INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Restoring and updating  (Read 1695 times)

shullinger

Restoring and updating
« on: June 26, 2007, 01:04:46 am »

Love the software, hate this quirky little company. While I can appreciate a user forum, still conspicuously missing is a decent user guide, as in a detailed PDF or something. While this software is easy overall and rather intuitive, it does SO many things that it takes a while to learn it all, and SOME things just have to be SPELLED OUT IN WRITING to get the full potential out of this program. How hard can it be to pay a good technical writer to produce a good user guide? Good grief! They should take an example from European software developers, who write better guides in English than we do in America.
  I downloaded a trial for version 12, it expired before I could evaluate it fully, but now my version 11 won't work. WHY the hell not? I supposedly had to do a restore. I used the number given to me by them in an email, didn't work. Now what?
   Also, is version 12 a separate exe file, or is it just basically patch or an add-on to version 11? I like to burn my programs to disc, but I couldn't exactly tell where that file disappeared to on my computer.
   Also, sometimes when I used the program, I got the message for the "$19.99" upgrade price (or whatever the price is), and then after a while this option quit appearing, and I would be led to the page to pay full price as if I were a brand new customer, the $40 price. What is going on?
  So, 1) how do I restore what I had, and if I decide to upgrade, 2) how do I pay the upgrade price instead of the full price, and 3) do I get a new key for this new version? and 4) where is the exe going to go so I can burn it? Some kinds of downloads give you no way of controlling where to put your files, they just disappear somewhere on your hard drive and you have to search for them. This appears to be one of those.  Thanks for a reply.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Restoring and updating
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 05:24:41 am »

there was some bugs in how mc presented upgrades to users but it seems they have been fixed, and is stated so in some of the bug fix logs.

most of your answers if not all can be found in the help documents and on the following thread.

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=10029.0

Or

help > contents (Help Files Within MC12)

Note The Revision Of MC12 Fix

12.0.257 (06/12/07)
5. NEW: Updated help file.

1) how do I restore what I had
you install your version and use the restore page

if I decide to upgrade, 2) how do I pay the upgrade price instead of the full price
Register your old version, install mc12 over it, and use the options in the program to buy.

3) do I get a new key for this new version?
Yes

and 4) where is the exe going to go so I can burn it?
that depends where you download it to. As with most things on the internet you can always right click on a link and put it where you wish it to go.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 06:40:45 am »

Love the software, hate this quirky little company. While I can appreciate a user forum, still conspicuously missing is a decent user guide, as in a detailed PDF or something. While this software is easy overall and rather intuitive, it does SO many things that it takes a while to learn it all, and SOME things just have to be SPELLED OUT IN WRITING to get the full potential out of this program. How hard can it be to pay a good technical writer to produce a good user guide? Good grief! They should take an example from European software developers, who write better guides in English than we do in America.
  I downloaded a trial for version 12, it expired before I could evaluate it fully, but now my version 11 won't work. WHY the hell not? I supposedly had to do a restore. I used the number given to me by them in an email, didn't work. Now what?
   Also, is version 12 a separate exe file, or is it just basically patch or an add-on to version 11? I like to burn my programs to disc, but I couldn't exactly tell where that file disappeared to on my computer.
   Also, sometimes when I used the program, I got the message for the "$19.99" upgrade price (or whatever the price is), and then after a while this option quit appearing, and I would be led to the page to pay full price as if I were a brand new customer, the $40 price. What is going on?
  So, 1) how do I restore what I had, and if I decide to upgrade, 2) how do I pay the upgrade price instead of the full price, and 3) do I get a new key for this new version? and 4) where is the exe going to go so I can burn it? Some kinds of downloads give you no way of controlling where to put your files, they just disappear somewhere on your hard drive and you have to search for them. This appears to be one of those.  Thanks for a reply.
What he really said:

[I would like to have] a detailed PDF [manual].

I downloaded a trial for version 12, it expired, but now my version 11 won't work.  I supposedly had to do a restore. I used the number given to me by them in an email, didn't work.

Also, is version 12 a separate exe file, or is it just basically patch or an add-on to version 11? I like to burn my programs to disc...

When I used the program, I got the message for the "$19.99" upgrade price (or whatever the price is), and then after a while this option quit appearing, and I would be led to the page to pay full price as if I were a brand new customer, the $40 price.

How do I restore what I had?

If I decide to upgrade, how do I pay the upgrade price instead of the full price?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 06:49:22 am »

[I would like to have] a detailed PDF [manual].
There isn't a separate manual.  MC12 Help is up to date in recent versions.
I downloaded a trial for version 12, it expired, but now my version 11 won't work.  I supposedly had to do a restore. I used the number given to me by them in an email, didn't work.
Download this file (linked from our FAQ here):
MC11.1.201 is here:  ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/old/MC111201.exe
Also, is version 12 a separate exe file, or is it just basically patch or an add-on to version 11? I like to burn my programs to disc...
Just save the file you download (and the Registration Code you received by e-mail)
When I used the program, I got the message for the "$19.99" upgrade price (or whatever the price is), and then after a while this option quit appearing, and I would be led to the page to pay full price as if I were a brand new customer, the $40 price.
I don't know.  You may have uninstalled MC11.  MC11 needs to be installed and correctly licensed in order to get the upgrade.
How do I restore what I had?
See above and this page: http://www.jrmediacenter.com/buy_12.html
If I decide to upgrade, how do I pay the upgrade price instead of the full price?
Please don't upgrade.  I read your past three posts.  You've never been happy, and you've never contributed anything positive to the forum.  Please find another program.
Pages: [1]   Go Up