INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Most of my mkv files are non identified (found in document area)  (Read 1631 times)

totoro

• Recent member

Hi,

your software is great, but I could not manage to see all my video files like mkv.

Sometimes, I manage to see one sometimes : I setup 3 or 4 times this software

What can I do, I try CCCP, satsuki, with mkv I marked haali splitter as a filter and ffdshow audio and video . . .

What else ?

I like it because of the theater mode, the video thmubnails is cool  . . .

The perfect media player for me is a light library manager to play audio, video, pictures, maybe cdisplay which is a free software to see comic book . . . I want to see my files by folder no more no less because I do not miss any files

thanks for any answer,

I'm french by the way so please forgive me my poor english ;-)

Totoro

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

totoro

• Recent member
Re: Most of my mkv files are non identified (found in document area)
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 10:31:59 am »

Thanks for your quick answer I read quickly the thread Directshow playback but I do not unsterdand some of my mkv files works and some don't ? ? ?

I'm a bit disappointed because the way your software manage the music is great for me, I read my music from a network drive and it's fast to explore my music . . .

And except the mkv files that it could not play, the video library management is well too (some thumbnails does not work )

Thanks again

Totoro

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 11:12:22 am »

Try a google search for mkv.  I think it's a "container" file, so more than one type could be found there.

Try switching playback options for MC in Playback/Video.

Try a search here for mkv.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 11:17:15 am »

I just noticed your title for this thread.  Try changing the media type for the files.  You can edit it in the tags.

totoro

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 11:48:32 am »

ok thanks I change the tag mkv media type from data to video . . .

First step done  ;)

Todo : try to play these files with media center and not media player classic . . .

To be continued  ;D

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 12:49:46 pm »

If you manually change the media type from Document to Video, it'll try to render the files inside MC rather than sending it to the external associated player.  So, this should work, unless you have something really weird wrapped up in the MKV file (I know MC doesn't support the MKV menu system -- I've never even seen one of these files so I have no idea how it'd handle them at all).

Don't know why they got identified wrong in the first place though... Mine haven't had any issues (and I have lots of MKV files).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

totoro

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 01:01:47 pm »

Thanks,

no my files are not tricky : some of them have RV9 codec video, AAC codec audio, X264 video . . .

But the funny thing two days ago, some ogf mkv files worked and some don't and today after 3 or 4 attempts (setup again, uninstall satsuki pack, install cccp and uninstall and install satsuki ) some of these files they did not work, are working today . . .

For example : The eye.mkv did not work, I try to rename this file : The_eye.mkv and now I think it(s working.

All of my video files work with mpc . . .

Another thing, what is the best way to play, choose audio and subtitle with jriver because we have to choose in taskbar with haali splitter wich audio language and subtitle ? ? ?

With jriver v12, is this possible to use the audioscrobbler plugin ?

And the last could it be possible to add a third programm like cdisplay to jriver : in theater mode, I add Book for example and I coud see .cbr files or rar and when I choose one, I open cdisplay ? 

Really thank you for answer . . .

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 01:18:40 pm »

One of the audioscrobbler plug-ins can cause a crash.  More in this thread:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=24031;start=0
Pages: [1]   Go Up