INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art questions  (Read 1832 times)

jrj

• Recent member
Cover Art questions
« on: May 14, 2007, 02:22:01 pm »

Recently my music drive crashed and I have now replaced it and am re-ripping all my CDs. But now I can't seem to get the cover art. I have MC (11) set to get coverart after ripping and it seems to be going to the internet, but I have no coverart files anywhere nor does it show on MC that I can find.
Can someone give me a clue as to how to get the coverart again. I got it via MC when I originally ripped the CDs onto the crashed drive-but now it doesn't work.
Help!
Thanx in advance.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Cover Art questions
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 02:26:30 pm »

Try a search here.  This subject has been covered many times.

Try a search for your cover art with Explorer.

If you find them, set the file location in MC Options.  Then do a right click on a few tracks and then Cover Art/Quick Find.

Or select some, right click, and do Cover Art/Get from Internet.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 02:35:21 pm »

Recently my music drive crashed and I have now replaced it and am re-ripping all my CDs. But now I can't seem to get the cover art. I have MC (11) set to get coverart after ripping and it seems to be going to the internet, but I have no coverart files anywhere nor does it show on MC that I can find.
Can someone give me a clue as to how to get the coverart again. I got it via MC when I originally ripped the CDs onto the crashed drive-but now it doesn't work.
Help!
Thanx in advance.

Possibly the old cover art download locations have changed since the last MC11 build was released.

The current version, MC12, uses a new cover art database that seems to work a lot better than the old "get from internet" feature ever did.

Instead of just dowloading the users can also submit new cover art files to the database.

(Jim, I think jrj lost all old files in the drive crash.)
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

jrj

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 07:24:34 pm »

I don't have any cover art to search for. All files were lost.
Right clicking and selecting Get from Internet doesn't seem to do anything. The box comes up and it looks like it's searching, but there aren't any cover art files that I can find on the new drive.

I use MC with Main Lobby so I don't think I can go to MC12.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2007, 05:24:33 am »

I use MC with Main Lobby so I don't think I can go to MC12.

I see. However, I think you could still try MC12 for downloading cover art. It should work in trial mode if you have not tried it before. You can install it without uninstalling MC11. After installing you can restore an MC11 library backup file and try the cover art download. (Check the file location options and select your preferred option for cover art. The "Quick Find..." tool in MC11 should be able to find the cover art files from the same location(s) if you use the same options.)

If MC12 doesn't find cover art for all albums you could try this program for the rest of them: http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=51896
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up