INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems installying FLAC encoder plugin  (Read 2200 times)

jimbolla

• Recent member
Problems installying FLAC encoder plugin
« on: July 05, 2007, 11:03:47 pm »

I used to be able to use the FLAC encoder without problem. Then after an upgrade of MC or the plugin, it stopped working. Now it won't reinstall. I get a dialog that says...

Failed to install package.

More info: Failed to register object.
C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 12\Plugins\Enc_FLAC.dll
URL: C:\Enc_FLAC-V2.2.2\Enc_FLAC.dll

I've tried several different options, installing from various mjp files. Uninstalling/reinstalling MC. Installing the latest In_FLAC plugin. Copying the file into the plugins folder manually and installing via MC's Plugin manager. This is getting annoying as I have a stack of new cds to rip. :/ Any help would be greatly appreciated.

scthom

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Problems installying FLAC encoder plugin
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2007, 06:58:35 pm »

Odd for the encoder not to install.  Usually it's the decoder.  Something is preventing the plugin from registering.

Try depends.exe (http://www.dependencywalker.com) and see if something is missing.

Rizlaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2007, 10:14:37 pm »

A suggestion. Using depends.exe will very likely tell you that you have a problem with at least one or two of these dll files: "gdiplus.dll" and "apphelp.dll". If your read my 7/6/07 edit to my last post regarding a similar problem with FLAC installation on Windows Virtual Machines - http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=41352.0 - you will notice that simply finding and copying your "gdiplus.dll" to the same location where you have your unzipped flac encoder files and then using "local_install.mjp" to do the install, will, I hope, work for you.
Ubuntu Gnome 20.04 LTS

jimbolla

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2007, 02:06:17 am »

DependencyWalker:

Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

c:\windows\system32\MPR.DLL: WNetRestoreConnectionA

Googling around says this probably isn't an issue.

Tried copying gdiplus.dll into the install folder and that didn't help either. Found 4 copies of it on my pc. Tried all four.

scthom

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2007, 06:59:48 am »

DependencyWalker:

Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

c:\windows\system32\MPR.DLL: WNetRestoreConnectionA

Googling around says this probably isn't an issue.

Yep, shouldn't be a problem.  I'm missing that one too :)

Tried copying gdiplus.dll into the install folder and that didn't help either. Found 4 copies of it on my pc. Tried all four.

gdiplus.dll is required for the decoder (image handling) but not encoder.

jimbolla

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2007, 03:09:33 pm »

What does the plug-in registration entail? Just setting registry settings? Could I do that manually? Would exporting the appropriate registry node from another computer and importing on this computer be all that's needed?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2007, 04:10:03 pm »

You can use regsvr32.exe from a command prompt, but you'll have to give it a full path to the dll you want to register.  It's in the Windows/system32 directory.  Try google if you have trouble.
Pages: [1]   Go Up