INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pane View Navigation Question  (Read 817 times)

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Pane View Navigation Question
« on: July 16, 2007, 05:45:10 pm »

OK.  Since I've come out of my hole to post once already today, I thought I might as well make history and post a second query in one day...

I am looking for a way in Pane View to used a filtered result as the new starting point.  i.e., if I notice that a rip has created a new genre I don't want, I'd like to be able to click on the Genre, click on one of the resulting Artists, perhaps even select a specific album, then use that filtered result as a new filter starting point (MC would essentially set the other panes back to "All" without resetting the currently selected filtered item.) 

Right now, if I drill down to a specific Album and then click the "All" field under Genre, it will reset all panes to "All" and I lose my filtered selection.  It would be nice if MC would retain the filtered selection when using a modifier key when clicking on the other panes, like a deselect (and a context menu selection that would do this would also be helpful).  Clicking on a track and selecting "Locate Album" sometimes gets the job done, but that's not always the category I'm trying to narrow it down by, plus is a little more work than would be ideal.

Is this something that can already be done and I've just never figured out the correct way to go about it?

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Pane View Navigation Question
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 01:59:38 am »

try right clicking on the view scheme in question and choose "Edit view scheme"

In the dialogue that then shows, enable bi-directional filtering and click OK...

does that help?

RedJ

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Pane View Navigation Question
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 09:22:00 am »

That's exactly it!  I don't think I've ever even acknowledged that setting's existence before.  That's probably why you have 5 stars and I don't.  ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up