INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: the Wiki  (Read 932 times)

gappie

• Citizen of the Universe
the Wiki
« on: May 08, 2007, 04:49:30 am »

i know that there are a lot of contributions to the Wiki from people on this forum. i saw a list ones with a different contributions, but i can not find it anymore. today i wanted to make my own small contribution: a way to change number plays easy (a question that comes up so now and then). but i can not find where i should put it.

i was wondering if there is a structure behind it (the dev zone looks nice). and if so, how to browse through it.

one idea i got to maybe make it a bit better to browse through is:
the things now in the tips and tricks should be taken out of it. the faq should have its own, and the rest could be in extra content.
in tips and trick there could be some subcategories like Theater view, smartlists, calculated fiels, etc. because that is were i would look to find something, get some ideas.

just a thought.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
Re: the Wiki
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 10:46:34 am »

Hi Gappie,

Take a look at the Community Portal (from the navigation menu box on the left). It has a discussion of the structure of the wiki.

The place to put "change number of plays" is here:

http://wiki.jrmediacenter.com/index.php/File_Properties_%28tags%29

(this section is very rough still). Then add what you put here to the category Frequently Asked Questions, and it will show up there too.

Drop me a note on my wiki page or on the community portal if you need to know more.

Thanks,

j

gappie

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2007, 12:01:50 pm »

ok John. i did it. find it a bit rude to just put something in there, with all my bad english and stuff. when i did it wrong or what ever. please delete it.

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 02:25:13 pm »

Hi Gappie,

Your english is better than you think

I updated the tags page with a lot of information, and merged your section into that. It's also a Frequently Asked Question now (take a look at my changes if you want to see how that's done).

Thanks again,

j
Pages: [1]   Go Up