INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fujitsu N100 Loox -- first look  (Read 1631 times)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Fujitsu N100 Loox -- first look
« on: April 27, 2007, 04:19:31 pm »

We just bought a nifty new device for testing with MC12.  It's called the N100 Loox from Fujitsu.  I believe that some of the technology came from a company called Navigon.  They've been sold in Europe for almost a year and Amazon just started to sell them.  Just under $500.

It's a handheld GPS with a nice media player built in.  It's small -- smaller than any other GPS I've used or seen.  It's more the size of a cell phone with a nice rounded back.

It comes with a 2GB Micro SD memory card.

The good news is that MC12 can sync to it.  It has a USB connection to a PC and shows up as a storage device.  I can drag photos onto it and play them.  I can drag APE files to it, and with conversion to MP3, the media player on the device finds them and plays them.

First impression is very positive.

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Fujitsu N100 Loox -- first look
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 04:43:37 pm »

And for the curious out there......

http://www.fujitsu-siemens.com/products/mobile/handhelds/pocket_loox_n100.html

It would be comforting if F-S had a public statement regarding WM6 or the availability of North American mapping options.

Interesting that just as Dell and HP/Compaq (WindowsMediaPlayerMobile v9 and GSPlayer) and one or two others are quitting the non-cell-phone Winderz Mobile PDA business Fujitsu-Siemens is getting back in and Lenovo has shown advanced prototypes of their own.

I'm using a Creative Zen Nano and an iPaq 3955 as my mobile players.  Had a HP 6315 SmartPhone for a while but it was neither smart or a very good phone.  Just now I'm waiting for my PIM software to support contact/calendar sync to Symbian phones (Nokia and Sony-Ericsson) and will try their converged devices and media players again.

I may also go back to the simplest cell phone I can find and stay with the Creative Zen Nano or update to an iRiver player.  Nice to have a tiny player not much bigger than the AA or AAA battery it uses......
Pages: [1]   Go Up