a new thread with the results.

Thanks,

j

rjm

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2007, 03:59:46 pm »

I observed several crashes today. Very unusual since I have been using 233 for 4 days without a problem. I did nothing other than start MC, minimize it, and restore it. The crash occured during the restore.

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2007, 06:32:52 pm »

Could some users please confirm whether or not the Library Server client is broken for you in this version?  Starting with build 229, my library server client sees most of the songs as "missing" due to the fact that the path on the client leaves off the "m01p://192.168..." part of the path (i.e. it tries to use the path as it is on the server, which is not the correct path from the client machine.)  Reverting to 228 fixes the issue, and all builds 229 or higher cause it to happen.  If somebody else could confirm this issue, it would really help.

Thanks,

Larry

Just to update anybody following this, this issue is fixed in build 237.

Larry

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2007, 10:34:35 pm »

Please send a JRiver log (Help > Logging) to matt at jriver dot com.

Thanks!
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2007, 11:09:00 pm »

Are there any other specific details I could provide that would be helpful.

My bad, I had the wrong IP address for the server. Doh!

Chili-Jam

• World Citizen
  • same same ... but different
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2007, 06:23:04 am »

MC12 doesn't terminate properly on Windows XP MCE.
When i close MC i takes awhile until the mainwindow disapears.
But i keeps mc12.exe in memory. I can't start MC again until
i kill the previous process with taskmanager. I happens often but strangely
not everytime.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2007, 11:24:53 am »

Hi Trott,

This is the same Nero problem we've seen before.  It's better described here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39565.0

We still hope Nero will fix this, as it makes life tricky for us.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up