INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art problem with ripping  (Read 876 times)

JONCAT

Cover art problem with ripping
« on: May 18, 2007, 04:29:54 pm »

The last 15-20 CD rips result in same cover art being tagged to the ripped files: The World's Greatest Christmas Carols.

DC

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Cover art problem with ripping
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 04:41:25 pm »

The last 15-20 CD rips result in same cover art being tagged to the ripped files: The World's Greatest Christmas Carols.
Look for a folder.jpg in the directory where the ripped files are going.

JONCAT

Re: Cover art problem with ripping
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2007, 09:23:08 pm »

Jim,

Rip folder contains no folder.jpg

I have four drives and one contains a CD that has been recognized by MC from either CD-text or online lookup.

The other three are currently unknown, I have not yet performed any lookup or cd.ini import from Player or Audiograbber.

All three have the Xmas Carols cover art displayed once the trays are closed and I navigate to the drives with MC tree:

www.catuccio.net/xmas.jpg

thanks
DC

JONCAT

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2007, 09:32:30 pm »

I think the Xmas cover art is always applied to any album that is initially unknown to MC. The cover art shows up at the top and is not replaced with Find Cover Art After Ripping because it has already been "found".

DC

JONCAT

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2007, 09:42:03 pm »

Enable online lookup, when disabled (I was runnning lookup manually), returns the Xmas Carol cover art for any album without CD-text (unknown album).

When online lookup is enabled, and CD Lookup Fails (this is confusing btw - did it fail or was the info not found) an Unknown Album does not end up tagged with Xmas Carol cover art.

DC

Pages: [1]   Go Up