INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC Promotional Video  (Read 2519 times)

benn600

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Living: Santa Monica CA Hometown: Cedar Rapids IA
MC Promotional Video
« on: June 13, 2007, 07:37:46 pm »

I really think J River or someone should make a promotional video for Media Center.  Whenever I tell people I use J River Media Center...first of all, they have never heard of it.  Second, when I try to tell them why it's better, than iTunes, WMP, Winamp, there just isn't a simple way to portray so much information, without forgetting things, on the spot.

I would like it for myself, too...  Just learning about the remote server feature really impressed me.  It's scary how feature packed MC has become over the years and I keep learning of new features...and finding new uses for the features that already exist.  I feel incredibly priviledged to have access to Media Center...I am approaching my one-year anniversary of learning about Media Center (lol).

MrHaugen

Re: MC Promotional Video
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 04:19:11 am »

That would be very usefull for promotion, and as a quick introduction of the main features of MC!
Need that man with the deep super-whiskey voice from all those American movie trailers :)

Jokes, aside. Would probably be best if JR did this them self, but if no one is willing I could try to tinker my new video editing application my self. I am a perfectionist, but can not promise the greatest result. That would have to be after I finish my plugin and summer holliday though...

- Carl
- I may not always believe what I'm saying

benn600

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 08:41:31 am »

I know...MC interface with some J River guy overtop--blue screen!  Have MC and then have people walk on screen (in front of MC).  I think they should get a big company to do a really professional commercial...at least 2 minutes...and then post it online for everyone to enjoy.

skylarplane

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2007, 12:34:41 pm »

I've been trying forever to have MC Staff put together on their website
in some type of tutorial that goes step to step in all the available functions
of their software but so far nothing has been produced.  I know I'm not nearly
using all the functions in this software, mainly, I don't know how to use them because there is nothing to show you step by step on to.

Lets all hope they will do this some day.

Skylar

benn600

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 09:15:12 pm »

lol.  good one.
As if anyone living could provide a step by step tutorial of all Media Center's features.

I just think that J River could put up the big bucks to a big time firm, produce an incredible commercial, and then J River can air it during the next superbowl.

They should probably create a music store, though, so they can get more money from customers.

MGD_King

• It's not easy being me, but it sure is fun!
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 09:32:13 pm »

Do what I did, tell them that there's a 30 day free trial. Nothing to lose if you don't like it other than time invested trying it out. So far, I've convinced 3 people to purchase it over the past 4 years using that method. (I know, could be more people, but I'm trying!)

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 09:34:03 pm »

Do what I did, tell them that there's a 30 day free trial. Nothing to lose if you don't like it other than time invested trying it out. So far, I've convinced 3 people to purchase it over the past 4 years using that method. (I know, could be more people, but I'm trying!)
Thanks!

datdude

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 09:43:30 pm »

Thats why we need ben to get more people to purchase so that JRiver can pay for that elusive but critical Super Bowl ad!
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2007, 06:39:31 am »

They should probably create a music store, though, so they can get more money from customers.
Turtleneck always said they sold lots of tracks but never made anything significant out of it. The whole idea was to sell  more iPods.

So unless Iriver & JRiver get together, i'm thinking it won't be worth the hassle.

Is it too far fetched an idea, the name bit is nearly there :D

benn600

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2007, 09:37:27 am »

The thing I like about Media Center which basically kicks every other media player's butt is that they keep adding new features and releasing new versions usually twice per month!  iTunes gets a new version with a new feature (or two) every 6 months...unless it's just a DRM update (lol).

If any other player comes out with this breathtaking feature, I won't be surprised if MC will have it in the day.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2007, 01:45:20 pm »

hmm, not sure bout that, there's lots of players with compelling features, but that's just  the problem.

To get an app that has most of those in *one* package in a way that makes sense.

Road to insanity me thinks.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2007, 05:15:59 pm »

Maybe A Claymation With A Guy With Media Center On His Computer Then He Puts It Into Party Mode And He Starts Brake Dancing.

At Close A Bronze Hand And Stamp Hammers The Media Center Logo And URL On The Wall.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

ThoBar

• Was confishy
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2007, 11:15:55 pm »

The best ad I've seen for MC is iTunes.

*user buys an IPOD
*User installs iTunes
*User complains about iTunes
*Confishy reccomends MC
*User goes   O_O   !WOW!
*iTunes gets uninstalled.

benn600

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2007, 03:54:05 pm »

Interesting point.  The problematic area is when the user learns of MC.  That step is often missed.

I'd say for the average person, iTunes is sufficient.  MC is for those who have higher goals and want their media in more ways.

The perfect example is the iPod.  In many cases, I could just use my iPod with my stereo or with small speakers at my desk / in the shower for music.  But NO...I want everything connecting to Media Center somehow.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2007, 04:26:22 pm »

*User installs iTunes
That's the important step.

An interest in a tags based system. Most ppl i tried pimping MC to were not interested in the extra work required to sort this out, instead preferring to just use systems that deal with filenames.

If you use a sensible naming convention, you would be amazed at the possibilities.

You can search by artist, album & trackname. For a lot of ppl thats plenty already.

There is a surely a tipping point there somewhere, they think they want more, but i haven't spotted it yet.
Pages: [1]   Go Up