INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 12.0.207  (Read 8806 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Media Center 12.0.207
« on: April 05, 2007, 11:02:23 am »

This is the latest version of MC 12.0.  Any MC12.0 license will work with it.  Please post bugs here.  Please start a new thread for anything requiring discussion.  Non-bug posts will be deleted or moved.

This latest build (usually safe) of MC12.0 is here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/MediaCenter120207.exe

12.0.207 (04/04/07)

1. Optimized: Images thumbnails will build up to two times faster in many cases.

12.0.206 (04/04/07)

1. Fixed: In some cases, HTML displayed as text would be missing spaces between some words. (RSS Theater View plugin, etc.)
2. Fixed: Thumbnailing data files could leak GDI resources. (causing a problem if 1000's of data files were thumbnailed)
3. Fixed: The "read-only database" warning could fight with the splash screen.
4. NEW: Added command line switch /LibraryReadOnly that can be used when starting MC to force the library to load as read-only.
5. Fixed: Digital TV could fail if "DBA IP Sink" filter could not be found.
6. Changed: Reworked digital TV recording graph-building, when switching from time-shifting.
7. Changed: When audio streams with metadata stops playing, metadata fields (Name, Duration, Artist, Album) revert back to previous values.
8. Changed: Renamed "Share to Pix01" "share to web" to match other menus.
9. NEW: Added "Share to Web" to the right click->sendto->email/web menu.
10. NEW: AW art for Share to Web.
11. NEW: Caption field below the Pix01 images.  (Set the text via the "Caption" field in MC.)
12. Changed: Minor Pix01 noire template changes.
13. Fixed: When Now Playing is set to a "Track Info" view, view updated too frequently and kept clearing context menus.
14. Fixed: Boolean parameters of the automation interface could behave badly when invoked from .NET

12.0.205 (04/03/07)

1. Fixed: next title/previous title buttons (>> & <<) for streams (w/ metadata titles) didn't always work properly.
2. Changed: Another shot at HD DVB-T channel time-shifting problem.
3. NEW: Print has been broken out into its own submenu under the File menu.
4. NEW: Context sensitive Action Window Nav.
5. NEW: Pix01 added to Action Window Navigation.  (Better AW image to come.)
6. NEW: Print Images added to Action Window Navigation when Image files are in the view.  (Better AW image to come.)
7. NEW: If a playlist is dropped on the Pix01 Action window entry (and there were no files already queued) the gallery title will be set to the playlist name.
8. Fixed: Viewing a list while thumbnails were building could cause a lock in rare cases.
9. NEW: Added Theater View option to switch to a specific playback zone when entering Theater View. (so if your Theater is a discrete zone, you won't need to manually change the zone)

12.0.204 (04/02/07)

1. Changed: When pressing pause, the on screen display will show the current position along with the word "Pause".
2. Fixed: DVD and TV playback didn't properly notify the player about its pause state. (so the play / pause button wouldn't change state when pausing)
3. Changed: TV playback uses the standard OSD messages when being paused and unpaused.
4. Changed: Made a few changes to when and how the caption is shown for images to make them work more like other media types.
5. NEW: Added an additional conversion mode for handhelds: "Convert if necessary (consider bitrate)" that will shrink files with a bitrate 20% or more greater than the target bitrate.
6. Fixed: 3D visualizations wouldn't properly switch presets when picking a specific preset from the menu when 3D visuals were not being shown.
7. Fixed: In some cases, a camera could get incorrectly detected as a handheld device.
8. Changed: Full registration code is no longer shown in Help > Registration Info... (so you don't have to worry about poachers)
9. Fixed: The previous button shortcut wouldn't seek to the beginning of a file for the first file in a playlist with continuous mode off.
10. Fixed: /SilentImport command line wasn't working properly when issued while the program was not running.
11. Fixed: In place editing of fields under Web Favorites was disabled.
12. Changed: Action windows default to having scroll bars.
13. Changed: Resubmit tune request for DVB-T TV before building a time-shifting graph, in an attempt to fix the problem of HD channel time-shifting startup.

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Media Center 12.0.207
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 02:34:59 pm »

Maybe I have a language problem :-) (see this other thread (LOL): http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=39871.0)

I'm synching my iPod and I'm seeing a new message where it used to say "Converting" (I think...). It now says "Buttons....".

?

Michel.

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 03:33:33 pm »

And here is the Theater View plugin Zip for the build.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/MC12/TheaterViewPlugin09.zip

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 04:36:49 pm »

I tend to use Alt-F X to quit , since this combination is easier to reach than Alt-F4.  Unfortunately, this shortcut (which is more or less standard in 90% of the programs I use) is mapped to "export all playlists" in Media Center, which is also an uninterruptible action so when I want to quit (maybe to install a new build) I instead end up waiting half a minute.  Any chance of changing the shortcuts for these two actions? 

(I think I've reported this before, so I'm sorry if I've missed any comments you may have made.)

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 08:30:45 pm »

Re "4. NEW: Added command line switch /LibraryReadOnly that can be used when starting MC to force the library to load as read-only."

First, thanks for implementing this. Much appreciated!

Second, this switch doesn't seem to work in combination with the /MediaServer switch, e.g. running

C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC12.exe /MediaServer /LibraryReadOnly

will run the Media Server but not as read only.

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 09:27:40 pm »

Smartlist editor problems (mentioned in 203 thread).

benn600

• Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2007, 09:34:21 pm »

Isn't the library server automatically read only?!  I didn't think you could EVER edit the MC database remotely on the client end, and therefore, the server end is read only, too.  And if you need both open (MC and library server), then take out the library server switch.

How is it not in read-only mode?  How can you modify the database?!

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2007, 09:42:50 pm »

Isn't the library server automatically read only?!  I didn't think you could EVER edit the MC database remotely on the client end, and therefore, the server end is read only, too.  And if you need both open (MC and library server), then take out the library server switch.

How is it not in read-only mode?  How can you modify the database?!

The client is read-only. The server has write access to the library.

j

Jonas

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2007, 03:47:25 am »

If I run Media Center maximized, and the screen saver cuts in so I have to "log in" again or I switch to another user on the same machine and then switch back, Media Center will always come up "super-maximized", covering almost the entire task bar at the bottom of the screen.  This is nothing new, it has happened at least since MC 11.  Unmaximizing and re-maximizing the window restores it to the expected size, but as soon as the screen saver kicks in and I have to "log in" again, MC is covering the task bar again.

Media Center Registered 12.0.207 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2999 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2096 MB, Free - 1006 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D: PLEXTOR DVDR   PX-755A    Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: PLEXTOR  DVDR   PX-755A     Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

mlefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 03:52:16 am »

If I run Media Center maximized, and the screen saver cuts in so I have to "log in" again or I switch to another user on the same machine and then switch back, Media Center will always come up "super-maximized", covering almost the entire task bar at the bottom of the screen.  This is nothing new, it has happened at least since MC 11.  Unmaximizing and re-maximizing the window restores it to the expected size, but as soon as the screen saver kicks in and I have to "log in" again, MC is covering the task bar again.

I have been experiencing this for years also. It's most frustrating.

I reported before but nothing came out of it.

It's not related to video card drivers... I've had it on my work laptop, and the last 3 PCs I've owned - all very different machines, under Windows XP and Windows Vista.

Michel.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2007, 03:56:21 am »

I have been experiencing this for years also. It's most frustrating.

me too.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2007, 06:49:41 am »

Tested on .203, but haven't installed 207 and tested yet:
In a smartlist, i have a song named the following "Flash Brothers - Amen (Dogzilla Remix)"
Smartlist with the following will find it: "Name" "Containing" " - Amen"
Smartlist with the following finds nothing: "Name" "Containing" " - "
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2007, 07:11:31 am »

Tested on .203, but haven't installed 207 and tested yet:
In a smartlist, i have a song named the following "Flash Brothers - Amen (Dogzilla Remix)"
Smartlist with the following will find it: "Name" "Containing" " - Amen"
Smartlist with the following finds nothing: "Name" "Containing" " - "

Confirmed in 207. Actually, if I click close and edit the smartlist, the line shows "Name" "Is" "".
Note to myself: Read, think, write - Read, think, write - think, read, write - think, write, read - think, write, read... Aahhw, i always mess that up...

SwellGuy

« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2007, 12:08:41 pm »

We're not handling special characters in the editor correctly yet. Special characters include ()-+[] to name a few. For now, bracket these special characters in quotes.

zirum

• Galactic Citizen
  • still learning.
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2007, 12:34:32 pm »

Ok, thanks. Not something of urgent need, but just wanted to notify in case you where not familiar to this. But since you already know it, ill leave it there.

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2007, 12:48:17 pm »

Build 198/207 issues:

"Display View" - pops up the following error: "Failed to set new screen resolution (unknown error)." When I click on "OK" button, it proceeds to Display View, but slowly.

"Theater View" - attempting to open this view totally crashes MC12.

Both problems are firsts for me with any version 12 build.  I haven't changed anything in XP PRO SP2 in terms of hardware or software. Saw the same 2 issues in build 198 before downloading build 207 to see if new build fixed problems.

Hardware: monitor - Samsung 243T @ 1920x1200 (DVI input)
                Shuttle SN25P with AMD FX=55 2.6GHz

Media Center Registered 12.0.207 -- C:\Program Files (x86)\J River\Media Center 12\

Workstation 5.2 Service Pack 1 (Build 3790)
AMD Unknown 1198 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2096 MB, Free - 1551 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.3790 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.3790 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.3790 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive W: PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-110   Mode:ModeSecure  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\ripping-complete.wav

Burning /  Drive W: PIONEER  DVD-RW  DVR-110    Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

gido

« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2007, 01:18:27 pm »

Don't know if this is a bug or the right place to post this, but I searched the forums and couldn't find anyone else with the same problem

Running MC 12.207 on XP

I have minimize to sys tray enabled, and since MC12 came out when I have MC minimized to the tray and close all the other windows on my desktop it will sometimes pop back up to full screen.  This gets really annoying, and I can't find the setting anywhere in the options.  I tried to recreate it consistently and couldn't but as I mentioned earlier, it only happens when I close all the other windows.

Thanks,

Marshall

JSmithson

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2007, 01:41:51 pm »

Installed 12.0.205 at home and all seems fine... Today I installed 12.0.207 at work and get this problem.  Looking at music I always get Detail view. Even if I try to switch to album view. Looking at pictures its in Thumbnail view and can't get a detail view!!!!!

Any ideas???

Jim

Media Center Registered 12.0.207 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 1290 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 15 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81.4968 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2800 / Shell32.dll: 5.0.3900 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive E: _NEC     NR-7900A           Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  BurnProof:Yes

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

craft

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2007, 01:48:12 pm »

build 12.0.207, When i sync my ipod it says 'placeholder' and 'button' instead of 'transferring' and 'waiting'.
?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2007, 02:07:42 pm »

Re "4. NEW: Added command line switch /LibraryReadOnly that can be used when starting MC to force the library to load as read-only."

First, thanks for implementing this. Much appreciated!

Second, this switch doesn't seem to work in combination with the /MediaServer switch, e.g. running

C:\WINDOWS\system32\MC12.exe /MediaServer /LibraryReadOnly

will run the Media Server but not as read only.

Read-only can only be applied at load time.  You'll need to start MC with the switch.

So start Media Center with Media Center.exe /MediaServer /LibraryReadOnly

MC12.exe is designed to route commands to a running MC and only start the program if necessary.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2007, 01:26:49 pm »

Read-only can only be applied at load time.  You'll need to start MC with the switch.

So start Media Center with Media Center.exe /MediaServer /LibraryReadOnly

MC12.exe is designed to route commands to a running MC and only start the program if necessary.

Thanks. That works.

bjevers

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2007, 09:07:12 am »

Here's a bug I just experienced.  I put in a CD to rip.  It started to rip automatically because I had just finished ripping another cd.  As it's ripping, I notice the album information is wrong.  I click on Edit Disc Information and change everything to the correct information.  The disc finishes ripping before I finish editting the information, so I delete the old files with the wrong information from the library, insert my cd again and try to re-rip.  However, everytime I choose to rip cd, it just goes to the Recently Ripped playlist.  In order to rip my cd again, I had to close MC and restart it.

Media Center Registered 12.0.207 -- L:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Workstation 6.0  (Build 6000)
Intel Unknown 3704 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 2095 MB, Free - 984 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.6000.16386 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.6000 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.6000 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.6000 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G: _NEC    DVD_RW ND-3550A   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive M:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive G: _NEC     DVD_RW ND-3550A    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

Device info dump for 'I-Stick2 IntelligentStick (K:)':

WMDMName: Removable Disk (K:)
DeviceUID: $$?$wpdbusenumroot#umb#2&37c186b&0&storage#volume#1&19f7e59c&0&_??_usbstor#disk&ven_i-stick2&prod_intelligentstick&rev_2.00#106c1141a2d94d6d&0##{f33fdc04-d1ac-4e8e-9a30-19bbd4b108ae}$0
CanonicalName: \\?\wpdbusenumroot#umb#2&37c186b&0&storage#volume#1&19f7e59c&0&_??_usbstor#disk&ven_i-stick2&prod_intelligentstick&rev_2.00#106c1141a2d94d6d&0##{f33fdc04-d1ac-4e8e-9a30-19bbd4b108ae}$0
VendorName: ; VendorID: 3744
ProductID: 8552; FirmwareVersion: 2.00
WMDMSerialNumber: 1f
DeviceType: 2; DeviceID: 106C1141A2D94D6D; DeviceName: I-Stick2 IntelligentStick; UnsupportedDevice: 0
IsDrive: 1; DriveLetter: K:; DrivePath: ; MainDriveLetter: K:
IsJanusCapable: 0; IsIpod: 0
SupportsAlbumArt: ; AlbumArtEnabled: 1
SupportsFolders: -1; PlaylistFormat: 0; EjectMode: ; AlwaysPumpCOMMessages: 0
SupportedFileTypes: mp3;wma
ContextMenus: Delete
MemoryTypes:
InstallURL:
ApplicationName: Media Center
ImageName:
RootBasePath:
AudioBasePath: Music\[Artist]\[Album]\
ImageBasePath: Images\
VideoBasePath: Video\
DataBasePath: Data\
PlaylistBasePath: Playlists\
DatabaseBasePath:
AudibleBasePath: Audible\
MatchKeyExpression: If(IsEqual([Media Type], Image), [Name][File Size, 0], [Name]Clean([Artist], 1)[Album][Genre]FormatNumber([Track #, 0])[Media Type])
ChangeKeyExpression:

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2007, 07:25:13 pm »

ah, does this mean that batch ripping may somehow be broken at the moment??

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2007, 10:33:48 pm »

Thanks. That works.

Actually, with more experimentation I still find that running

Media Center.exe /MediaServer /LibraryReadOnly

results in media server loading, but not read only.

PushiTooL

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2007, 05:03:00 am »

For the last few releases (at least back to 12.0.198) any changing of cover art for an audio file will update the file tags, even if you've explicitly told it not to. I now have hundreds of files with changed tags even though I have the current settings in Tools > Options:

File Location > Track Images Location > Store images in tags also - (unticked)
General > Importing & Tagging > Update tags when file info changes - (unticked)
Library & Folders > Standard Library Fields > Image File (edit) > Data > Store in file tags (when possible) - (unticked)

I looked back at the changes to the releases in 12.0.19x but couldn't see anything obvious.

Thanks,
Matty.

Sauzee

« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2007, 06:28:33 am »

Need to add .rm and .ram to import file extensions for real video.

Sauzee

« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2007, 06:30:40 am »

I've lost MC integration with shell, even though i have the option selected to enable.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2007, 06:51:47 am »

I've lost MC integration with shell, even though i have the option selected to enable.
Try a reboot, then an uninstall/reboot/reinstall.

JONCAT

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2007, 07:12:17 am »

1. Updated cover art is not shown until a Refresh of the View scheme.

2. Only seen this a few times recently; MC can't play any files "check location". MC has to be restarted.

3. Started to notice Thumbnails disappearing and reappearing as I scrolled over them; very strange behavior. Then I realize literally all thumbs are gone; Audio, Images, Video. MC was on all day playing music; weirdest bug I have ever encountered.

Restart MC. All thumb need to be rebuilt.

After rebuild, size of my library specific thumbnail folder is twice as large. This was the beginning of my woes last time when I realized I had 3gb worht of thumbs. All thumbs were built and the size equaled 341mb, now after the rebuild with a similar amount of cover art I have almost 700mb.

My feeling is that if I do a Restore, then rebuild thumbs, I will end up with around 341mb of thumbs. "Everything is running smoothly" but in light of the recent thumb changes that required a rebuild I thought you guys should know about the  seemingly endless size increase (+3GB) I had encountered, which appears to have started anew. When I rebuilt with .203? everything was copasetic (no more hangs). I also saw the change "MC could hang when building thumbs and accessing a list in the background).

DC

AoXoMoXoA

• I am a kangaroo . . . . no, really!
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2007, 09:50:52 am »

I have my main collection of music files on my music server (these are mapped to my laptop as drive "F" "M", and "N") and are included in my "Home Library". I also have another small collection of music files on my laptop (C:\Music) for travel which are included in a seperate library in MC ("Laptop Library").

I find it a bit odd that when I switch from the "Home Library" to the "Laptop Library" MC12 still retains the same folder setting in the import options.  I would expect that when I switch to my "Laptop Library" that MC12 would recognize this and revert the import folders to "C:\Music" rather than retaining the "Home Library" folder settings of "F; M; N".

Forgetting to manually change this can cause a mess.

ALso, I find it handy sometimes to use a Library Backup to 'update' one of my other machines. Is there some way to avoid a thumbnail rebuild in this case?

?
Where did the utility type "stock" smartlists get to? You know, like: incomplete albums, needs audio analysis, cover art missing, posible duplicates, etc?
They no longer appear in my tree, even when using the "Add Stock Smartlists".
I have a friend who also bought MC12 and these are also missing from my friend's install.
. . . the game is rigged

MAPgeekdad

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mets fan
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2007, 03:58:28 am »

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if the plug-in for the Russound CAV6.6 works with MC12 ?

Thanks!

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2007, 07:59:07 am »

Can anyone tell me if the plug-in for the Russound CAV6.6 works with MC12 ?

I believe Carl may be working on it.  Check his thread on AVSForum in the HTPC area.  I think there is a link in our FAQ.

BTW, this thread is for bug reports.  Please start a new thread.  This topic should go in the Third Party Plug-ins forum.

MAPgeekdad

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mets fan
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2007, 11:00:02 pm »

Thanks.

vine-au

• Junior Woodchuck
  • negative, I am a meat popsicle...
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2007, 06:21:17 am »

message pops up saying "Cannont recognise your iPod, please check for a new version on MC"

It's an 80GB, software version 1.2.1
Never had any probs with it before...

c00ld00d

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2007, 06:22:26 pm »

There seems to be a problem with long file names on mp4 files. It seems to be a Quicktime problems, as opening the file directly with it causes the same error. Anybody have this problem, and is it solved by using one of the QT alternatives?

Thanks,

c00l

loki128

• Recent member
  • It's some desu.
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2007, 09:27:12 pm »

build 12.0.207, When i sync my ipod it says 'placeholder' and 'button' instead of 'transferring' and 'waiting'.
?
Same here. Attempting to sync an Archos 404 in Windows Media mode (no protected files, just some conversions).

Chili-Jam

• World Citizen
  • same same ... but different
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2007, 01:56:34 am »

Smartlist Editor:

I just killed some of my smartlists because somehow the "playlist is any" is not working.
Once you save the smartlist all reference to other playlists is gone.
Try to set up a new smartlist depending on any other. It's simply not working.
Another smartlist i found that's not working anymore is a list that had a rule [Custom 5]==empty
in it. This queries finds absolutely no titles which of course is not true.

Thumbnails:

After library restore (because of messed up playlists) my thumbnails are dead.
Bug or feature?
At least rebuild shouldn't be necessary sinde nothing has been imported since last library backup.

Edit: i think i found the problem with the smartlists.
It's in another thread
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=40107

Ok i think i found what is causing trouble inspired by your answers.

My Playlist are grouped in playlist groups that are called
1: IPod
2: Workbench
3: Random
4: Statics
5: Tasks

So my way of numbering the playlist groups to keep them ordered is causing the problem. I guess it's because of ":" in the name.

Just try to create a playlist and name it something like "my testlist" then make a playlist that uses this playlist. Then rename the playlist to "3: my playlist". You will see that it will not work anymore.

vine-au

• Junior Woodchuck
  • negative, I am a meat popsicle...
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2007, 06:49:05 am »

Sounds like a fair few issues with this build JimH, whats the word on the new version? keen to resync my iPod (sans iTunes, which is crap, as we all know)

thenoob1

• Galactic Citizen
  • Mouse driver wasn't found, right click to continue
« Reply #38 on: April 23, 2007, 09:15:39 am »

Thanks for removing the serial information at reg. info.
You've the best support I know out there.
tn1
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits
-- Albert Einstein
Pages: [1]   Go Up