INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nothing on the ipod  (Read 1370 times)

krupted

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Nothing on the ipod
« on: May 16, 2007, 05:54:35 pm »

ive been without music all week because i decided to wipe my 3rd gen ipod clean and reload all the new tracks i wanted.  40gb so it takes awhile, but in the end i get nothing on the ipod.  been trying every night now, but its randomly bad.   mc freezes up, ipod freezes, mc doesnt recognize it, its a plain horrible experience right now with mc12.   looks like i have to re download and install that load of junk itunes again.  

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: Nothing on the ipod
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 07:08:46 pm »

Do you have the latest version of MC?

Try a smaller sync, just to see if it works at all.

Reset if necessary.

krupted

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 10:32:57 pm »

smaller syncs, a few albums at a time do work usually.  they still will hang sometimes and is terribly inconveinent to fill a 40g drive that way.   ive never had a problem with getting songs onto the ipod with 10 or 11, im trying itunes tonight to see if it may be the ipod itself (bad drive maybe)

SwellGuy

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2007, 01:22:31 pm »

Make sure you are running the latest iPod firmware.

krupted

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 10:32:09 am »

itunes freezes the same way mc12 does.  just randomly somewhere it hangs.  i know what this means, especially when i noticed that every time i plug the ipod into usb, windows immediately asks to scan the disk for errors because something is not right.  i can scan all i want, no errors, but it continues to pop up the scan flag.   it means that expensive little harddrive inside is going bad :(   probably why i didnt have problems with it over the winter, it was always frozen.    this sucks, i dont want to put more money into a new mp3 player right now.   but my next one will for sure play FLAC
Pages: [1]   Go Up