INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: YADB DVD Database  (Read 1871 times)

John Gateley

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Nice haircut
YADB DVD Database
« on: April 26, 2007, 11:13:07 am »

I just made some improvements to the YADB DVD database: better filtering of bad names, better assimilation of different spellings.

Is anyone using this? Like it? Hate it?

j

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
Re: YADB DVD Database
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 03:26:07 pm »

How many movies are in the YADB database? I just ripped The Mask of Zorro and it couldn't find it. Also, in the wiki it says that the YADB database uses the following fields:  Title, Artist, Year, Genre. I don't have "Title" as a standard field. Does it use "Name" instead? I tried to submit it, but it seemed like nothing happened.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 04:18:09 pm »

There are 529 DVDs. Your "Mask of Zorro" made it in, thanks.

I believe the field is name, yes. It's where the title of the DVD appears...

j

raldo

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 05:56:37 pm »

Would it be possible to do this with AVI, MPG files too?

What I'm thinking is that the name of the file could be used to fill in the other fields...

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2007, 09:37:31 pm »

It's possible, but the response to the DVD lookup has been less than stellar. The question is how many people would use it.

j

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 10:53:22 pm »

I dont tend to use the YADB altogether much, as I tend to rip to avi/mkv on one machine, then import the video file into my server machine. If The YADB DVD functionality was extended to support video file lookups, then I would most definitely use it.

A great deal of my current rips are missing a lot of info purely because I can't be bothered using another program to get the information/cover art that is missing (and my workflow is a bit slack for ripping).

C.

raldo

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 09:51:52 am »

I've actually manually entered some of the information on some of my avi files. I of course quit after a while, but it would be great if one could sort by genre, director, actors, and so forth.

I have a lot of avi files which I now handle via jrmc. The type of library functions which already exists on audio would be great if they could be applied more effectively to video. I am sure a lot of people would appreciate this...

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2007, 01:31:39 am »

I should of course add that given the AVI lookup functionality, I would be more interested in filling in and submitting information missing from my own files, thereby helping others as I would be helped.

At the moment the only incentive is for my own use, and generally, I'm more interested in other things.

C.

raldo

« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2007, 12:27:54 pm »

John, If you need help testing, I'm in...

mojave

• MC Beta Team
  • Requires "iTunes or better" so I installed JRiver
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2007, 04:52:41 pm »

There is a discussion on avsforum.com about building a Kaleidescape system (which cost $20,000+ to purchase) on an HTPC. That is what prompted me to try out the YADB Database and MC for ripping a DVD. If the database was more complete, it would make MC a lot more powerful.

I have also used MyMovies with MCE and it is very easy to rip and catalog DVD's with this method. The strength of MyMovies is that is can download movie info from Amazon, IMDB, and other movie databases. It would be cool if MC could do this instead of starting from scratch with a new database.
Pages: [1]   Go Up