INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sansa- Playlist Synch Problems  (Read 1914 times)

brianbh

• Recent member
Sansa- Playlist Synch Problems
« on: June 27, 2007, 03:56:27 am »

Hi,

I am trying to use MC 12 to synch my Sansa M240.  I can get the songs to show up, but none of the playlists previously on the device are showing up.  The only playlist that does show up is one that I created in MC and previously synced, but this only shows up as a subdirectory under the player listing in the right window, and when I try to modify or add new songs to the playlist, MC will not allow it.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Brian

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Sansa- Playlist Synch Problems
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 08:33:05 am »

You may need to configure the playlist path in Options > Handheld.  I'm not sure what path the M240 requires.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 08:35:15 am »

What version of MC are you using?  You can copy your system info from MC Help and paste it here.

brianbh

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2007, 07:27:44 pm »

Hi,

Thanks for youe replies and suggestions.

I am using MC 12.0.251- I belive the most current.

Thanks,
Brian

brianbh

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2007, 07:31:37 pm »

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the playlist path in the handheld options and it is set to "playlists\".

How do I determine if this is the correct setting for my Sansa?

Thanks,
Brian

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2007, 09:13:58 pm »

Grab the latest build here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=12.0

You can't edit a playlist on the device.  You'll need to resend it during a transfer. (drop the playlist on the handheld action window, or configure a sync of playlists)

If you keep having problems, it'd be worth formatting the device (right-click device in MC) and starting over with a simple test of one file and one playlist.  Then add complexity.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

brianbh

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2007, 01:37:49 am »

Thanks, Matt.

I will try your suggestions and report back.

Best Wishes,
Brian

Vipman

• Recent member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2007, 10:45:29 pm »

I've also had the same problem with getting the playlist to sync.  in MTP mode, the playlist is created, but on the Sandisk m240 the name shows up as blank.  So, if there were two playlists sync'd, then on the device you're able to select between two blank entries (not knowing which is which).  Once you select them though, the tracks show up in there.

After reading through some other pages (like https://www.expansys.ca/ft.aspx?k=81030 for example) - Here's what I've currently had to do to get the playlists to show up correctly :

- Switched the device to MSC mode
- Sync'd playlist from within MC12  - this allowed the playlist name to show up, but navigating to it on the device showed an empty list.
- With the device plugged in, navigated to it via Windows Explorer, and edited the playlist to make two changes.  First, added a line at the top of the file with the text #EXTM3U, and then add an empty line (starting at line 3) following each entry in the playlist (if you can script this or use some macro in editor, all the better)

So, ultimately the playlist ends up looking something like this :

#EXTM3U
.\How To Save A Life - The Fray.mp3

.\Chasing Cars - Snow Patrol.mp3

.\next song... etc..

(I did change the default path for music to be ROOT\  and same for the playlist)

This did indeed work. 

I also tried the other approach someone else mentions on that URL I referenced above - i.e. using Winamp to create the playlist as suggested, and it seemed to work as well.  Winamp does add the header, but it also adds some additional meta-data where I've added the blank lines above - the m240 doesn't seem to care what's there apparently - it's just picky about the rest of the format.

I've not been able to get the format to match using settings I've used in MC12 (though I've not looked real hard beyond what's there on the options screen for syncing). 

HTH

- Vip
Vincit Omnia Veritas
Pages: [1]   Go Up