INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT - How many of you actually know each other  (Read 2343 times)

JaredH

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Superfluously Articulate
OT - How many of you actually know each other
« on: August 21, 2002, 12:43:25 pm »

Ive noticed that a lot of you guys talk about things and work together on projects and plug-ins and what not, but how many of you have actually met face to face and done business with each other? This question refers to Jim and the rest of the team as well as the other members of Interact.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

mikeh

RE:OT - How many of you actually know each other
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2002, 01:22:11 pm »

I dont believe that there are lots of different people at MJ.

I think JimH, Matt, Nickolay etc are actually all the same person.

They have mock conversations to make the company look bigger than it is that way they sell more product.
Its actually 1 programmer sitting in a small apartment somewhere making some extra cash.

Actually i add the odd comment here now and again so maybe its actually me. Or maybe its the wierd looking guy next door.

Or maybe they are all real people and they stand by the coffee machine every day making real decisions.

This is the Internet and you'll never know.

MikeH

PeterS

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2002, 01:28:25 pm »

Jared,
Very few of the contributors to this forum have actually met face-to-face, but that has never been a problem. The beauty of this virtual meeting place is that anyone, anywhere can take part in discussions, learn, give advice and collaborate on a variety of projects or just hang out and see if there is anything interesting going on.
What do we have in common? Media Jukebox, of course.

Welcome and we look foward to seeing you here more often.

PeterS

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2002, 04:18:39 pm »

oh ive actually been in and out everyday for the past 6 months. I only post from time to time when i really need something. I spend so much time reading what everyone has to say that by the time im done i have no time to post my own ideas and problems. Besides, i have no kind of programming knowledge, and i almost feel inferior to most everyone on here because it seems like 75% of you guys know some sort of programming language.  Not only that but at one time i thought I was an audiophile, then i started coming in here regularly only to find out that compared to most everyone else, i may as well be a little kid with a carry along personal tape player listening to mother goose nursery rhymes. You guys blow me away with your knowledge of audio equipment and music and such.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

PeterS

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2002, 07:41:34 am »

Yesterday I posted a message at PCMag.com in response to an article by John Dvorak about user groups. There are some interesting contributions by readers in the discussion area. Check it out if you want at:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,476659,00.asp

PeterS

JimH

• Miller drives a tall-masted tractor on the ocean
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2002, 07:59:27 am »

Jared,
Very few users have met face to face, as far as I know.  Other than the developers here, I've only met 3 or 4.

Maybe some day we'll put on an event that will draw people out of their closets.

Jim
Jim Hillegass
JRiver Media Center / Media Jukebox

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2002, 08:07:25 am »

>> Maybe some day we'll put on an event that will draw
>> people out of their closets.
Maybe One Day I Will Take A Picture Of Me In The Closet. I Have So Much Fun Being In The Closet. Normaly No One Will Ever See Me If They Are In My House And I Only Come Out Of The Closet When It Is Time For Bed.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2002, 08:24:08 am »

I've never met anybody from here, and I want to keep it that way.
Some of you people scare me.

Especially Scronch.

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2002, 04:51:59 pm »

I have had the pleasure of going to J River's 20th Anniversary party, and have met many of the crew.

Jim:  aka Godfather.  Ogre.  Has all the keys to the prison cells, and doesn't let them out until the program is bug free.  I think he's been around La Bastille once too many times.

Matt:  Matt's cute as a monkey.  And surprisingly, no acne for his age (I'm going to get sh** for this, aren't I?)

Nikolay:  Not your average bear.  Very very serious.  Doesn't want out of the cell until the bugs are fixed!

Peter:  British, but nice just the same!  He wears plaid polyester pants, and sings "Whatever Makes you Happy" while posting pictures of skateboarding jukeboxes all over his cell.

John Norris:  Likes to think the Great White North is still unexplored, and canoes his way to the nearest Canadian Tire on free weekends

Gateley:  Don't Mess with Gateley.  Pool playing hard rocker who finally found room for a tatoo of "MJ" right between "Get Lost" and Mummy".

Yaobing:  He was too busy when I was there.   To be fair, I was there in mid afternoon, right in the middle of Young & Restless.  He was busy with General hospital by the time I left.  Watching it all on MJ, of course.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

JimH

« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2002, 06:26:38 pm »

You can see she was drinking in the middle of the day.  We loved her.

grrr
Jim Hillegass

hvy duty

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2002, 07:08:56 pm »

>MikeH
I am glad to know there is only one person at JRiver. Then I think JimH is on vacation all the time, so there must be more I would think gateley,john,matt,peter and others would take offense.Thereare a lot of people on this board I would like to meet face to face don't have room to name them all, then some I would not.  There are a lot of boards on the net I have been to a bunch but there is none better than this one JimH could just charge for the board sitting in his apartment in Paris. JimH still has the big hammer ( Del Button it works from Paris).  Oh bye the way we are waiting on nine, stocks went up have $30 next week who knows.  Have a good day.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2002, 05:01:04 pm »

King,

...I Only Come Out Of The Closet When It Is Time For Bed.

I'm not going anyhere near that one.

Jared,
We really are the same person ... except for that Tuesday Guy. You know, the one who closes and deletes posts when he comes in to work.
AFTER JimH has gone home, of course.
CVIII
That's right.
I'm cool.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2002, 05:09:46 pm »

Charlemagne 8

hehe

in case you don't know. I have a room of my very own, and in this room i have my stuf, and if i walk beyond my stuf i get to my Closet where i have my good stuf.

it is a walk in Closet where I have my computer, printer, scanner, tv, Programing books and this is where I live from the time i get home to the time I go to bed, and it has been like this since 1983 when i saw my first Atari 800 computer hooked to a 300baud modem.

Sue is a computer widow.

The good thing is I gave her my old computer, and now she is on that one all the time. I need to hook it up to the internet and she will be set. I am thinking of doing that when i give her this one maybe with an air card-router setup.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

JimH

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2002, 05:25:13 pm »

OK, we're taking donations for Sue's hookup.  I'm in for $10.

Listening to: '03 - Tributo Al Nino Rivera' from 'Distinto, Diferente' by 'Juan De Marcos and Afro Cuban All Stars' on Media Jukebox
Jim Hillegass

sekim

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2002, 05:37:15 pm »

Jim,

Seen A.C.A.S. on A&E ( I think ) one night a while back. Very good. Didn't understand a word, but the music was excellent.

Listening to: 'Bring Me a Shotgun (Lightnin' Hopkins)' from 'An Anthlogy of Blues - Volume 2' by 'Various' on Media Jukebox

This ancient stuff ain't bad either.

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2002, 05:39:54 pm »

Lightnin' Hopkins is good stuff. EMusic is flush with it.
That's right.
I'm cool.

JimH

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2002, 05:42:48 pm »

Afro Cuban All Stars have been to Minneapolis a couple of times.  We saw them once at Orchestra Hall.  Fantastic show!

I think that Juan de Marcos de Gonsalez, leader of the group, was also the person who assembled the talent for Rye Cooder when he recorded Buena Vista Social Club.  Ruben Gonzalez, Omara Portuondo, Ibrahim Ferrer, Compay Segundo, and several other older Cuban musicians.  

I recently found out about Bebo Valdes and his son, Chucho Valdes.  Both wonderful Cuban pianists.
Jim Hillegass

John Gateley

• Nice haircut
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2002, 08:27:20 pm »

>Gateley: Don't Mess with Gateley. Pool playing hard rocker who finally found room for a tatoo of "MJ" right between "Get Lost" and Mummy".

Ummm... tatoos?

j

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: August 25, 2002, 11:58:08 am »

I know, I know.  But you seemed like such a sweet guy.  Didn't know if you wanted everyone to know that, or if you prefered to have them a tad scared of you
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?
Pages: [1]   Go Up