INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: geotagging images  (Read 1249 times)

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
geotagging images
« on: May 22, 2007, 04:13:06 pm »

Does MC have the ability to geotag images with the latitude and longitude such that flickr, Google earth, etc could read this information?

If so, how does a user do it?

If not, are there any plans to add this?

Thanks,
S

PS: Apologies if this has already been covered in the forum. I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: geotagging images
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 04:32:33 pm »

No.  Maybe.  Not soon.  Nice idea.

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 10:18:53 pm »

OK....If you ever consider it, RoboGEO might give some ideas as to useful features and functions.

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2007, 04:43:04 pm »

A quick addendum,

At a minimum, I would think that Latitude and Longitude, maybe also Altitude and Direction, should be Standard Library fields. If you are reading and writing the rest of the EXIF tag, then include these.

A lower priority, but something I'm trying to do at the moment, would be the ability to export to Google Maps/Earth (KML/KMZ files) as well as other map overlay formats. 

Those are the basics. There are lots of things that could be done beyond this...

This will be an interesting space to watch over the next six months as Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft slug it out over local search and their competing mapping platforms.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2007, 05:05:23 pm »

At a minimum, I would think that Latitude and Longitude, maybe also Altitude and Direction, should be Standard Library fields. If you are reading and writing the rest of the EXIF tag, then include these.
We're probably reading the entire EXIF tag.  You might be able to add fields with the correct names and get them to display.  Matt will know more.
Pages: [1]   Go Up