INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JukeBox 8.0 appears to be very crude  (Read 1654 times)

IndianJoe

JukeBox 8.0 appears to be very crude
« on: April 12, 2007, 07:25:45 am »

On Sunday I downloaded and installed the trial of 8.0. When trying to burn a cd, It will not convert any single .ape file I have. Another time, when I have assembled music for burning, it tells me that a collection of single .ape files is 171 minutes when it is actually only 70 minutes in length.

When the console is open with songs in the window, some look as if they are 0.00 minutes in length, while others are 103.32 minutes in length. Ridiculous.

Any rational explanantion for this? Where .ape extensions are concerned, there are not many options on the market.

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
Re: JukeBox 8.0 appears to be very crude
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 07:53:13 am »

Why don't you try Media Center 12? MJ8 is not in active development.

j

IndianJoe

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2007, 04:43:17 am »

I was directed to Media Jukebox by another user. When I looked for the product, a trial download was offered. Why would 8.0 be offered as a trial if it wasn't current? I'll look for 12.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2007, 08:21:06 am »

We offer MJ8 for users who just want to listen to music (no images or video). It's been around for a long time and does a good job at what it does.

We switched development from MJ8 to Media Center 9 several years ago, and then to MC 10, 11, and now 12. If MJ8 isn't filling the bill for you, give MC12 a try and see if it does.

We use the trial method for both MJ8 and MC9: you get 30 days free, and then must purchase. I think MJ8 lets you continue after 30 days without full functionality; MC12 will not run after 30 days unless you purchase.

Enjoy...

j

Mr ChriZ

• :-D
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2007, 03:19:56 pm »

I'll look for 12.

The homepage for the product is here:-> http://www.jrmediacenter.com/

Tab

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2007, 07:47:26 am »

MJ8 is many years out of date now, and is the free option for people that want to know a bit more about this software first, or those wanting a lighter player than MC. A great piece of software, but long since superceded, and handling external media is its weakpoint.

Tab
Pages: [1]   Go Up