INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can i use more than one ipod with media centre 12 ?  (Read 1513 times)

Mattj

• Recent member
Can i use more than one ipod with media centre 12 ?
« on: May 13, 2007, 03:01:23 pm »

Hi

Please forgive me if i have posted this in the wrong forum, this is my first post im im still getting used to the forum.

I have recently purchased a 5th generation 30gig video ipod and have set it up sucsessfully with media centre, my partner has an ipod nano and i was wondering can i use media centre to add tracks to it ? i have noticed my ipod picks up the letter H when i plug the usb lead in this also happaned when i plugged my partners nano in so i changed the letter in the disk management screen in windows. the reason for my post is everytime i plug the nano in media centre crashes and needs to be re-started but when i then plug my ipod in its fine again ? is there a setting to be able to you multiple ipods or is it only possible to use the one ? the reason for me changing the drive letter was to elimainate the confliction of the drive letters with media centre causing it to crash. I hope this makes some sense

many thanks in advance

Matt

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Can i use more than one ipod with media centre 12 ?
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2007, 03:36:17 pm »

Try the option under Handhelds for "Redetect Devices" and then plug each one in.  It should work.  You shouldn't have to change the drive letter.

Make sure your version of MC12 is current.

Mattj

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2007, 03:55:48 pm »

hi

thanks for the reply ive given that a try and the program still keeps crashing :( if i just plug the nano in on its own i can see it as a removeable device but a few seconds after i open medis centre i get the error and it asks if i want to send or not send information as all xp errors are i even tried a re set of devices and tried the nano first ? is there anything else i could try ?

many thanks

matt

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2007, 03:58:07 pm »

What build of MC12 do you have?   You can copy and paste your system info from MC Help.

Mattj

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2007, 04:00:23 pm »

hi hope this is what you need

thanks again

Media Center Registered 12.0.130 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1156 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 607 MB

Internet Explorer: 7.0.5730.11 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82.2900 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.0.2900 / Shell32.dll: 6.0.2900 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive D:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive F:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive D: _NEC     NR-7700A           Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /

Portable Device Info
  Removed devices:

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2007, 04:17:07 pm »

Mattj

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2007, 02:02:02 pm »

Hi

Thanks for your help it works a treat now :D

thanks again

matt
Pages: [1]   Go Up